Map of Earth

Weilyn

Chieftain
Hi, there!

I'm working on a map of Earth for Rise from Erebus (I'll probably just make a conversion of the regular old 18 civs Earth map from Vanilla Civ 4, with Fall from Heaven stuff sprinkled throughout) and I need some help. Namely, where to put the starting positions of the civs and the unique features. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my plan so far:

For the civs:

Amurites: Southern Iran
Archos: Australia
Austrin: Great Britain
Balseraphs: France
Bannor: Spain
Calabim: Romania
Chislev: California
Clan of Embers: Northern Congo
Cualli: Mexico (Tenochtitlan)
Doviello: Northern Siberia
Dural: Central India
Elohim: Greece
Grigori: Eastern North America (Washington DC)
Hippus: Central Russia (Around Lake Baikal, north of the Mongol border)
Illians: Western Greenland
Khazad: Himalaya
Kuriotates: Cambodia
Lanun: The Caribbean
Ljosalfar: Eastern Brazil
Luchiurp: Israel
Malakim: Tunisia
Mazatl: Colombia
Mechanos: Sweden
Mekara Order: Western Russia (Moscow)
Scions of Patria: Rome
Sheaim: South Africa
Sidar: Japan
Svartalfar: Peru

Here's a sketch:

Regarding the unique features (which I want to be in the places of actual irl landmarks, or close to their corresponding civs):

Aifon Isle: Easter Island
Bair of Lacuna: ???
Bradeline's Well: ???
Broken Sepulcher: ???
Cliffs of Kelle: ???
Dragon Bones: ???
Foxford: Central Germany
Guardian of Pristin Pass: ???
Letum Frigus: ???
Maelstrom: ???
Mirror of Heaven: ???
Mount Kalshekk: Kilimanjaro
Odio's Prison: ???!!!
Pool of Tears: ???
Pyre of the Seraphic: Giza
Remnants of Patria: Italy
Ring of Carcer: Antarctica
Rinwell Isle: ???
Seven Pines: ???
Sirona's Beacon: ???
Standing Stones: England (Stonehenge)
Tomb of Sucellus: ???
Tower of Eyes: ???
Yggdrasil: ???

I would really appreciate help with the placing of the civs and the unique features, as well as any other tips for this sort of map that you good people might have. I will of course share the map once it's finished. :)

Thank you, and have a great evening!

theres already an earth map script in rife so you could use that to start off with

as for civ placement,
i think the mechanos might fit better in great britain because of their heavy industrialization
the austrin should be in france,
the elohim should be in canada, pacifism and all that while also making europe less crowded
the balseraphs could replace the elohim in greece
then move the doviello to scandinavia
perhaps move the chislev and mekara order starting position slightly to the east
if you really want someone in north siberia, you could add the hamstalfar there, i dont see them anywhere on the map or you could put the hamstalfar where the grigori are and move the grigori to north siberia

i dont know if you either forgot about them or if the supposed ai trouble with them made you not include them, but the dtesh aren't on the map and could be placed on either china or a desert region in africa between the clan of embers and the malakim

as for features
the seven pines should be in geneva/switzerland
maelstrom should be around the bermuda triangle
tower of eyes at the statue of liberty
yggdrasil could be in norway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tjikko
sironas beacon could be at the hagia sophia
mirror of heaven in africa around the equator/the middle of the map
odio's prison in greece where the colossus is

Hi,
Good project :)

A few quick ideas:

theres already an earth map script in rife so you could use that to start off with
I think Weilyn wants to create a specific map, while PrivateMaps\Earth3_162_mst.py and UnsupportedMaps\Earth2.py are map generators, that create each time a different map looking like Earth.

CIVs
D'tesh: in a desert --> probably Sahara, with Malakim
Code:
If Dural module,
    then 
If Hamstalfar module,
     then errrrr, an area of plains, I think. Depends on the geography of your map. South of South America is empty on your image, so perhaps there
If Jotnar module
    then Alaska

UFs
Bair of Lacuna: if you stick with RP (& IIRC), Os-Gabella (Sheaim) adopted Alexis & Flauros (Calabim) and their childhood was spent in the Bair of lacuna. So proximity would make sense.
Bradeline's Well: Bradeline was a mage (summoner), killed by a demon. No more info
Broken Sepulcher: I found it mentioned with gela events: "The Gela contains much demonic power. Perhaps we can harness it using the necromantic texts found in the Broken Sepulcher." No idea if this helps
Cliffs of Kelle: "Once the site of a centre for the worship of Tali, ..." --> Deirdra (Austrin)

