DOWNLOAD Warhammer Version 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making

Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03 pre-Alpha (PUBLIC RELEASE PENDING)
Warhammer Heart of Chaos: Sound Pack(PUBLIC RELEASE PENDING)​

Patch: WHoC 003a (PUBLIC RELEASE PENDING)

Install Instructions:
  • WHoC 0.03 is a stand alone installation and does not require any other files to be installed
  • When installing, make sure the Destination location is correct for your computer. Make sure the directory is something like: {Civ4 Installation directory such as C: Games\}Civilization\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03
  • Install the mod :)
  • Extract the WHoC 003a patch to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03' directory and overwrite all files.
  • Enjoy :D

Spoiler Version 0.03 :

Changelog (14/12/09):
  • Added in all warhammer Civic, including art, TXT_KEY references and tech requirements.
  • Included Orlanths Lairs CTD and city-founding-on-resources fixes.
  • Added Tilea, Estalia, Kislev, Bretonnia, Sylvania, Woodelves Civilizations (including flag and team colour, placeholder city art, leaders and traits)
  • fixed a lot of TXT_KEY errors
  • Fixed Red-Blob units (still a LOT of placeholders though)
  • readjusted some improvement scales.
  • a lot of other work that slips my mind atm.
  • a LOT of other stuff from earlier changelogs ;)

Spoiler Version 0.03 Patch a :

Changelog (23/12/09):
  • Fixed Eras in leaderhead infos and Tech Infos, so Orlanths Sound Pack is now fully compatable.
  • Fixed Smugglers port Tech requirements. Requires Trade (alternative suggestions?)
  • Fixed Sea Dragon Cloak from being selectable as a promotion.
  • Removed Tower of Mastery, Altar of Luonnotar and Gone to Hell victory conditions.
  • Fixed barbarian Leaders names (no longer Bhall or Agares)
  • fixed dificulties (now goes up to Deity)
  • Fixed Goody Hut Pops (dosnt only give you low gold)
  • Enabled a few Marnok Lair Pops.
  • Added a few missing promotions (courage, Valor, Immortal, medic 1-3 etc)
  • fixed the Alliance and Covenant Civics, removed the Grey Court civic.
  • ancient cavalry speed reduced to 2. renamed light cavalry
  • the first city you found will now correctly have a palace.
  • Fixed all missionary units. they now correctly allow you to spread their religion and start with the medic promo.
  • Fixed Lair improvements so scouts dont get stuck on them if they are set to auto explore. also made some act like goody huts and other spawn some barb units.

Current Known Bugs
  • Religion movies cause Screen:Redraw python errors.

This thread is also for Bug reports found in the latest version.

just a few things id like you to keep in mind when reporting bugs:

1. I would really appreciate it if you didnt 'chat' in here, if you find something you'd like to discuss, open a new thread if there isn't already one :)

2. Please specify which version and patch number you are using.

3. If you get any XML Errors, please take a screen shot and post in here (to take a screen shot simply press the 'print screen' button on your keyboard and paste it into any image editing program, such as paint)

4. If you are noticing an issue please make sure you have python popups enabled so we can see what the real error is. To enable python popups in your CivilizationIV.ini change:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

To:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Thanks, and happy Civving :D

Bugs:

1. Many mapscripts spawn large amounts of jungle, deep jungle, wetland, marsh and desert.
2. Some elven factions can build magic colleges (though not the mage units).
3. Mage college factions can build all the colleges; they should be limited in the total number they can build, probably to 3 (to make sure some are left for other factions).
4. Updated "Sid's tips" not yet implemented. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293933
5. Wood elf mage tech requirements are too low.
6. Building the WE forest dragon causes a CTD (fixed yet?), and its icon is a pink square.
7. WE warhawk rider national limit cap too high (should be 5).
8. Need to document that WE faction should adopt Sylvan Ways civic in order for forests to convert to ancient forests.
9. War Galley buildable by all factions; should be a Tilean UU. Water units probably also need strength rebalancing; trireme/galley strength 2, caravel strength 4, privateer strength 5, war galley strength 6, frigate strength 7, galleon strength 4, ship of the line strength 10, ironclad strength 14.
10. Frigate currently requires cannons tech; it should require only astronomy tech (otherwise outclassed by ship of the line).
11. Suidocks wonder too powerful, and buildable in non-coastal cities (despite mostly coastal city benefits).
12. Armored units (steam tank, juggernaut of khorne) have no promotions available. Convert to chariot units, or make some promotions available for armored units.
13. College and Elven mages require their college to upgrade from mage to archmage. This requires very annoying micromagement to move them back to the right city, and the AI won't do this.
14. Pegasus should be a fighter aircraft unit, not a normal combat unit. AI doesn't seem to be using the chaos furies unit as an aircraft? (wrong AI type applied?)
15. Exalted chaos sorceror (with tzeentch and nurgle spells anyway) has a python error.
16. Nagash spawns at the beginning of the game, and his summons wipe out any nearby civs.
17. Goodie huts give out free techs, which is very unbalancing. At best they should give ~50 beakers to the currently researched tech. Its particularly bad in how it advantages races that start with a 3 move scout, who can easily get a couple of extra free techs.
18. The Sicaire unit is supposed to be a Tilean assassin UU. But at the moment it remains unbuildable. It is also far too strong - 11 strength assassin??!? Should be ~7 strength or so, max. Marksmen is very very powerful in this mod with all the bombardment damage siege weapons and spells. Dark Elf assassin similarly overpowered.
The name "sicaire" is also pretty obscure. I'd recommend something easier to relate to.
19. The WE wardancer troupe is currently just a pikeman; 5/7, +50% vs mounted, +25% vs melee. It should be 6/5 +50% vs melee, 10% withdraw chance. Its an offensive unit.
20. Lizardmen cottages hamlets towns etc dont display graphics.

