Emperor and Up

CrappyLemur

Chieftain
Hello all, this is my first post so I hope im doing it right.

I've been playing civ for quite some time now and this is my first big move up.

I started a game on emperor and i read that the AI starts with advantages but 5 fish in a row? I haven't seen schools of fish of this magnitude before.

Attachments

• 2013-08-13_00002.jpg
    2013-08-13_00002.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 316
Considering the land is basically uninhabitable, I don't really see the issue...

Considering the land is basically uninhabitable, I don't really see the issue...

I agree. OP are you playing with abundant resources or legendary start? That can obviously influence the map spawning. The thing about legendary start on higher levels is the AI with it's bonuses get to use them fast, which can make for an interesting game.

How is it uninhabitable? It would be a decent production city, 2 hills, iron stone and marble, that's +1 production for each with the right buildings, then +1 production for each fish with seaport, and more than enough food I think to work it all. And +2 happiness from the quarries, or 4 if he doesn't have marble yet. Optionally, fill up those empty tundra tiles with manufactures until you hit your cap on the fish food. Even if you just used it to pump out boats all game, still totally worth it.

This is way far away from any cities of mine. I wish i could utilize those fish but i cannot. But the Inca AI can.

I've also never played with abundant resources or legendary start.

I'd never seen so many in a row like that i thought id post it. More of interesting terrain than anything else.

I've never seen 5 in a row like that on a coast, no.

I had one city recently on a small island mid-ocean with 6 fish tiles and a reef thingy. The land had one lux I did not have, grassland and a hill. A few dozen turns later with the help of some internal trading and a bit of tile-buying, it was a huge science city!

Top Bottom