Download and Current Changelog

Yes, Valk, I understand that, but what I mean is that the current Master of Creation gives 33% miscast, and is unavoidable if you want Birth spell. In other words, 3 out of 10 times you'll have your archmage rendered useless to even 10 turns.
Judging for the time that 1.3 took to show up, 1.4 probably may be out the next year, and is more easy to remove the 33% miscast in the next patch rather than wait to 1.4 to get it, isn't it?.

A large portion of the code needed for 1.4 is already implemented. Much of the design work has been done as well.

That said, I may change Master of Creation in a patch.

I also noticed that, seems that somebody overlooked the feature. Anyways if you go to Wb and you want, you can simply delete your dragon and create the bulding for your city, in essence it would be the same.

I'll take a look at the buildings, I really didn't mess with them.

Yo pal, you saved my life, it worked, but you just needed to delete civ.ini, thats all, I think you deleted your saves for nothing.
If somebody had the same problem (Unable to load the official maps script) should try deleting the civ.ini.

Interesting.

I am running the entire computer as an administrator. I did as you suggested (and I appreciate the help), but the launcher still does nothing. It comes up, I launch, it disappears (small white box appears and disappears in under a second) and... nothing.

I have played the various other RifE versions on other computers and am aware of the lag before loading (although the 20 minutes mentioned by another poster was a new one).

I pulled up the task manager to watch for BTS just in case I might be experiencing some kind of uber-lag, but BTS never goes into the task manager.

Other ideas?

It will show in the process manager, not the tast manager. As I said, it will be loading.

it is logical to assume that 1.31 will break saves and it is coming out next week?

my games so far.. end up in CTDs or WoCs so at least I do not have to worry about finishing the games.:lol:

It will probably break saves, I'll leave the scheduling to Valkrionn but should be soon.

it is logical to assume that 1.31 will break saves and it is coming out next week?

my games so far.. end up in CTDs or WoCs so at least I do not have to worry about finishing the games.:lol:

It will massively break saves, as there will be an entirely new XML file added. :lol:

I am adding code that will change the way barbarians (and eventually demons, but not animals) spawn.... WIll be quite nice when done.

File is in, just rewriting the spawn function now. :lol:

OK Valk, to be honest, I still have issues after solving my problem with the mapscripts:
Uber Vyrkul and Holy avenger are still harassing other civs.
When I created my game with World of Erebus, I've checked all the map with WB to see if Guardian of pristin Pass spawned, and it did not. (I've later added to my game, the event related to it are fine).
There are 2 wierd spells available to all my units, one gives loyalty, and the other enrage.
When I build a city, I get a free default Warrior, and a free Adept, so far, happened to all my games in this version.

I've attached pics to show better the problems.

Also you've asked to show a picture of the Hall of fame. I've ended a game with kurios and it didn't recorded. I still have the save from that game.

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
Virkuls slayed Khazad, note that I've saw the message that Khazad has been destroyed, but they still keep a fort commander there, so I suppose they're still alive.

Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
Shows the strange spell I've talking about that gives enraged.
Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
This other spell gives loyalty, supposedly to prevent enraged.

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
I create a city, and oh surprise, I get a warrior and a adept.

Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
The hall of fame, I don't think that picture can help, but I've ended a game with kurios winning, and it haven't recorder my game.

Hope you can help, thanks.

OK Valk, to be honest, I still have issues after solving my problem with the mapscripts:
Uber Vyrkul and Holy avenger are still harassing other civs.
When I created my game with World of Erebus, I've checked all the map with WB to see if Guardian of pristin Pass spawned, and it did not. (I've later added to my game, the event related to it are fine).
There are 2 wierd spells available to all my units, one gives loyalty, and the other enrage.
When I build a city, I get a free default Warrior, and a free Adept, so far, happened to all my games in this version.

I've attached pics to show better the problems.

Also you've asked to show a picture of the Hall of fame. I've ended a game with kurios and it didn't recorded. I still have the save from that game.

Spoiler :
View attachment 260154
Virkuls slayed Khazad, note that I've saw the message that Khazad has been destroyed, but they still keep a fort commander there, so I suppose they're still alive.

View attachment 260155
Shows the strange spell I've talking about that gives enraged.
View attachment 260156
This other spell gives loyalty, supposedly to prevent enraged.

View attachment 260157
I create a city, and oh surprise, I get a warrior and a adept.

View attachment 260158
The hall of fame, I don't think that picture can help, but I've ended a game with kurios winning, and it haven't recorder my game.

Hope you can help, thanks.

