Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

Can our UN representative charge them with crimes against reasonableness?

Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

You are just in luck! We will be finishing iron working in only a matter of turns. We are looking for techs that lead to monarchy. Do your great scientists have such knowledge?

croxis
Fanatics Dude
And I sent this to bat

Greetings,

We looked over our records and confirmed that we have responded to every message. We have responded to a message on October 30th, which bounced with out me knowing it, to that I apologize. We have received an email from one of your members which I responded to on the 10th of November to which there was no response. We had assumed you wanted no more contact with us. I strongly suggest for further contact we keep communication to the team emails only to prevent any further mishaps.

We very much regret this failure at communication between our teams. We do wish to pursue and continue a relationship of friendship. Our team looks forward to your reply.

croxis
Fanatica Foreign Minister

Mail delivery failure :(

We lost power, along with 300,000 others, in a somewhat serious windstorm last night, it may be a few days before it is restored to my home due to my somewhat rural location. I may be out for a couple days. I'm leaving the keys to my commune to the prez. The women are up for grabs too. Free love and all that ;)

Bloody a, I just wanna slap BAT.

Dear Croxis, Dear Fanatic team

We have received your message dated from December 10.

We sent a message to your team on october the 31, then a new message
requesting a chat, on november the 8. please find hereafter a copy of
these 2 messages.

As we had no answer from your part and at the same time you met GWT
team, we deduced you preferred an alliance with this team.

That's why we are really suprised now. To be honest, part of our team
still has some doubts. We discussed much in our team, which explains
time taken to answer you.

But the most important is still to have good relations with our
neighbors, so we will be glad to make exchanges with you as soon as
possible.

Bat team

Copy of the 2 old messages :

Dear CFC

We have just met also GWT.

What do you think about the idea to make an alliance with GWT team. Such
alliance could be easier to realize because we already know each other.

If you think yourselves too much engage with COG, we respect that and we
will wait to meet them.

Hi,

Efficient discussions are difficult with this type of short messages,
and we would like to clarify the diplomatic situation (particularly with
GWT and COG), so we propose to organize a new meeting. If you agree with
this idee, please send us as soon as possible your disponibility.

*shakes fist rapidly*

I am gonna did up our two responces and send them to every single email I have for them.

Well, if they want to have friendly relations they have a really annoying way of saying it.

The best defense is offense, so maybe we should point out, somewhat indignantly, that our emails to them keep bouncing back with delivery failures and out-of-office replies. I don't like the way they are trying to put the blame on us, I don't like the good cop-bad cop talk about certain distrustful elements in their team, and IMO we shouldn't have to defend our actions among friends against silly accusations of this kind.

Reading between the lines, their reply seems to imply that they are not allied with GWT, but would like to be :).
Or they could try to use this self-made "crisis" to get rid of us and kiss up with another team or even a pair of teams :(.

I would caution about reading too much into it. None of them are native English speakers so it is possible that subtle nuances are artificial or loss. But I agree, this is far more work than it should be. I want to complete the alpha/iw trade and let that be that. IF they wish to continue any kind of relationship with us I will, tactfully, shift the workload to them.

Lets just forget about it now. Even if they decide to go for alphabet its still like two techs away and who can say what kind of mood they will be in by then. Basically we are starting from scratch with BAT and I don't think its a real big loss.

That sounds good, croxis.

I would prefer not to be left without any close friends, and maybe this is all just a minor hiccup, so as far as our long term relations are concerned, let's give BAT the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Here is an update from GWT:
Dear croxis, dear thunderfalls!

Many thanks for the message that you finished researching iron working. It would be very nice if we could exchange this technology now, but at this moment we do not have the possibility. We currently do not have the knowledge how to scribble strange symbols to exchange technologies this way.

Unfortunately, we have to much jungle in our homelands and we probably can't wait to cut these trees down until we got the alphabet. So we think we have to research iron working on our own. Maybe we can profit a bit about your work as a first researcher.

You also asked about technologies leading to monarchy. Until now, we have mysticism and meditation.

We are looking forward to hear from you.

With best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen.

As far as the BAT thing goes, be polite but make it absolutely clear that the problem is not at our end. It is ridiculous that they don't seem to have a central contact point working.

Also make it clear that we have lived up to our end of the deal and that they should get there backsides into gear and live up to theres. If they hadn't been costantly going off and research other branches they would have alphabet around now, yet they don't have writing. I think we should seriously consider giving them a deadline, we can't be here waiting for them forever.

