why nobody like me ?

Obelus

Chieftain
Guys can you explain me something

The Civilization A attack CIV B.

They capture all their cities(4) and left only Capital.

The Capital is stick to my border so I decide capture it to. I move my army to the border, declare war and capture it.

Because I made the final hit(they are destroyed) all other Civ`s on the continent condemn me.
And I am asking why? How the AI works? Because Iam not the bad guy who capture their 4 cities.
Is there a way to capture the capital in more smooth way? :king:

Because you`ve wiped out an entire Civilisation. You`ve erased a whole peoples and their way of life without any mercy to the weak, defeated peoples who had only ONE city left. It doesn`t matter that they were on your border, you committed genocide.

That`s why all the other Civs hate you because you might do it to them too.

If you have a military unit selected and hover your mouse cursor over an enemy city you will see a text saying something like: "Capturing this city will give you a Major Warmongering Penalty".

There are different versions of this, ranging from very minor to major.

If you take a small (low pop) city from someone who has a lot of cities, then the penalty won't be that big. If you take an enemy capital though, the penalty will be rather huge.

different civs also have different opinions on warmongeres. Some like them more, and some like them less. A very peaceful civ will like you a lot less if you take a city than someone who doesn't mind warmongering as much.

Taking cities is bad.

Taking the last city and thus wiping out a civ is VERY VERY BAD.

Because you`ve wiped out an entire Civilisation. You`ve erased a whole peoples and their way of life without any mercy to the weak, defeated peoples who had only ONE city left. It doesn`t matter that they were on your border, you committed genocide.

I like your Explanation :lol:
Thank guys now Iam enlightened

I like your Explanation :lol:
Thank guys now Iam enlightened
Not quite

Eliminators can't be liberators. Even if you planned to liberate the the 4 cities the other guy took you can't.
Eliminate %25 of all civs left in the game and you have permanent warmonger hate. Now this seems unlikely but if there are 3 civs left in the game and you take one out that's %33.

Here is a solution to your problem.

You found a city somewhere in a bad spot, perhaps 1 tile island city and give it to that Civ before taking their capitol :) This is the way to avoid eliminating them and numerous denouncements but still can`t escape being seen as warmonger by the other AI.

Note that this would increase the costs of your great people, social policies and research with no benefit (as you're giving that city away).

This idea works really well, but perhaps try giving away your worst puppeted city instead. Also, many times when I'm taking over the world I've tried this and the civilization won't actually accept a free city.... It's like they know my plan and want to be Martyr's!

Capturing any or most cities could get you hated. You have to capture the capital only or at least a town or two extra. Others could hate you if you capture the capital even.

What a bunch of baloney. I remember playing previous civs and wiping the map clean. Now you get a penalty for playing like you're used to playing. Obelus let them hate you...kill em all!

Note that this would increase the costs of your great people, social policies and research with no benefit (as you're giving that city away).

First, I don't think more cities actually raises the cost of great people...I know it says so in-game and in the Civilopedia, but I haven't noticed it.

Second, if you know that you WILL eventually annex the capitol you're targeting (say for example it has Alhambra and Brandenburg Gate...you are going to want to build units there!), then there is no actual long term extra cost. You see, the increase is based on your CURRENT* number of cities. Yes, settling that crap city will increase policy and research costs, but then you give it away, reducing your city count by one, so when you take and annex the capitol it merely raises the city count to where it was before you gave away the crap city, so you've already paid for the increase and there is no further effect on policy/research costs.

* OK, its actually based on the maximum number of cities you've controlled this game, but usually, max# = current#, and if max# > current#, there is NO increase.

Crus8r

Top Bottom