Main Download and Information

Yes, BTS Scenarios are compatable with LoR, as of the current release. However, I'm also planning a scenario with my friend and partner, Dragonxander. I'm very sorry to hear about this Phungus, but I'm sure that, even though you stop modding this, it'll live on, especially since people are still contributing to it.

Just read it now. Great interview. Shame to hear about AchillesZero, hope he turns up again at some stage. Fantastic effort on the mod though, it's truly brilliant and I'm enjoying it massively. I only wish I'd discovered it earlier! :D

phungus420. You'll be missed. You've done a fantastic job on this mod but I guess all things come to an end eventually. I just want to let you know how much I've appreciated this mod!!! When I discovered it I told my Civ friends about it immediately and we all really look forward to play it online without problems! Thanks a lot for your hard work!

I share Padishar Creel's sentiment, 100%. We appreciate you Phungus. Thank you so much for making LoR possible.

Phungus, you did a great job of turning Revolutions into an even better mod!

Phungus,

LoR is just a great polish for the whole Civ experience - the improved espionage and tech tree, revolutions, the balance game play, ethnically diverse styles etc. etc. etc.

I really hope you are interested in bringing this project to Civ5. As you know, the civ franchise up till now focused on mass appeal, leaving out more complex gameplay. This is what your mod provides. So I am looking forward to a Legends of Revolutions for Civ5!

I was going to stop with the release of 0.9.8d, yes. However I will finish up version 0.9.9 and release that. Multiplayer should be totally functional by then, at least I plan on supporting LoR until that is done. Without AchillesZero it is impossible to finish this mod though, and I am getting bogged down by art issues I simply cannot deal with and am not inclined to work on. Working on this project is no longer fun, it is more of a chore; I'll finish what I can, but I would like to quit relatively soon.

Sorry to hear, but fully understandable...

And nice interviw, thx zxe. ;)

New version has been released.

Changelog:

• Updated to RevolutionDCM 2.81 core
    Spoiler :

• Limited Religion game option added to RevolutionInit screen
    • New RevDCM Perfect World map scrip added
    • Fix for Limited Religion founding
    • Fix for missionary logic selection and Inquisitions and Religious Victory AI behavior
    • Massive changes to Revolutions loading into BUG, all Revolutions options now accessible in the RevDCM tab (most are hidden, and are only revealed in debug mode)
    • Most unit spawning in BarbarianCiv and Revolutions changed to soft coded unit selection based on UnitAI types, rather then selecting a hardcoded unit type based on an XML string
    • Added Limited Religions Exceptions option in the RevDCM tab accessed in the BUG menu
    • BarbarianCiv new world logic fixes
    • RevEvents revCultureModifier bug fix
    • Gamespeed scaling fix for Global Warming
    • RevDCM now tracks Fuyu's Better BUG AI as well as Jdog5000's Better BTS AI.
    • Added documentation for modmakers explaining the UserSettings folder
    • Fixed Rev Trait Effects so that they are actually applied
    • Fix xml tech tag
    • Added Rev Building Effects
    • Fixed syntax issue in MovieMod module
    • Ranged bombard fix
    • Added Afforess's Battle Effects code cleanup
    • Added new doc RevolutionDCM_ModderInfo.txt
    • Added some minor optimizations to base BtS source code
    • Limited religion reimplemented in 2.8, in the SDK as a proper game option
    • Spanish translations added
    • Religious victory code optimized and debugged
    • Added ThomasSG trait code
    • Turned on World of Civilization Modular Loading
    • Unofficial patch Spy Random event and No Espionage Game Option fix
    • Added in RuthlessAI game option
    • Added New Global Define MP System
    • Fixed Rogue Popups with AI Autoplay Enabled
    • Set up code to successfully remove all Trait effects on leader changes
    • Added some new Great General AI logic
    • Fix for Civ4lerts with changePlayer
    • AIAutoPlay and Revolution.py changes needed to get "Defect and Lead Rebels" and "Accept Leader Changer" Revolution events to work.
    • Fixes to deal with religion founding weirdness in later era start games
    • Changed Dynamic Civ Names from a GameOption to a BUG option
    • Reapplied UP fix requiring a spy unit for spy unit event
    • RevDCM Options Correctly Initiate with new games, or when loading saves
    • Removed unnecessary and buggy Naval Bombard DCM component, now entirely handled by DCM Ranged Bombard
    • Hide unsupported DCM options: DCM Attack Support only visible as a toggleable option when in debug mode.
    • Fixed check in CvGameInterface.cpp for Archer Bombard, was checking if was ranged bombard
    • Performance improvements
    • Code cleanup - Ensured values in CvDefinesModTools.h actually points to something.
    • Code cleanup - All RevDCM GlobalDefineAlt values loaded into CvGlobals and exposed to python.
    • Removed DCM accuracy from Horse Archers.
    • Fixed a few more asserts being thrown by the debug dll
    • Fixed unresponsive ACO and other BULL options
    • Fix animal upgrade check bug
    • Fix free techs after forming PA late in game
    • Fix for no "Disband city?" popup when city flips and Revolution is not on
    • Fix Afforess's reported setNumRealBuilding to -1 fix in DCM bombing missions
    • Reapply fix for double disband city popup with no revolution
    • Updated Makefile to DannyDaemonic's faster makefile.
    • Fixed World of Civilization Modular Loading when the Mod Folder is not in Program Files Directory
    • Memory Leak Fix (Thanks Afforess)
    • AI no longer tips it's hand except to civs it is friendly toward
    • WHEOOHRN is still supposed to be shown if there are actual wars ongoing, hidden only if all there is is plans.
    • Tweak to WHEOOHRN trade denial and Ruthless AI
    • Corrected error reported in BBAI forums with worker logic and bDanger
    • ThomasSG's diplo display fix
    • Added AI awareness of Limited Religions Game Option
    • Fix for double religion founding with choose religions game option
    • Tech Cost modifier improved to account for Start as Minors and Tech Trading game options
    • Multiplayer mode now supported but not yet fully tested for games with more than two players.
    • Autoplay also works in MP mode.
    • Fully extricated Religion options from RevDCM 2.72 build ready for reimplementation in 2.8
    • Fixed issue with XML Tech tag
    • Fixed all nagging asserts in the debug DLL
    • Fixes to improve BUG options responsiveness
    • Fix bug in RevDCM where accepting AI takeover in an empire wide revolt results in python exception
    • Permanent alliance research bug fixed
    • Fix interface issue where BULL was not responding to BUG
    • Fix broken Religious victory bug in the Victory screen display
  • Added Multiplayer enforcement code to keep games from going out of synch from different users having different RevDCM and BULL actions settings
  • Added Dynamic Religion Spread option (in Bug menu option RevDCM tab)
  • Overhauled units, All civs now have a single UU and UB
  • Complete Diplomacy text for all leaders
  • Tech tree opened up and less restrictive and reverted early tech tree to base BtS
  • Fixed some text issues that were messing with Finish language, all languages supported (German and Spanish are nearly totally translated)

