Caveman 2 Cosmos

Speaking of AI... I noticed something weird in my latest game.

I used a Pangaea map, but I wanted to see how I would do in total isolation from other Civs (and how they would do without my interference), so I opened the world builder and built myself a small continent out in the ocean.

A few hours later they were all wiped out by barbarians. So I opened the world builder again, exterminated all barbarians in the world, gave those other Civs new cities, and to make sure they survived this time, I also gave them a few machine guns (those should be able to kill anything in prehistoric times, right?).

Just 100 turns later, Adolf Hitler is wiped out by barbarians again. Apparently he dismantled his machine guns because he liked spiked clubmen and couldn't afford both.

I used a Pangaea map, but I wanted to see how I would do in total isolation from other Civs (and how they would do without my interference), so I opened the world builder and built myself a small continent out in the ocean.

A few hours later they were all wiped out by barbarians. So I opened the world builder again, exterminated all barbarians in the world, gave those other Civs new cities, and to make sure they survived this time, I also gave them a few machine guns (those should be able to kill anything in prehistoric times, right?).

Just 100 turns later, Adolf Hitler is wiped out by barbarians again. Apparently he dismantled his machine guns because he liked spiked clubmen and couldn't afford both.

All this needs details which you do Not provide. Can Not address percieved problems with out details.

Game Set Up Options used (Specifically any Barb options activated, REV on or off, Ruthless or aggressive AI or Barbs, etc.), BUG options used. Map Size, Game speed, # of AI at game start up, etc..

With out these details this is just another story post. And contributes to nothing but post count.

JosEPh

It wasn't supposed to be a complaint or bug report. I would've posted it in the bug report forum with all the necessary information if it was.
Think of it as a little anecdote about how weird and stupid the AI can be sometimes, or "just another story post" if you must.
And now you can hate me because this post is even more useless.

It wasn't supposed to be a complaint or bug report. I would've posted it in the bug report forum with all the necessary information if it was.
Think of it as a little anecdote about how weird and stupid the AI can be sometimes, or "just another story post" if you must.
And now you can hate me because this post is even more useless.

I don't "hate" except for those that embrace evil as a way of life and seek to only harm.

Your post to me read like it was a perceived problem with the AI. That's why I brought up giving details as it could be a simple matter of Option combinations.

JosEPh ;)

I don't think Joe was trying to say it was pointless... I don't think the post was pointless myself. It does point to the possibility that the evaluation of what units are first lost by being in a bad economic state could be improved. Someday. Barbs are tough in many ways because their AI for attacking cities is much better than the normal AI is at defending them imo. There's certainly more to be done to help there.

There's over 50 of them up to the Renaissance alone. I was planning to record some more, but I hadn't got around to it yet.

That's a cool idea!

Personally, I also think some quotes are TOO slow.
"The key for a successfull hunting is this: Make sure your prey gives up before you do."

I really liked the speed the original vanilla quotes had. No idea why someone wanted them to be slower.

is it possible to change game setting mid game? like unlimited special units for example.

Not really. Last time I tried, the World builder (save as scenario -> new scenario with new options -> continue this as game) messed up lots of things, as it didn't saved properties for example.

Not really. Last time I tried, the World builder (save as scenario -> new scenario with new options -> continue this as game) messed up lots of things, as it didn't saved properties for example.

:mischief: IIRC - when you go into WB and change something, you just continue playing. You do not have to:
save as scenario -> new scenario with new options -> continue this as game
Which as you say would mess upthings.

I turned on Fight or Flight through WB a few turns ago... and just continued playing. I've had no problems...

:mischief: IIRC - when you go into WB and change something, you just continue playing. You do not have to: Which as you say would mess upthings.

Oh I did not know you can change options directly in the WB :eek:

So, noticed something odd.
A Privateer requires civics options to be built.
I guess you can't be friendly to your allies while eating their ships. :)

Was this a recent change, or did I always have one of those rather awkward set up of civics while using them in the past?

And maybe I don't know much about pirates, but weren't some of them hired to sink "Friendly" ships, like Blackbeard, and the like.

I'm just saying, it's a little annoying that I have to juggle civics around just to build a unit.
I can understand buildings, but units? Other than the Crusader, which still no one paid attention to my idea of how to make them fit in, which is mean of you all. :)

Seriously, that's just a spriting thing, and I think spriting can't be 100 times more complicated than string theory. :)

And no, Mercantilism is not an option, nor any no foreign trade route civics.

No Foriegn trade routes is literally not worth anything, up to and including +50 XP to all units. :p

I mean, I'll use Intolerant during a war, but who doesn't. :)

I just would like some advice on how to build the Statue of Liberty while having my Privateer prevent my enemy from building a fleet big enough to siege my empire. Currently, they don't have anything more dangerous than a carrack.

Also, why you all ignore my question that was serious, the one about if you plan on adding more reducing maintenance buildings.

Don't make me use my spies on you. :)
And that was a nice touch making Barber Shops reduce Espionage defense.

Oh, and uh, are Asatru Monastaries supposed to give -10% military production?
I am pretty sure Odin and Thor, are probably not against wars. :)

Is there a huge advantage to having Foreign Trade Routes?

I actually would love to see the Civ V caravan model of Trade but guess that's not possible

@DavidB1111 most of us are busy with "life" at the moment so things are a bit slow.

I liked your idea on crusades but you are wrong in your assumption. If you don't know how to do graphics but can do coding then graphics is 100 times more complicated than string theory. ;) Most of the things we have wanted to do with this mod but have not been able to do have been due to the lack of graphics and our ability to make them.

All the Asatru buildings give +exp to military units. I think the idea of the -10% military production is to represent the extra time to train the units. It does seem a bit excessive but maybe it balances the reduction in war unhappiness.

Top Bottom