Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Response Sent!

Enjoy me rambling-on-about-practically-nothing-because-nobody-tells-me-anything! :sad:

DT

Hey, as far as I know you know as much as me :)

ooc: That's because you lack of activity in both the party and the coalition SGs!

ooc: That's because you lack of activity in both the party and the coalition SGs!

No, thats because I'm not in the party SG's, or the Sub-Coalition SG's, and aren't included in any PM exchanges. It's because I'm not actually in the coalition! :crazyeye: I'm an Independant! I'm just a voter who they agreed to give a cabinet post, and is as far as our relationship really goes. The only reason they haven't kicked me out of the SG is because it makes communicating amongst the opposition easier if they keep me there. :p

DT
Alone and Unloved :sad:

alone and unloved, ha! all you need to do is renounce independence and bind yourself to a party and you are instantly restored to the loop. Although of course the price is perpetual servitude to the party and involvement in nasty party (and coalition) internal conflicts, and you may possibly not want to dive into that just yet :p

Although of course the price is perpetual servitude to the party and involvement in nasty party (and coalition) internal conflicts, and you may possibly not want to dive into that just yet :p

Hey, I went Indie to get away from the pressure of trying to hold a coalition together. :p Except now it seems like I'm doing that anyway, just without access to all the relevant information. :(

DT
Lost Soul :twitch:

Ah yes, trying to get a coalition to do something, stay together and move forward. Its a most joyous thing I tell you :twitch:

Ah yes, trying to get a coalition to do something, stay together and move forward. Its a most joyous thing I tell you :twitch:
:rolleyes: Your helping the staying together reaaaal hard here.

Its the three things I mentioned together Im trying to do. Obviously balancing them all at once is a difficult task.

Well, after reading The Answer to The Life, the Universe and Everything Else worth of pages, I'd like to ask a few questions:
Can I join this late?
What can a player do, besides being a politician? (i.e.: An investigator who can use his skills to find out about crimes, or a spy for other players)
How much skilled at CiV itself would you recommend me to be before playing RP?
Spoiler :
Oh god, it's 4:15 AM, what am I doing awake?

This is about politics! Nobody really cares about your CiV skills! But you MUST be a politician...

You can join now or later, it is never too late, but of course the sooner the better, you'll have it easier.

Can I join this late?

Yes. Actually, you're not very late. You've just missed the first election. The rest of the 40 or so pages are just us bickering. ;)

What can a player do, besides being a politician? (i.e.: An investigator who can use his skills to find out about crimes, or a spy for other players)

Possibly...however, these jobs would proabably just be side things to serve your political agender. And they would cost tons in Political Capatal.

How much skilled at CiV itself would you recommend me to be before playing RP?

No skill required. As long as you've got one player in your coalition who is half-skilled, you can just say to them "Tell me the best way to kill stuff!" and you're all set.

Oh god, it's 4:15 AM, what am I doing awake?

CFC does that to you. :p

Also, join the Insanely Mad Warmongers Party.

BTW, this post is entirely OCC.

OOC: LH allowed me a post even though I was banned :p
From the 25th I won't be very active until the 8th, because I'm going to the US :p And now don't give me any accusations of running from the elections =.=

OK. the plan is basically done. However due to internal matters within the coalition I have decided, despite my firm desire to post officially a completed plan right now, to wait until early tomorrow my time to post the plan that we have (or if there are any strong objections within the coalition, an alteration thereof) to ensure that no one has reason to object. This should also give the opposition a bit more time to reply to my letter in a manner that is more substantial than the botch-job I got from DT.

However since the plan is nearing completion, I will post what we have currently on here so that the insignificant third parties and independents can have their chance to voice any concerns they have :p.

-

Thus I showcase the following for public scrutiny

-

Social Policy: Liberty > Collective rule
Tech: Finish Archery > Writing > BW > IW
Builds in Kyoto: Finish Stoneworks > archer > archer > library (purchase if we have the money)
current warriors: continue to scout.

-

I note that in my perfect world philosophy would be tacked on the end of the tech path, but considering there are other possibilities that can be decided later. As to the fact it is militaristic, well yes it is: but thats a necessity when we lack even a single military tech atm and have no units currently defending our cities.

ooc: Right now i agree with your plan but i dissagree with your laws.

ooc: well the laws likely won't be implemented till much later in the term, and they are subject to alteration and change before then considering they are merely proposed, not promulgated.

Party for Advancement of Culture and Knowledge
The PACK's main focus is the education of the Japanese people, with focus on empowering our technology and culture.
Japan shall rule supreme through the power of the mind.
The world will gaze upon us and believe our power is beyond the natural laws, but it's actually beyond their understanding of the world.

Focus on Technological Victory or Cultural Victory
Social Policies: Rationalism branches (Technology!), Freedom Branches (Culture!)
Foreign Relations: For empowering Technology and Culture, sure. Money counts as this.
Territorial Policy: Expand for nearby resources and Natural Wonders.
Military Policy: Non-offensive, but keep a defensive force to counter-attack and invade anyone who dares attack Japan.

That said, I'd like to ask if the CAJ would accept the PACK in their ranks

The CAJ has to debate this issue, but it is willing to accept new members.

The PACK will soon receive our answer accepting or rejecting its membership.

EDIT: OOC: Let you know that, as the banned Magnive remembered me, you're both using the same party colour! (I don't think that's relevant. Magnive, on the other hand, does)

It will be up to the party leaders on the advice of the members as to whether the PACK will be accepted into the CAJ coalition. I express my support for the idea, and hope that the party heads will proceed with the process of inclusion in an orderly manner

EDIT: OOC: Let you know that, as the banned Magnive remembered me, you're both using the same party colour! (I don't think that's relevant. Magnive, on the other hand, does)

OOC: No problem, changed it.

Top Bottom