I'm gonna search the rest of them

Dragon Bones: ???
Guardian of Pristin Pass: ???
Letum Frigus: ???
Maelstrom: ???
Mirror of Heaven: ???
Odio's Prison: ???!!!
Pool of Tears: ???
Pyre of the Seraphic: Giza
Remnants of Patria: Italy
Ring of Carcer: Antarctica
Seven Pines: ???
Sirona's Beacon: ???
Standing Stones: England (Stonehenge)
Tomb of Sucellus: ???
Tower of Eyes: ???
Yggdrasil: ???

Good luck
PS: Once you've created and published your first version of the map, I'll test it with my preferred civs (mainly D'tesh, Mazatl, Khazad, Calabim) and report to you.
PS2: To clarify your map, you could use the 3 first letters (2 MA civs, 2 ME civs)
PS3: since I'm a details maniac :crazyeye:, typo in Luchiurp, and your map uses .jpg extension while its format is png

as for civ placement,
i think the mechanos might fit better in great britain because of their heavy industrialization
the austrin should be in france,
the elohim should be in canada, pacifism and all that while also making europe less crowded
the balseraphs could replace the elohim in greece
then move the doviello to scandinavia
perhaps move the chislev and mekara order starting position slightly to the east
if you really want someone in north siberia, you could add the hamstalfar there, i dont see them anywhere on the map or you could put the hamstalfar where the grigori are and move the grigori to north siberia

i dont know if you either forgot about them or if the supposed ai trouble with them made you not include them, but the dtesh aren't on the map and could be placed on either china or a desert region in africa between the clan of embers and the malakim

Thank you for your suggestions! I'll take them under consideration.
I didn't include the Hamstalfar because, to be honest, I think their whole concept is a tad silly. I completely forgot about the Legion *facepalm*

as for features
the seven pines should be in geneva/switzerland
maelstrom should be around the bermuda triangle
tower of eyes at the statue of liberty
yggdrasil could be in norway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tjikko
sironas beacon could be at the hagia sophia
mirror of heaven in africa around the equator/the middle of the map
odio's prison in greece where the colossus is

Great ideas! Can't believe I didn't think of placing the Maelstrom in the Bermuda Triangle :D
Thanks!

Hi,
Good project :)

Thank you!

I think Weilyn wants to create a specific map, while PrivateMaps\Earth3_162_mst.py and UnsupportedMaps\Earth2.py are map generators, that create each time a different map looking like Earth.

That's correct. I was thinking ofworking off a map created by on of those scripts, but making one from scratch would probably be easier (and more fun).

CIVs
D'tesh: in a desert --> probably Sahara, with Malakim
Code:
If Dural module,
    then 
If Hamstalfar module,
     then errrrr, an area of plains, I think. Depends on the geography of your map. South of South America is empty on your image, so perhaps there
If Jotnar module
    then Alaska

Yeah, either Sahara or Gobi. Perhaps even Atacama, if South America looks a bit sparsely populated.
I've never gotten the Jotnar module to work, I'm afraid. I crash to desktop when I try to start a game with them. I'll look in to it again, and if I manage to make it work I'll probably place them in Scandinavia. They've got this Norse thing going on.

UFs
Bair of Lacuna: if you stick with RP (& IIRC), Os-Gabella (Sheaim) adopted Alexis & Flauros (Calabim) and their childhood was spent in the Bair of lacuna. So proximity would make sense.
Bradeline's Well: Bradeline was a mage (summoner), killed by a demon. No more info
Broken Sepulcher: I found it mentioned with gela events: "The Gela contains much demonic power. Perhaps we can harness it using the necromantic texts found in the Broken Sepulcher." No idea if this helps
Cliffs of Kelle: "Once the site of a centre for the worship of Tali, ..." --> Deirdra (Austrin)

Thanks for the info!

PS: Once you've created and published your first version of the map, I'll test it with my preferred civs (mainly D'tesh, Mazatl, Khazad, Calabim) and report to you.

Cool! Thanks a lot!

PS2: To clarify your map, you could use the 3 first letters (2 MA civs, 2 ME civs)

I'll make the next map a bit more clear.