New version has been released.

Changelog:

• Updated to RevolutionDCM 2.81 core
    Spoiler :

• Limited Religion game option added to RevolutionInit screen
    • New RevDCM Perfect World map scrip added
    • Fix for Limited Religion founding
    • Fix for missionary logic selection and Inquisitions and Religious Victory AI behavior
    • Massive changes to Revolutions loading into BUG, all Revolutions options now accessible in the RevDCM tab (most are hidden, and are only revealed in debug mode)
    • Most unit spawning in BarbarianCiv and Revolutions changed to soft coded unit selection based on UnitAI types, rather then selecting a hardcoded unit type based on an XML string
    • Added Limited Religions Exceptions option in the RevDCM tab accessed in the BUG menu
    • BarbarianCiv new world logic fixes
    • RevEvents revCultureModifier bug fix
    • Gamespeed scaling fix for Global Warming
    • RevDCM now tracks Fuyu's Better BUG AI as well as Jdog5000's Better BTS AI.
    • Added documentation for modmakers explaining the UserSettings folder
    • Fixed Rev Trait Effects so that they are actually applied
    • Fix xml tech tag
    • Added Rev Building Effects
    • Fixed syntax issue in MovieMod module
    • Ranged bombard fix
    • Added Afforess's Battle Effects code cleanup
    • Added some minor optimizations to base BtS source code
    • Limited religion reimplemented in 2.8, in the SDK as a proper game option
    • Religious victory code optimized and debugged
    • Added ThomasSG trait code
    • Turned on World of Civilization Modular Loading
    • Unofficial patch Spy Random event and No Espionage Game Option fix
    • Added in RuthlessAI game option
    • Added New Global Define MP System
    • Fixed Rogue Popups with AI Autoplay Enabled
    • Set up code to successfully remove all Trait effects on leader changes
    • Added some new Great General AI logic
    • Fix for Civ4lerts with changePlayer
    • AIAutoPlay and Revolution.py changes needed to get "Defect and Lead Rebels" and "Accept Leader Changer" Revolution events to work.
    • Fixes to deal with religion founding weirdness in later era start games
    • Changed Dynamic Civ Names from a GameOption to a BUG option
    • Reapplied UP fix requiring a spy unit for spy unit event
    • RevDCM Options Correctly Initiate with new games, or when loading saves
    • Removed unnecessary and buggy Naval Bombard DCM component, now entirely handled by DCM Ranged Bombard
    • Hide unsupported DCM options: DCM Attack Support only visible as a toggleable option when in debug mode.
    • Fixed check in CvGameInterface.cpp for Archer Bombard, was checking if was ranged bombard
    • Performance improvements
    • Code cleanup - Ensured values in CvDefinesModTools.h actually points to something.
    • Code cleanup - All RevDCM GlobalDefineAlt values loaded into CvGlobals and exposed to python.
    • Removed DCM accuracy from Horse Archers.
    • Fixed a few more asserts being thrown by the debug dll
    • Fixed unresponsive ACO and other BULL options
    • Fix animal upgrade check bug
    • Fix free techs after forming PA late in game
    • Fix for no "Disband city?" popup when city flips and Revolution is not on
    • Fix Afforess's reported setNumRealBuilding to -1 fix in DCM bombing missions
    • Reapply fix for double disband city popup with no revolution
    • Updated Makefile to DannyDaemonic's faster makefile.
    • Fixed World of Civilization Modular Loading when the Mod Folder is not in Program Files Directory
    • Memory Leak Fix (Thanks Afforess)
    • AI no longer tips it's hand except to civs it is friendly toward
    • WHEOOHRN is still supposed to be shown if there are actual wars ongoing, hidden only if all there is is plans.
    • Tweak to WHEOOHRN trade denial and Ruthless AI
    • Corrected error reported in BBAI forums with worker logic and bDanger
    • ThomasSG's diplo display fix
    • Added AI awareness of Limited Religions Game Option
    • Fix for double religion founding with choose religions game option
    • Tech Cost modifier improved to account for Start as Minors and Tech Trading game options
    • Multiplayer mode now supported but not yet fully tested for games with more than two players.
    • Autoplay also works in MP mode.
    • Fully extricated Religion options from RevDCM 2.72 build ready for reimplementation in 2.8
    • Fixed issue with XML Tech tag
    • Fixed all nagging asserts in the debug DLL
    • Fixes to improve BUG options responsiveness
    • Fix bug in RevDCM where accepting AI takeover in an empire wide revolt results in python exception
    • Permanent alliance research bug fixed
    • Fix interface issue where BULL was not responding to BUG
    • Fix broken Religious victory bug in the Victory screen display
  • Added Multiplayer enforcement code to keep games from going out of synch from different users having different RevDCM and BULL actions settings
  • Added Dynamic Religion Spread option (in Bug menu option RevDCM tab)
  • Overhauled units, All civs now have a single UU and UB
  • Complete Diplomacy text for all leaders
  • Tech tree opened up and less restrictive and reverted early tech tree to base BtS
  • Fixed some text issues that were messing with Finish language, all languages supported (German and Spanish are nearly totally translated)

