Hearts of Iron

jollyolly

Chieftain
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know about a great game I recently discovered called 'Hearts of Iron'.

It is a grand strategty WW2 game, based on the 'Europa Univeralis' game engine. You can choose any nation from 1936, 39 or 41 and the aim is to take as many provinces as possible for your alliance, either axis, the allies or the commies.

To do this you must use diplomacy (staging coups, influencing other nations to join your alliance etc) and/or war!

You can recreate Hitlers blitzkreig advance through the Ardennes or choose interesting alternate paths of history, such as not openeing up a war on two fronts as the Germans. (Hitler; what an idiot.)

The game also has events 'hard wired' in, such as the re-occupation of the rhineland and the spanish civil war, but your responses to these events can change the course of the game away from what happened in reality.

Research and internal politics also play a role in this massive game.

As you can tell, I'm very excited by this game, and have been playing it a LOT over these past two weeks.

I recommend this game to anyone with an interest in WW2 and who loves empire building games (like civ).

Ok, this sounded like an advert post, but I'll let it go un-reported because, I actually want this game myself, but in every store I have gone it isnt for sale anymore:sad:

Just like settlers IV

This is a very good game. I highly recommend it.

@Smaasnekje-Just order it online.

Heh, this past week I've seen and read of this game, and desperately want it. Have seen in in stores and have been playing Europa Universalis II to wet my appetite. Stupid Christmas shopping gets in the way though.

So here's to next Saturday, when I purchase the game (and since it's in a 2 for £30 deal, possibly Grim Fandango too :p ) and show the Germans what Switzerland is made of. Or something.

I have it and played it. I never really got into it. I dont' really like really in-depth games like that. I also didn't adapt to the map, movement, and battle systems.

What can I say, I'm a Civ3 addict. :yeah:

Originally posted by Smaasnekje
Ok, this sounded like an advert post, but I'll let it go un-reported because (...)
This whole forum is an advertisement. :p The only thing that is not allowed is to advertise something you make money on yourself.

Top Bottom