Civilization Revolution, Is it worth it?

Is Civilization Revolution Worth It? (Please Explain!)

• Yes

Votes: 69 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters
Is it worth it? After playing the PSN-demo to the end my verdict would be: Yes, it´s so worth it! Haven´t had this fun since Civ1 which I played as a maniac in the nineties.

Not a very big fan of 2-4 but this was really fun.

I´ve ordered this and I am looking forward to falling deep into the world of world domination :)

I think it is a great move by firaxis. The way civ revolution works is going to get a lot more people into the series and open it up to a more casual crowd. Thus making them more money and better incentives to make civ 5.

Yes! Definitely! Would be great to have a long break from PC!

Absolutely. Hopefully it will do well financially. I think it is very accessible, provides the right balance of indepth mechanics and light gameplay, and on a purely visual level it's very appealing. Strategy games on the home consoles tend not to be blockbusters, but on the whole they find dedicated audiences and remain highly regarded and in modest demand.

For me it will be the go-to strategy game when I want to play from beginning to end in an evening. On top of that I might be able to rope some of my console owning, PC-shy friends into getting it for some online fun.

I had ordered the DS version, but I'll probably pick up the 360 version also (the demo's succeeded in hooking one of my kids who never wanted to try a PC version of Civ).

my brother, who hasn't been interested in civ in 10 years(since Civ2) played the demo and has decided to buy it for the 360 when it comes out :)

Of course it is! I'm brand new to the Civ. series and and just the demo got me into it...I cant even imagine how much I will like the full game! :D

60 bucks for watered down civ? Nah. Seems okay though based on the demo.

It is not a civilization 5 or 4 1/2 or else, as there so good as no micromanagement, much less options (i.e. for starting a new game), but taking it as a different game, it is fun to play.

I doubt that very much...CivRev is a completely new line of Civ, and I doubt many(if any) of its features make it into Civ5 because most of its (new)features are done in the interests of simplification of micromanagement...the rest of its features were already present in Civ, and have just been brought together into a single game now.
Really? Some of the features of CIV Rev look pretty interesting:
More definitive Leader traits
More definitive Civilization traits/differences.
Better scaling of unit's, AND ATK/DEF values.
A kind of ZOC (Zone of Control) since only 1 CIV can occupy a tile.
Joining units to form Armies + Shared Promotions.
Less Road/Railroad spam.

I don't own a console, I wont be purchasing this.
But I do hope to see some/if not all of these features in CIV 5.
Along with an option in CIV 5 when playing a Quick Game, that would enable a CIV-Rev type game.

Really? Some of the features of CIV Rev look pretty interesting:
More definitive Leader traits
More definitive Civilization traits/differences.
Better scaling of unit's, AND ATK/DEF values.
A kind of ZOC (Zone of Control) since only 1 CIV can occupy a tile.
Joining units to form Armies + Shared Promotions.
Less Road/Railroad spam.

I don't own a console, I wont be purchasing this.
But I do hope to see some/if not all of these features in CIV 5.
Along with an option in CIV 5 when playing a Quick Game, that would enable a CIV-Rev type game.

all of the above has been in various civ games except for the civilization traits/differences.

I realize a number of those things have been in previous CIV incarnations, but from what I can tell, the way they have been implemented in Revolutions differs from how it was done in the past.

i would have to say it's worth it. it is definately a different kind of game and a different play style but that's not a bad thing. if all i was getting was civ4 for the PS3 why would i spend money on something i already have.

is it worthy of being included in the civ world, yes! IMHO

i would have to say it's worth it. it is definately a different kind of game and a different play style but that's not a bad thing. if all i was getting was civ4 for the PS3 why would i spend money on something i already have.

is it worthy of being included in the cov world, yes! IMHO

Very good point. Change doesn't have to be a bad and scary thing. I mean look at the history of America. Before, women couldn't vote.

i don't think it is worth it. it isn't enough like the other civ games... and the graphics look too me alot like civ4, which look like some wierd cartoon anyway. i think im going to stick to civ3.

I´m glad I don´t have to build roads nor irrigation one square at a time.. Lovely! Can´t wait to get my hands on this.

Top Bottom