Captured my first capital today in BNW

Leathaface

Emperor
I never caught a capital before. I founded my 2nd city with Shaka very close to Caesar's 2nd city (Neopolis). There was 4 tiles between the cities. (minimum amount.)

I then planted a great general (forgot name of structure) next to Neopolis, which spread my borders right next to his city center. After a while he declared war on me but I was able to raze Neopolis as I had 5 crossbowmen and 3 imps. Caesar had no soliders in Neopolis itself, but a Roman swordsman outside the city centre. I raze Neopolis then went forward to Rome which I was able to capture with my imps and crossbowmen. Caesar had no troops in Rome itself, just a single Roman swordsman a tile outside Rome.

Rome is very average, only 2 truffles and a single Fur for unique resources, the rest of the city is ordinary grass and mines. But, how bad? I never captured a capital before as I said.

I never caught a capital before. I founded my 2nd city with Shaka very close to Caesar's 2nd city (Neopolis). There was 4 tiles between the cities. (minimum amount.)

I then planted a great general (forgot name of structure) next to Neopolis, which spread my borders right next to his city center. After a while he declared war on me but I was able to raze Neopolis as I had 5 crossbowmen and 3 imps. Caesar had no soliders in Neopolis itself, but a Roman swordsman outside the city centre. I raze Neopolis then went forward to Rome which I was able to capture with my imps and crossbowmen. Caesar had no troops in Rome itself, just a single Roman swordsman a tile outside Rome.

Rome is very average, only 2 truffles and a single Fur for unique resources, the rest of the city is ordinary grass and mines. But, how bad? I never captured a capital before as I said.

does your name reference the wu-tang affiliate or something else

I think you always want to puppet towns when you first capture them.

Annex after they get out of resistance.

Except in the case of using the Iron Curtain tenet for Order. Apparently you only gain a free courthouse if u Annex the city immediately.

Neapolis is fourth on Rome's city list. Did you capture the other cities? If you have the happiness, it would be worth it to capture them.

:goodjob:

I usually annex them, instead of puppet them.

I annexed them alright. In other words I own the city. (to clarify.)

does your name reference the wu-tang affiliate or something else

Leathaface is Krayzie Bones of Bone Thugs N Harmonys nickname. Plus it means the character from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so people might recognise it for that. I didn't know of any Wu affiliation.

Neapolis is fourth on Rome's city list. Did you capture the other cities? If you have the happiness, it would be worth it to capture them.

Sorry, thought it was 2nd.

I would't have the happiness to manage all those cities.

BTW i'm playing as Shaka, that I said I used imps might have put that across, but just to clarify. I normally play King difficulty, but I went down to Prince difficulty for my first game at BNW. Epic speed as usual.

Except in the case of using the Iron Curtain tenet for Order. Apparently you only gain a free courthouse if u Annex the city immediately.

Finally a purpose for the annex immediately button.

Top Bottom