Question about Ideologies

kiwusek

Chieftain
I am playing a Poland game where I have adopted the Order ideology (the first ideology was adopted by Russia and its Autocracy). Throughout most of the game Russia had a higher tourism rating until I was able to surpass them through a combo of Archaeology and lots of Hotels. However, ideologically my people still prefer Autocracy and I am experiencing -17 happiness from it (only Dissident) and my question is how to get to Content? It still shows as Russia influencing me even though I have surpassed them in terms of tourism (which I assumed to be the way of getting people to like your own ideology) but it didn't work.

Ah, no, see, tourism is offensive culture, whereas regular Culture is defensive. If you want your people to be content with your ideology, you have to bump up the Culture production.

See those two meters on the Tourism screen? You become influential when your Tourism overcomes their Culture. And I believe it's net culture too, so if you want more happiness, crank up the culture to defend yourself from their soda pop and vampire novels.

Ideological unhappiness comes from one ideological pressure (those torches or spears or hammers). The only thing that determines the number of those symbols is comparing your (culture minus their tourism) with their (culture minus your tourism).

So you could end up unhappy even if you produce more tourism than them if you don't produce a lot of culture or they produce a lot of culture.

Compare the gaps.

It can get confusing.

Ah thanks for that, I was getting confused about which influenced which, but now I get it. By the way, I am loving the tourism/ideology mechanics in the game thus far, it really makes the late game a lot more interesting, and gives some super sweet bonuses.

I am feeling very much like the Soviet Union of the 1920s/1930s - I got embargoed at the world congress so I am chilling on my own, got some good allies but I can't have any trade routes :(

Top Bottom