PS3: since I'm a details maniac :crazyeye:, typo in Luchiurp, and your map uses .jpg extension while its format is png

I'm afraid I don't see the typo. No idea what happened to the file extension :confused:
Maybe tinypic did it...

I didn't include the Hamstalfar because, to be honest, I think their whole concept is a tad silly.
They were meant as a joke from the beginning. That's why they are an optional module, not a standard civ, allowing people who don't like them (me included) to deactivate it.

Your map script could check for their existence, and add them if they're present. That way, hamster fans won't feel deprived.
The same code would be useful with other civ modules (Dural, Jotnar)

I've never gotten the Jotnar module to work, I'm afraid. I crash to desktop when I try to start a game with them. I'll look in to it again, and if I manage to make it work I'll probably place them in Scandinavia. They've got this Norse thing going on.
Jotnar are still bugged. I'm trying to repair them (bugs 87 to 91 for now)

I'm afraid I don't see the typo.
it's luchUIrp, not luchIUrp. :p

No idea what happened to the file extension :confused:
Maybe tinypic did it...
That's not really important.

They were meant as a joke from the beginning. That's why they are an optional module, not a standard civ, allowing people who don't like them (me included) to deactivate it.

Your map script could check for their existence, and add them if they're present. That way, hamster fans won't feel deprived.

I suppose that could work.

Jotnar are still bugged. I'm trying to repair them (bugs 87 to 91 for now)

Great news! :)

it's luchUIrp, not luchIUrp. :p

Ah, noted.

That's not really important.

Yeah, but still. Weird.

I considered your ideas and made a new map sketch.

Amurites: Southern Iran
Archos: Australia
Austrin: Central Russia, near the Kazakh border.
Balseraphs: France
Bannor: Spain
Calabim: Romania
Chislev: California
Clan of Embers: Northern Congo
Cualli: Mexico (Tenochtitlan)
Doviello: Sweden
Dural: Central India
Elohim: Greece
Grigori: Eastern North America (Washington DC)
Hippus: Mongolia
Illians: Western Greenland
Khazad: Himalaya
Kuriotates: Cambodia
Lanun: The Caribbean
Ljosalfar: Eastern Brazil
Luchuirp: Israel
Malakim: Libya
Mazatl: Colombia
Mechanos: Great Britain
Mekara Order: Western Russia
Scions of Patria: Rome
Sheaim: South Africa
Sidar: Japan
Svartalfar: Peru

Edit: By the way, has anyone tried mapping out Erebus herself, or are there any official maps of the entire place? That might be a fun project, too.

No official maps as far as I know, unfortunately. It would have made things easier on all of us, I think. ;)

As for civ placement, some thoughts:

Austrin, Grigori - I would probably move both grigori and austrin close together, and probably move them into northern europe - they have themes that fit well with the peoples of those regions. Maybe germany and england, respectively? Leaves a big area open in russia/ukraine that could be filled with Illians or Doviello, for instance. (Might be better for Illians than Greenland, especially if you want Jotnar to have a place on the map.)

Dural, Kuriotates - Might be shoggi's ideas for Rife2.0 talking, but I'd set the Dural down in Greece, rather than India, and move the Kuriotates into India instead. The placement of Elohim is a bit more difficult then, though (maybe move Luchuirp and khazad closer and give the Luchuirp spot to Elohim?).

Scions, Bannor - I'd move the scions out of europe entirely, maybe move them into china or japan (filling the kuriotates spot, perhaps?). Their lore seems to indicate that they have a fair chunk of land to themselves, which would fit better in asia imo. Bannor would be a good Rome replacement.

Lanun - These, I would also put in europe, mostly for thematic reasons. But, same as with the others, if it puts too many in too small an area, maybe not.

Maybe switch mekara and calabim, but again not sure about that (although now that I think about it, if I remember the scenarios right, Calabim and Malakim are supposed to be right next to each other).

Although, keep in mind that most of the civs in the game are following stereotypical european medieval archetypes, or are drawn from various european mythologies - most of them would fit better in europe than not (the alfar civs, for instance, lean heavily on northern european mythology, but they're a bit of a wierd case and you'd still need civs in the americas, so they can still fit there).

