Graphic Bug? Option Off?

Cyrus317

Chieftain
To get straight to the point here, Age of Ice seems to be loading without any of the peripheral onscreen graphics. Sorry for bad terminology, but see what I mean here:

This is what the regular Civ/FFH screen looks like:

And this is what the scenerio for Age of Ice looks during gameplay:

Notice that the graphics for the top, sides and bottom of the screen are entirely missing? I went through all the options and couldn't seem to find anything different between the regular game and during AoI. Honestly, it has be entirely stumped, and somewhat saddened. I had really wanted to try AoI.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I'm playing with a legitimate copy of Civ 4: BtS, with the latest patch installed. My graphics card is an NVIDIA 9800M GTS. Can anyone point me at a clue here?

I have no trouble with any other mod (that I've tried). No issues with FFH2, Afterworld, Rhye's, NextWar, etc.

Keep in mind that AoI doesn't really have anything special about its interface. It basically looks just like normal BtS.

welcome to the forums

sorry, it took me a minute to realize what the problem was. also, from my perspective, only methuselah seems to have answered your question with any relevance to what was asked...

I have the same problem. I can't change production in the city because nothing shows up. The really weird thing is that I have played at least twice successfully in the past. I assume one of the patches I applied caused the problem but at 3.17 that is what I currently see. I am running Vista and yes I am an administrator.

Tomorrow morning I'll be trying the Alt+I method. Not sure why the mod would open with that option, but if it works, I don't really care. As far as how I'm opening it... yes, it is with the dreaded Vista, but it should be via Administrator privileges. I'll post an update tomorrow, once I discover more.

Thanks in advance.

Even if your user account is an administrator account, you need to right click on a program and select "Run as Administrator". If you don't, the program will be running as if you are a limited user, which you are; even admin accounts don't have admin access on Vista.

When I read this scoffed :lol: since as I had said I have been able to play this twice in the past without specifically using the "Run as Administrator". But being in techsupport I always try everything no matter how unlikely it is to work....of course this is EXACTLY what I needed to do to get this particular scenario to work. :blush: All the other scenarios work fine without running Civ4BeyondSword.exe as an administrator but not this one.:confused:

Thankyou deanej! :goodjob:

Right-click on the BtS shortcut, then click on the "Run as administrator" option in the context menu that opens. You will need to be logged into an account with admin privileges, or you will need to know the name and password for such an account. (This is for Vista, and I assume also W7.)

I had this same problem.

Alt + I fixed it for me.

I have NO idea why the default for scenarios is to have the interface minimized... But it starts minimized for all scenarios.

Top Bottom