Problems loading my saved game...

tranquilo99

Chieftain
The game keeps freezing on me when I try to load a saved game. Is this happening to everyone? If so, is there any way to fix it? I would hate to start a brand new map. This is the only problem that I have experienced, so far. It's a pretty big problem though. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

You're not alone. Fix? There is none, at least none that's worked for me yet. Looks like we're both waiting for the patch.

You can TRY to load an earlier turn (out of the autosaves, if necessary), then, DO NOTHING but immediately load your current save. This will help some, but eventually, the crash will happen again.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

I too would like to see this problem fixed.

Something to note might be in the NVidia forceware - I was originally using version 61.XX forceware and the saved games loaded up every time without any problems. However, I then updated to the newest forceware (81.XX) to try and get around some civ4 graphics problems, and ever since I have not been able to load saved games.

Frustrating - I definately will not be playing this game any more until these problems are fixed.

WATTO
watto@watto.org
http://www.watto.org

I have found that itdoes a CTD when I load a saved game. Sometimes it will play fine and once I played for a couple of hours with no problem, saved my game and switched the PC off for half an hour, came back and then loaded up the game for it to CTD....!!!! That saved game would not continue and the autosave one would only continue for a little while.

This is r-e-a-l-l-y frustrating and doesn't encourage me to bother with a new game knowing that in all probability it can't be completed. :mad:

Top Bottom