For the UFs - only one I can contribute to is really the Cliffs of Kelle (since Opera and myself created it). I have no real idea of where it would be placed, but this might be an interesting angle on it (which would probably put it somewhere west of lake victoria. western great rift valley, maybe?).

No official maps as far as I know, unfortunately. It would have made things easier on all of us, I think. ;)

Oh, that's a shame.

Austrin, Grigori - I would probably move both grigori and austrin close together, and probably move them into northern europe - they have themes that fit well with the peoples of those regions. Maybe germany and england, respectively? Leaves a big area open in russia/ukraine that could be filled with Illians or Doviello, for instance. (Might be better for Illians than Greenland, especially if you want Jotnar to have a place on the map.)

I actually always saw a lot of American themes in the Grigori: a whole bunch of people of different nationalities gathering under the ideals of freedom and independence and a chosen leader. (Of course Cassiel wasn't elected, but all Grigori choose to be led by him.)
That and, as you say, somebody need to be in North America.
Austrin were originally placed in Britain, but I figured it didn't make much sense for a culture based on expansion and exploration to be confined on an island.

Dural, Kuriotates - Might be shoggi's ideas for Rife2.0 talking, but I'd set the Dural down in Greece, rather than India, and move the Kuriotates into India instead. The placement of Elohim is a bit more difficult then, though (maybe move Luchuirp and khazad closer and give the Luchuirp spot to Elohim?).

That does make a lot of sense. Maybe Elohim could then be placed in the open spot in South East Asia.

Scions, Bannor - I'd move the scions out of europe entirely, maybe move them into china or japan (filling the kuriotates spot, perhaps?). Their lore seems to indicate that they have a fair chunk of land to themselves, which would fit better in asia imo. Bannor would be a good Rome replacement.

Good thinking, again. With Bannor in Italy Spain would be free for Elohim, which I would prefer to keep in Europe, so as not to make the place far too evil.

Lanun - These, I would also put in europe, mostly for thematic reasons. But, same as with the others, if it puts too many in too small an area, maybe not.

Really? I always thought they had this Monkey Island/Pirates of the Caribbean thing going on.

Maybe switch mekara and calabim, but again not sure about that (although now that I think about it, if I remember the scenarios right, Calabim and Malakim are supposed to be right next to each other).

Hmmm... I can't remember, to be honest.

Although, keep in mind that most of the civs in the game are following stereotypical european medieval archetypes, or are drawn from various european mythologies - most of them would fit better in europe than not (the alfar civs, for instance, lean heavily on northern european mythology, but they're a bit of a wierd case and you'd still need civs in the americas, so they can still fit there).

Indeed. The names of the elven factions more or less translate to "black elves" and "light elves" in modern Swedish. Still, I think the South American geography lends itself well to them, and I like the idea of keeping the elves a bit isolated from the human civs.

For the UFs - only one I can contribute to is really the Cliffs of Kelle (since Opera and myself created it). I have no real idea of where it would be placed, but this might be an interesting angle on it (which would probably put it somewhere west of lake victoria. western great rift valley, maybe?).

Great work on the Cliffs! And thanks for the link. The article was very interesting.

Thanks for the input, everyone! I really appreciate it!

Indeed. The names of the elven factions more or less translate to "black elves" and "light elves" in modern Swedish.

Being Swedish myself, I am well aware, yes. ;)

Maelstrom could be the Bermuda Triangle
Yggdrasil in Scandinavia...givne the mythos, though it also might be found in the promised land...America? Some of the oldest trees are found in California.
Pool of Tears - Wounded Knee
Mirror of Heaven - Mandate of Heaven? Zangzhou?
Letum Frigus - North Pole
Tomb of Mausellus -Mausolos....Turkey.

Oh well, I'm sure you have your own ideas, but consider these suggestions anyway.

Thank you for your suggestions, Eris!

Unfortunately my laptop pooped itself a week back, and I don't have high hopes of getting my savefile of this project back. I might try again, but it will probabably take a while :sad:

big work.

I had some few ideas, differents from your's but the more I wrote about them the more I felt I lack a deeper understanding of the FFH lore and RifE lore (in terme of who knows who and who meets who)...

and as you said you won't be able to update soon...

/best regards

I filled in some of the gaps with some ideas. I tried to base these locations on history.