Balances/Changes:

Additions:

Graphical:

PL, take the soundtrack link out of the first post, its just confusing and irrelevant.

Known bugs/issues (from the private forum thread):
1. Many mapscripts spawn large amounts of jungle, deep jungle, wetland, marsh and desert.
2. Some elven factions can build magic colleges (though not the mage units).
3. Mage college factions can build all the colleges; they should be limited in the total number they can build, probably to 3 (to make sure some are left for other factions).
4. Updated "Sid's tips" not yet implemented. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293933
5. Wood elf mage tech requirements are too low.
6. Building the WE forest dragon causes a CTD (fixed yet?), and its icon is a pink square.
7. WE warhawk rider national limit cap too high (should be 5).
8. Need to document that WE faction should adopt Sylvan Ways civic in order for forests to convert to ancient forests.
9. War Galley buildable by all factions; should be a Tilean UU. Water units probably also need strength rebalancing; trireme/galley strength 2, caravel strength 4, privateer strength 5, war galley strength 6, frigate strength 7, galleon strength 4, ship of the line strength 10, ironclad strength 14.
10. Frigate currently requires cannons tech; it should require only astronomy tech (otherwise outclassed by ship of the line).
11. Suidocks wonder too powerful, and buildable in non-coastal cities (despite mostly coastal city benefits).
12. Armored units (steam tank, juggernaut of khorne) have no promotions available. Convert to chariot units, or make some promotions available for armored units.
13. College and Elven mages require their college to upgrade from mage to archmage. This requires very annoying micromagement to move them back to the right city, and the AI won't do this.
14. Pegasus should be a fighter aircraft unit, not a normal combat unit. AI doesn't seem to be using the chaos furies unit as an aircraft? (wrong AI type applied?)
15. Exalted chaos sorceror (with tzeentch and nurgle spells anyway) has a python error.
16. Nagash spawns at the beginning of the game, and his summons wipe out any nearby civs.
17. Goodie huts give out free techs, which is very unbalancing. At best they should give ~50 beakers to the currently researched tech. Its particularly bad in how it advantages races that start with a 3 move scout, who can easily get a couple of extra free techs.
18. The Sicaire unit is supposed to be a Tilean assassin UU. But at the moment it remains unbuildable. It is also far too strong - 11 strength assassin??!? Should be ~7 strength or so, max. Marksmen is very very powerful in this mod with all the bombardment damage siege weapons and spells. Dark Elf assassin similarly overpowered.
The name "sicaire" is also pretty obscure. I'd recommend something easier to relate to.
19. The WE wardancer troupe is currently just a pikeman; 5/7, +50% vs mounted, +25% vs melee. It should be 6/5 +50% vs melee, 10% withdraw chance. Its an offensive unit.
20. City defenses (castles, walls) don't work properly. They should stack with cultural defenses, but they seem to be completely ignored by units.

Any way to sticky this thread? Or at least edit the link into the existing stickied threads?

ok guys, Patch a has been finished for a while now, but were having some issues with compatability with XP machines. i need someone who has vista and who is willing to run a few tests for me. post a message here if thats you :)

could you please upload somewhere besides atomic gamer, i have trouble getting files from there alot of times. thanks :)

This might not happen; we've had trouble with Filefront and finding a reliable download source; this is the best we've got for now. Were you able to download 1.5 ok?

when I click on download nothing happens and then when I click again it says this (i do wait before clicking again) "Only one active download is allowed per download link. This means most download accelerators will not work since they create several connections per given download link." i don't use download accelarators, I don't no much but I've found source fourge good. Thanks for the quick response, loved 1.4 :) :) great mod :goodjob:

interesting... are you sure you dont have a download accelerator? perhaps you should contact the moderators there and tell them?

ill see if i can upload it to sourceforge as well then anyway. i remember having a few people had trouble with atomic download before too. just pray it lets me upload it lol

Running 1.5, no patch, Normal, Grimgor. EDIT: Warhammer World Cities.