Yippee. Fantastic. Outstanding. I thought you had quitted modding?
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::king:

Yippee. Fantastic. Outstanding. I thought you had quitted modding?
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::king:

I had, but a real life friend tried LoR and really liked it. That motivated me to try to work on things a bit more and get a 1.0 release out; which is what I'm currently working toward doing.

Awesome news! A new version of one of my two favourite BTS mods. I'm downloading right away. :D

Thanks phungus, you're awesome. :)

New version released:

Current Version: Current version is 0.9.9a --Released 25 November 2010

-Updating is easy, simply download and install, the installer will uninstall the old version on your computer, and update the mod. The current version 0.9.9a is save game compatible with version 0.9.9, but will not load save games from earlier versions.

Changelog:
0.9.9a
  • Updated RevDCM core to 2.82
    Spoiler :
    • Bug fixes to autoplay and changeplayer found by Snake_b and Keldath
    • Added missing Finnish tags
    • Added multiplayer enforcer code
    • Aesthetic fixes to the Civilopedia unit section
    • Holy City Respawn code fixed and tested
    • Tweak to the AI pushReligious victory logic
    • Fixed nagging asserts in Civilopedia
    • PerfectWorld2g update
  • Fixed Organized leader trait so that it's Revolution bonus is actually a bonus instead of a penalty
  • Rewrote multiple Civilopedia strategy sections so that they were correct
  • Added and updated Jeelen's 300AD scenario
  • Added Events with Images modcomp (togglable in the BUG interface)

Fixed a major bug that was causing World Wonders to not be properly processed, so LoR is updated to 0.9.9b. You can updated version 0.9.9a to 0.9.9b with a 1MB patch which can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9950721&postcount=2078

For earlier versions, updating will require fully reinstalling the new version 0.9.9b, which is easy, you just download and install. LoR 0.9.9b is save game compatible with 0.9.9a and 0.9.9, but will break save games from earlier versions.

Eh Phungus
Just want to make sure I'm not doubling up on your efforts. I'm thinking of adding these to the RevolutionDCM core thanks to Afforess's mod:
1) Afforess' Advanced Unit Automations
2) Extra Diplomacy Alerts (is willing to declare war etc)

You haven't done it already have you or you are not in the middle of doing it are you?
Cheers

Eh Phungus
Just want to make sure I'm not doubling up on your efforts. I'm thinking of adding these to the RevolutionDCM core thanks to Afforess's mod:
1) Afforess' Advanced Unit Automations
2) Extra Diplomacy Alerts (is willing to declare war etc)

You haven't done it already have you or you are not in the middle of doing it are you?
Cheers

Yeah, I think both of those are on the todo list for RevDCM, if not definitely want them in. I haven't picked them up yet, as they are both alot of work I think, and am more waiting to make sure my last update shakes out with no bugs; so that's awesome if you want to pick that up. AUA will be a great addition.

thanks for this very very nice mod. I find RoM a bit too overwhelming for my level, I think this mod has a nice balance. I also love the details.... lots of work have been put into it.

I currently have the 0.9.7 version. Do I have to uninstall it, then download the current version? Is there a patch to update the version?

Top Bottom