Shifting colors in unit palette...

Redking

Prince
I'd like to change the shirts in Kinboat's two Chinese units (Chin Spearman and Chin Swordsman) so that the shirts become the civ-specific colored item.

Anyone know how this might be done? Kal-El?

I see that the colors in the palette for the shirt are slightly different than the default blue. If there is a simple trick, such as shifting the positions of the colors on the palette, it's eluding me.

When I alter the shirt colors to match the default blue, the sash still remains the only civ-specific area.

It seems I do not understand the nature of palette position as it relates to the storyboard.

The more exact question that I'm having trouble answering, it seems, is: how do you reassign a particular pixel's correspondence to a position on the palette/color table?

Does that make sense?

IOW, how to make a particular pixel correspond with one of the civ-specific positions in the palette?

I've downloaded Pedit and will see if that helps.

Thanks guys.

What program are you using?
If I understand your question, you just want to switch index assignments. In that case, I'm an idiot and can't help you :(
I have yet to understand how to manipulate the .pal files for flicster exports :o I could help if this was a .pcx though :)
but then, so could everyone else. :(

:( Ok, I might can help you if you have Paint Shop, but it's hard to do. :) Well....not really hard, just tedious.

I have a downloaded copy of PSP.

Mind you, tedious was exactly what I was trying to avoid. Pixel selection and fill isn't gonna be worth the effort, I feel.

But please let me know what yer info is, Bhiita. Thanks.

Top Bottom