1. Pic1: Turn 0 start. Note I have Destruction religion in city :). Press end of turn, and check out pic2. On the first turn (1), i get no Destruction religion in my city, for apparently some orcs chase it out. :eek: (?) Eventually meet Ogres and Hobgobs much later, and they seem to have Destruction in the game... But in Worldbuilder they too, get their Destruction chased out. Pic3 shows me just built the Shrine Idol, and the next turn Destruction spreads to ALL my cities (its about time. YAY!! :D). In save.

If you build a settler, and settle it, Destruction spreads to it (it does not spread to conquered cities either). This explains how my Destruction buddies got it (I went on a conquering spree, as you do - gotta get that great general ;)) - Pic 3.

2. Killing RIVER Trolls are giving me light cavalry. Happens every time. Just stick a river troll in world builder, have a stack of three orcs jump it and a survivor creates a light cavalry. Fun stuff ;) Good way to get some cheesy units early. Also in save. Killing Trolls do not do this. Only River Trolls. Pic 4.

3. Celestial Palace pink square at Philosophy (gives +1 food, +1 ham, +1 gp) - not linked icon? Also the Great Maw. Must be coming in patch a i guess.

Attachments

• Reloaded Initial Autosave.JPG
    Reloaded Initial Autosave.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 1,603
  • Greenskin Tribe scattered funny on turn 1.JPG
    Greenskin Tribe scattered funny on turn 1.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Destruction spreads to built cities.JPG
    Destruction spreads to built cities.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Rivertroll deaths create light cavalry.JPG
    Rivertroll deaths create light cavalry.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 1,516
  • Grimgor IC -1580 Spread of Destruction in my turf.CivBeyondSwordSave
    479.2 KB · Views: 364
(it does not spread to conquered cities either).

interesting , the mechanic appears to have been switched. orcs are meant to chase out non destruction religions and found destruction automatically... can you try a random map and see if the problem persists?

2. Killing RIVER Trolls are giving me light cavalry. Happens every time. Just stick a river troll in world builder, have a stack of three orcs jump it and a survivor creates a light cavalry. Fun stuff Good way to get some cheesy units early. Also in save. Killing Trolls do not do this. Only River Trolls. Pic 4.

interesting will check this out

3. Celestial Palace pink square at Philosophy (gives +1 food, +1 ham, +1 gp) - not linked icon? Also the Great Maw. Must be coming in patch a i guess.

it should just be the icons that are missing the features should be generated by the random maps as normal, ive updated the maps in patch a.

thanks alot. :) :):)
Edit: i actually finaly got it working [party]:band::banana::beer::dance::bounce: :woohoo:

Tried a random map with Grimgor. Found out that if you do not convert to Destruction on Turn 0, on turn 1 they chase it out. If you convert on Turn 0, you keep the religion in the city. Built cities autostart with Destruction, and conquered cities get Destruction after revolt. As I forgot to convert on turn 0 on the WH cities map (there was no popup to remind you, although it does for non WH cities map) thats where I got screwed ;) (for conquered cities do not get Destruction after revolt then, because well you dont have a state religion).

The river troll deaths still create light cavalry however (tested with Karl Franz). Is this intentional?

The nasty random events may be happening too early. Normal speed on WH Cities: turn 49 slavering troll (cool!), 90 chieftain uprising, 97 greenskins gather, 107 another chief uprising, 109 necromancer abominations (necromancer +5 undead munters), 113 another necromancer abominations (Lich + 4 munters), 123 moot uprising (OUCH!), 142 wyvern comes calling (!!OUCH!! - is this way tooooo early?). Luckily I had those spechul light cavalry! :D I (uh) reloaded on the last event obviously.

The river troll deaths still create light cavalry however (tested with Karl Franz). Is this intentional?

definately not.

The nasty random events may be happening too early. Normal speed on WH Cities: turn 49 slavering troll (cool!), 90 chieftain uprising, 97 greenskins gather, 107 another chief uprising, 109 necromancer abominations (necromancer +5 undead munters), 113 another necromancer abominations (Lich + 4 munters), 123 moot uprising (OUCH!), 142 wyvern comes calling (!!OUCH!! - is this way tooooo early?). Luckily I had those spechul light cavalry! I (uh) reloaded on the last event obviously.

yeh thats mainly because we dont have many good or just minor events and lots of uprising events, so once we get more common events the uprisings should appear more rare.

I just installed the mod cleanly but I have no ingame music or sound.

edit: anyone having this problem copy over your old Sound folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom