Does Poland make most other culture civs obsolete

Actually, Poland will make all other civs obsolete (for any VCs). Their UA is way to powerful, that even Deity feels like Prince (with other civs).

I would say there is no better civ than Poland, except maybe if you play Spain with FoY/GBR start.

So if someone asked what Civ is the best civ for a DomV, not just one of the best but THE best, you would answer Poland? Not Mongolia? Not Arabia? Not Shaka?

And if someone asked you what Civ would be best for a SV you would answer Poland? Not Babylon? Not Korea?

Sorry mate, but Poland does not render every other civ in the game obsolete. Their UA is extremely powerful, as I mentioned above, but it doesn't render anyone obsolete for anything.

So if someone asked what Civ is the best civ for a DomV, not just one of the best but THE best, you would answer Poland? Not Mongolia? Not Arabia? Not Shaka?

And if someone asked you what Civ would be best for a SV you would answer Poland? Not Babylon? Not Korea?

Sorry mate, but Poland does not render every other civ in the game obsolete. Their UA is extremely powerful, as I mentioned above, but it doesn't render anyone obsolete for anything.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes
Poland is WAY better than Babylon or Korea for SV
And really i mean WAY better

The only way to win over deity AI in science is by using research agreement + scientific revolution + porcelain tower. Poland has way faster access to this combo. I don't even want to start with being always the first one to grab Order and +25% science.

And by the way have you tried Winged Hussar? they are so powerful that it is not even funny. Not to mention you will be more advanced than any other militaristic civs.

Don't get me wrong, i like playing other civs as well, but let's face it that Poland is the god tier civ.

The only way to win over deity AI in science is by using research agreement + scientific revolution + porcelain tower. Poland has way faster access to this combo. I don't even want to start with being always the first one to grab Order and +25% science.

And by the way have you tried Winged Hussar? they are so powerful that it is not even funny. Not to mentioned you will be more advanced than any other militaristic civs.

Don't get me wrong, i like playing other civs as well, but let's face it that Poland is the god tier civ.

No :lol:

No, they really aren't.. Poland will never be able to compete with those two civs when it comes to raw beaker output.

So if babylon can enter renaissance faster than Poland and start grabbing ratio SP's faster than them, that makes them unable to 'get the combo faster'? Unless you play with Policy Saving on, wich I doubt works on the Free SP's btw, you won't be much faster than they will. You will however be able to fill out an additional tree like commerce etc.

And by the way have you tried Winged Hussar? they are so powerful that it is not even funny. Not to mention you will be more advanced than any other militaristic civs.

Have you tried Keshiks or Camel Archers?

I agree that they are incredibly strong. Strong =/= Making others obsolete.

Then go figure it out yourself.
When you start with Poland (in every decent starting location), you will end up achieving SV faster than Babylon or Korea (in immortal/deity)

When i tried for SV in the beginning, i played a lot with Babylon/Korea, since i thought their UA seems to be the most suitable for SV, but obviously i was wrong.
+1 Social policy/era is not about culture, but rather about faster access to more gold, beakers, hammer, food, faith, and world wonders. This allows you to snowball throughout the game and achieve whatever you want, be it SV, DomV, CV, or DV.

The only civ that i found to be even godlier than Poland, would be Spain starting next to GBR or FoY, but this is extremely rare.

Again, no.

With a good enough start, all of them are around the same, Poland is definitely NOT WAY BETTER and you certainly can win a very good SV if you tech well and grow even better, which is something all of them are quite capable of doing. You don't need the boosted RAs, although they help and you can definitely win comfortably without them.

Poland's free SP have the advantages of not having to time your Renaissance with Ratio opener or Medieval with Commerce opener, but either way you should have Secularism before 130 on standard, which should be good enough for schools in the 150 area.

Babylon edges Poland however purely on being able to get more scientists in the same time period.

Korea gets more raw science due to their bonus + 4 free tech boosts.

There's still debates going on which civ is indeed the best and I'm obviously not qualified to debate that but I do know if Poland are indeed better, they are not THAT MUCH better

The only way to win over deity AI in science is by using research agreement + scientific revolution + porcelain tower.

How strange. I guess I imagined out teching the AI on Deity without any research agreements at all as a non-Poland civ.

How strange. I guess I imagined out teching the AI on Deity without any research agreements at all as a non-Poland civ.

And I guess you've also imagined said thing on more than one occasion, right? Same thing here. Must be imagining things often.

Top Bottom