Aifon Isle: In the Aegean Sea. An island lost, like Atlantis.
Bair of Lacuna: ???
Bradeline's Well: Greece, The entrance to the Underworld, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheron
Broken Sepulcher: Machu Picchu, Peru.
Cliffs of Kelle: ???
Dragon Bones: China
Guardian of Pristin Pass: Eastern France due to the history of gargoyles and the location of their mountains.
Letum Frigus: Ellef Ringnes Island, The closest land to the current North magnetic Pole. A very cold location. Just the place the Illians would go.
Maelstrom: The Bermuda Triangle. It looks like we all thought of this one.
Mirror of Heaven: The Sahara Desert
Odio's Prison: Volgograd, Russia. "The Motherland Calls" is the largest non-religious statue in the world and similar in that it also has it's right arm raised.
Pool of Tears: should go in Florida, US. Aka the Fountain of Youth. Where Ponce de Leon searched for it. In St. Augustine, FL there is a tourist attraction related to it that's been around for decades. Could also be near the Ganges River as it is sought by many for healing.
Pyre of the Seraphic: GizaGanges River
Remnants of Patria: These are the Easter Island statues, (aka Moai Statues from Civ4) so it makes sence they would go on Easter Island.
Ring of Carcer: Antarctica, agreed.
Seven Pines: Geneva, Switzerland.
Sirona's Beacon: Vatican City.
Standing Stones: England (Stonehenge), agreed.
Tomb of Sucellus: Mexico
Tower of Eyes: Alexandria, Egypt
Yggdrasil: Scandinavia

I would move 2-3
aifons isle should be in atlantica like atlantis... (either south of ivory coast or west of the mediterranean entrance)

gardian of pristine pass would be unbearable in france : too many civs packed in europe and europe is not big: the guardians would be awoken a turn 5 every game.

letum frigus is too close to illians ; it should be somehow equidistant from illians and amurites so each gets a chance of getting it.

mirror of heaven should be farther from malakim : maybe in gobi's desert or that desert in Asia (which is said to be worse than sahara). sahara is the bigger desert but not the hottest IIRC.

mirror of heaven can see a range of 6, but is blocked by trees and peaks. I've had games where there is little gained, because of the nearby tiles. Wherever you put it, please make it useful.

You bring up a good point Calavente, if the Illians and Amurites are supposed to be arch-enemies, then they can't be so far away from each other, or they won't meet. Perhaps, the Illians could move to Northern Siberia where DO is now and DO could move to Kazakhstan between the two. That would also fill in that gap in the middle of Asia. Letum Frigus could then go somewhere between AM and IL.

Otherwise, Letum Frigus could go on one of those islands north of Russia, like Bolshevik Island, though wouldn't that require Astronomy for the Illians to reach it from Greenland?

ahah.. the use of the mirror of heaven for malakim is not only the sight or the mana node.. (they don't need an easy second sun node) but also IIRC there is an event for them when they arrive at the mirror of heaven (or only if they arrive first???)(and maybe not in all mods)

my 2 cents. 29 civs. 7 continents (3 in Australia/Pacifica, 4 in South America, 6 North America, 5 in Africa, 4 In Europe, 8 In Asia for balance) 24 Wonders 7 Continents (2 in Australia/Pacifica, 3 in South America, 5 in North America, 4 in Africa, 3 in Europe, 7 in Asia)

This gives more balance and tries to keep some of the legends together ;)

North America
Civs
1. Cualli- Mexico (Mexico City)
2. Khazad- Eastern US (Pittsburg)
3. Luchuirp- Western US (San Francisco)
4. Lanun- Carribean (Nassau)
5. Mechanos- Alaska (Anchorage)
6. Chislev- Canada (James Bay)

Wonders
1. Guardian of Pristine Pass- (Rocky Mountains:New Mexico area)
2. Maelstrom-(Near Bermuda-atlantic)
3. Pool of Tears- (Northern Florida in Everglades)
4. Ring of Carcer- (Greenland)
5. Odio's Prison- (South Central Canada near Regina)

South America
Civs
1. Mazatl- Venezuela (Caracas)
2. Sheaim- Argentina (Punta Arenas)
3. Calabim- Brazil (Belem)
4. Sidar- Peru (Lima)

Wonders
1. Bair of Lacuna (Uruguay)
2. Cliffs of Kelle (Chile)
3. Rinwell Island (Easter Island)

