[Religion and Revolution]: Deactivated Features and Settings

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
Religion and Revolution contains several settings and features which are deactivated by default.

However, in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml every player could easily activate (or change) them for his own game.

These I sometimes change for my own games:

KI_RESPAWN_OFF

--> Currently this is set to "1".

With that setting, it is possible to completely eliminate another European player, so he will be taken out of the game.
(After round 100 only. The player needs to have lost alls cities and own less than 3 Units.)

If you want to never have other European players completely elimiated, put "0" for that setting.
(Basically that would be like in Vanilla.)

NBMOD_REF_RANDOM_SHIPS

--> Currently that is set to "0".

If you are looking for more challenge by a bigger fleet of your king, put "1" for that setting.
(European kings will additionally increase their fleet randomly.)

EUROPE_MARKET_CORRELATION_PERCENT

If you want to have sales of European players affect the prices of other European players as well, then put something like "25" for that setting.

USE_NEW_RULES_FOR_PROFESSION_MISSIONARY

If you activate this (put "1" for setting), then

1. some units like Criminals and Slaves, cannot become Missionaries anymore
2. in your cities you will need a religious building to apoint Colonists to Profession Missionary

NBMOD_REF_RANDOM_SHIPS

If you are looking for more challenge by a bigger fleet of your king, put "1" for that setting.
(European kings will additionally increase their fleet randomly.)

I don't understand it, doesn't the king already do that?:confused:

I haven't got that far yet in an 1.4 game, but in 1.3, whenever my rebel sentiment rose above a certain level, the king added 3-4 ships each turn. Does this setting increase this even further? Or has this been changed from 1.3 to 1.4?

Does this setting increase this even further ?

Yes.

Without activating that setting, the King will only add troops and ships because the computation of the colonial strength (and other factors) will tell him to.
With that setting, the King will additionally increase his fleet (ships only) randomly.

This is a setting for experienced players that are looking for an extra challenge during War of Independence.
(For those who feel that the King's fleet is still too small.)

Top Bottom