Some quotes from the chats might be good too. 4 members of thier team were present when we made these deals (Abukhir - foreign minister, holocanthe - president, f.humblot and Sir). Abukhir refered to this agreement as an alliance.

They do say they must take this back to their team, but they don't seem to have much doubt durring the chat.:rolleyes: And I notice the two messages we missed didn't have anything to do with this deal.

[13:30] abukhir: We are going to search "élevage" (we are searching in english...)
[13:30] RegentMan: Leverage? My guess...
[13:30] abukhir: sheaperling ?
[13:31] David: farming
[13:31] abukhir: that discover horses
[13:31] abukhir: ok, farming
[13:31] RegentMan: Animal husbandry.
[13:31] David: oh, animal husbandry
[13:31] abukhir: ok for animal husbandry
[13:31] abukhir: after that we can go directly to writing

[13:32] RegentMan: How many turns do you expect it to take?
[13:32] David: this is a good point to start talking about the technologies
[13:32] RegentMan: The sooner we get to alphabet, the better.
[13:32] abukhir: It's clear !

[13:32] abukhir: but the way is long
[13:33] abukhir: we have great discussions about time to find alphabet
[13:33] abukhir: we think it would be quicker if we meet other teams...
[13:33] RegentMan: How so? I didn't think discovery reduced research times.
[13:34] abukhir: if another team has this science, you need less science points
[13:34] RegentMan: Civ III, yes. Civ IV ???
[13:34] RegentMan: Hmm, okay.
[13:34] abukhir: yes on civ IV...
[13:34] holocanthe: civ 4 too
[13:36] abukhir: we have an estimation : we should find around turn 60 or 65 the alphabet
[13:36] abukhir: it's not yet clear
[13:36] David: so in about 30 turns
[13:36] RegentMan: Well, at least you have an estimation.
[13:36] abukhir: around that, yes

[13:36] abukhir: but it's very difficult to estimate clearly
[13:37] David: of cource, i think we need to decide which is more important first, you meeting cog or us trading techs
[13:38] abukhir: well, the 2 will go together (writing is just before alphabet)
[13:38] RegentMan: True.
[13:38] RegentMan: Open borders will allow them to definetly meet COG.
[13:38] RegentMan: But I'm certain there's another way to them, to our east.
[13:38] abukhir: And for their part, where are they going, on research ?
[13:39] abukhir: do you have an idea ?
[13:39] abukhir: And for you ? lol
[13:39] David: last i checked they did not talk to us about it
[13:39] RegentMan: They are going for the wheel.
[13:39] David: well there you ahve it
[13:40] RegentMan: COG is also building a settler in their capital right now.
[13:40] abukhir: Wow, have they a worker ??
[13:41] RegentMan: We don't think so.
[13:41] abukhir: it's a quick beginning...
[13:41] abukhir: or they would be at 1 in population
[13:41] RegentMan: Maybe they don't have copper and are freaking out.
[13:42] abukhir: Where are you for iron working
[13:42] RegentMan: As you know, we just finished sailing. We were planning on grabbing agriculture, then iron working.
[13:42] David: we are going for agriculture first, then iw after
[13:43] abukhir: So it would be when ?
[13:43] abukhir: just to have an idea
[13:43] David: 5 for agri, and about 20 after that for iw
[13:43] abukhir: well, it would be around the same...

[13:43] abukhir: maybe a bit late for us...
[13:44] RegentMan: We can take the time to get our tech swaps taken care of. Are we going to do a straight swap once you have alphabet?
[13:44] David: or are we going to work it out so we trade the same amount of beakers?
[13:45] abukhir: I think, yes !
[13:45] abukhir: yes to the exchange quickly
[13:45] RegentMan: Because I see us being much more successful if we just gift each other the techs as soon as we research them.
[13:45] abukhir: we are ok for that
[13:46] David: I agree with, RegentMan, but we should talk to our other team mates about that first

[13:46] RegentMan: Of course, it's just my opinion. Some on our team want to trade beaker for beaker.
[13:46] RegentMan: So yes, a team discussion is necessary.
[13:46] abukhir: Of course, the same for us
[13:47] abukhir: but the principle would be to exchange when we have a new tech

[13:47] abukhir: and to have discussions to search well...
[13:47] RegentMan: We would have to plan our routes to make sure one party isn't researching all of the expensive techs.
[13:47] abukhir: But without any other trading with other team (not in the alliance)

Top Bottom