Europe
1. Dural- England (Liverpool)
2. Austrin- Portugal (Lisbon)
3. Scions of Patria- Germany (Berlin)
4. Balseraph- Bulgaria (Sofia)

Wonders
1. Aifon Isle (Bay of Biscay/France)
2. Standing Stones (Ireland)
3. Remnants of Patria (Near where Warsaw is)

Africa
Civs
1. Malakim- Egypt (Cairo)
2.Legion of D'tesh- Morocco (Rabat)
3. Ljosalfar- Kenya (Nairobi)
4. Svartalfar- Ghana (Accra)
5. Clan of Embers- South Africa (Capetown)

Wonders
1. Bradeline's Well (Somalia)
2. Yggdrasil (Madagascar)
3. Mount Kalshekk (Tanzania- Mount Kilamanjaro)
4. Mirror of Heaven (Border of Niger/Libya/Algeria)

Asia
Civs
1. Amurites- Russia (Moscow)
2. Illians- North Eastern Russia (by Udskaya Gulf)
3. Hippus- Central Russia/Mongolia (Southern Lake Baikal)
4. Bannor- Japan (Nagasaki)
5. Doviello- Northern Russia (Lake Taymyr/Kara Sea)
6. Kuriotates- India (Hyderabad)
7. Mekaran Order- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi)
8. Elohim- Russia (Murmansk)

Wonders
1. Dragon Bones (Eastern China)
2. Foxford (on Caspian Sea North side)
3. Letum Frigus (Tibet)
4. Pyre of Seraphic (Iran)
5. Seven Pines (North Central Russia near Yakutsk)
6. Tomb of Sucellus (North Western Russia between Lakes Ladoga & Onega)
7. Tower of Eyes (Turkey)

Australia/Pacifica
Civs
1. Archos- Indonesia
2. Grigori- South-Eastern Austrailia (Canberra)
3.Hamstalfar- North Western Australia (Darwin)

Wonders
1. Broken Sepulcher (Papua New Guinea)
2. Sirona's beacon (South Western Australia near Perth)

Is this thread still opened?
I suggest (by similitudes with real world):
Austrin>Mid-east of USA, they sound as colonists. Or Spain, who were great explorers.
Balseraphs>Italy, or Brasil, or Guinea gulf in Africa, anywhere with great carnivals.
Bannor>Normandy. Most crusader leaders, and many of the soldiers, were from norman origin.
Chislev>Mmm, any civ who was pursued and later is emerging... Sounds as juifs, amerindians or dravids. Or, if they´re lore related to Embers, near of them. I don´t know where to put them.
Doviello>Scandinavia.
Elohim>Israel.
Khazad>Switzerland. They live in mountains and only think in $ ;)
Kuriotates>China. Biggest cities, centralized empire, an important dragon... Sounds china. China is biggest country in world, somebody should represent it. In this game aren´t the Dao?
Malakim>Arabia. Berbers often argue that the arabs converted their farmed lands in pastures, seems similar to the desertization process of the malakim.
Mecanos> Great Britain, as Schizoid said.
Luchuirp>Japan. They love robots.
Scions>Egypt. All says they´re an undead roman empire. But, corpses from an ancient and rich empire who return to life, that sounds to mummys.

I agree with the placement in the map of amurites, calabim, cualli, dural, embers (Mmm, interesting, u placed there for the azande, or for the nowadays wars of congo?), grigori, dural, hippus, ilians, lanun, and mazatl.
U placed the mekara in Russia as saying that communism wash their brains? :lol: Sounds fun, but, the enslaver theme fits with Mali or the Guinea gulf.
The others, I don´t know were to put them. The dao, kahdi, palatin and jotnar are no more in the mod?
As more than half of word population lives in the triangle Japan-India-Java, perhaps this place should be more crowded.

Respect world wonders:
Mount Kalshekk: If its a volcano? If it is, and its lore related to the lizardmen, could be the Popocatepetl of Mexico, or some volcano in Andes.
I like the Pyre in Irán. Or perhaps as the zigurat or Ur, or the tower of babel. It seems that it must be near Irán.
Yggdrassil: Are many options, apart of the said Scandinavia and California. The dogon of Mali has in their legends a big world tree, seems to be a widespread religious cliche. In Saxony the had a sacred tree, in Wales there was too a sacred forest.

Top Bottom