1. There is nothing that should spawn those two as barbs. I'm not sure how the :):):):) they are getting in your game
  2. As I've said before, you activated the MPL module. Deactivate it. It was simply a test module created by anw to show of Modular Python Loading; It was left in inactive modules in order to serve as an example for modders.
  3. Same thing for the warrior and adept. Turn off MPL.
  4. I'll test out the HoF.

Oh, so that is what MPL does, I always wonderered what that mod does with the game.
Um, and if I deactivate that mod, It will break my saves?

Just to show what I've been working on.... New xml file, SpawnGroupInfos.xml. What does this do? Who knows. Why was it added? Who can say? :p

Idea was Shoggi's, and is a very good one. :p

oh god ... mysteriously behaving hamster ... nothing good can come from that ...
i guess that it won't be very friendly to us ... :D

Okay.... Now that SpawnGroupInfos is (mostly) working, let me describe what it will accomplish.

First, what is it? It is a new xml file, located in Assets/XML/GameInfos.

What is it for? To put it simply... It allows us to spawn predefined stacks of barbarians. We are able to spawn specific Commanders (think Zarcaz; They will be placed in charge of the stack), specific Units (any unit we wish!), and general UnitClasses (which will spawn a unit belonging to that class, and is weighted towards the Barb version. Say you list UNITCLASS_HUNTER, you may get a Hunter... Or you may get a Cetratus, or Divided Soul). We are ALSO able to give any number of promotions to the commander units specifically, as well as the entire group's units in general.

We are able to set a group to spawn as soon as it's reqs are met, we can make them unique so that only one may spawn in a game, we can have the require specific game turns, AC counter values, terrains, and any number of AND or OR techprereqs.

Hell, we even have optional PyRequirement and PyOnSpawn tags. :lol:

In short.... We can control the minutiae of every single barb spawn. And we shall make very good use of it. ;)

Preview of a SpawnGroup entry:
Code:
<SpawnGroupInfo>	<!-- Dummy -->
	<Type>SPAWN_GROUP_TEST</Type>
	<Description>TXT_KEY_SPAWN_GROUP_TEST</Description>
	<bUnique>0</bUnique>
	<bAlwaysSpawn>0</bAlwaysSpawn>
	<bNaval>0</bNaval>
	<iPrereqMinTurn>0</iPrereqMinTurn>
	<iPrereqMaxTurn>0</iPrereqMaxTurn>
	<iPrereqMinAC>0</iPrereqMinAC>
	<iPrereqMaxAC>0</iPrereqMaxAC>
	<iWeight>0</iWeight>
	<CommanderUnits/>
	<GroupUnits/>
	<GroupUnitClasses/>
	<GroupPromotions/>
	<CommanderPromotions/>
	<SpawnTerrains/>
	<PrereqTechANDs/>
	<PrereqTechORs/>
	<PyOnSpawn/>
	<PyRequirement/>
</SpawnGroupInfo>

Looking forward to it :)
Does this affect the apocalypse riders too? they mostly destroy some units and then stays in a lake or something rest of the game.
Once every four horsemens was taking coffee break in one of my cities :lol:

So I can stop nerfing the barbs so I can play the game? I'm sorry, I must have something in my eye. Where was I. Ah yes.

This is great!

I can see this making more effective barbarian raiding parties for the mid game. And late game, massive war parties. And invasions from hell. Or from the frozen. I love the potential here.

Looking forward to it :)
Does this affect the apocalypse riders too? they mostly destroy some units and then stays in a lake or something rest of the game.
Once every four horsemens was taking coffee break in one of my cities :lol:

It will, eventually. As of now it is used only for barbarians (initial development and testing).

Once I have it working satisfactorily, I will add a list of spawngroups to the CivilizationInfos file, so you define them in one file and allow them for the civ in the other. This way I can use it for both Demons and Orcs.

So I can stop nerfing the barbs so I can play the game? I'm sorry, I must have something in my eye. Where was I. Ah yes.

This is great!

I can see this making more effective barbarian raiding parties for the mid game. And late game, massive war parties. And invasions from hell. Or from the frozen. I love the potential here.

Pretty much. :goodjob:

so is it safe to assume there isn't going to be an actual patch file? instead need to reDL the big file?

so is it safe to assume there isn't going to be an actual patch file? instead need to reDL the big file?

I have no idea where you would get that assumption. It will be a simple patch. :p

It'll even be a relatively small patch.... Just a large amount of work going into it.

oh, sorry. misunderstood something...

wheeeeeeeeee go not being able to sleep at four in the morning.:p

Top Bottom