game dose not start

waggertribe

Chieftain
hello

i am having a problem with loading the game. i start it and it create a black window. it will then close within less then a second. i have identified my graphics card a possible sores of the problem but was wondering if it could be anything else?

thanks and smile :)

I have almost the same problem today (after the release of the latest update this morning GMT). Usually I got a black screen but after a while I manage to play the game. Today though the game doesn't start at all, I don't even get the black window.

I'm having the exact same issue.
I tried running the game with both FullScreen = 1 and FullScreen = 0 in the GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini.

My graphics card is awfully outdated (a Radeon X550 128mb, I believe), but I don't think this should prevent me from actually starting the game and get into the menu.
I think at worst I would be able to get into the menu but actually starting a game would make it crash, and at best that I would be able to run the game at maybe 5fps.

If anyone could provide some insight into this issue, and try to come up with a solution, even though my graphics card doesn't meet the requirement - well, it would mean the world to me! And likely to the OP as well. :)

EDIT:
I'm also on XP SP2, which is also below the minimum requirements, but I suspect that the only reason it is listed as below the min. requirements is that it's no longer supported by Microsoft. But if you, waggertribe, could tell us which OS you're running, it might help us both. And the same for anyone else running, or trying to run, the game on XP SP2, it would help a great deal if you could tell us if it works for you.

I'm having the exact same issue.
I tried running the game with both FullScreen = 1 and FullScreen = 0 in the GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini.

I've tried this as well. I couldn't find any other way to run the game in windowed mode. Windowed Resolution X is still set to 1920 and Y to 1080 so doubt this change will start the game in windowed mode. If you know another way to do this The_J, please let us know.

Oh I forgot,here are my settings:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2,5 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
6Gb DDR2 SDRAM

thanks for the help

i tried with the window and nothing changed. trying to by a new graphics card shortly. i am on vista sp 2

I get the black scrren window too. I just got a new computer that is better than all min requirements. If i find a fix i will let you know please do the same.

Top Bottom