Afterworld promotion weirdness?

AndrewDJ

Warlord
Has anyone else noticed this?

First, no matter the level of the Combat Sentinel promotion, I can only deploy level 1s.

Second, if I deploy a level 3 field detonator directly onto a bleeder, it blows up, but I still can deploy either a Level 2 or a level 1 (or at least the icons are still available.)

I found the same think Combat Sentinel 2 and 3 have no effect. I an not sure if the field detontator 2 or 3 had any effect either. The massive field damage promotion level 2 and 3 I think were working but I am not sure.

Still I kinda of like Afterworld, not quite Xcom but an nice change of pace from Civ.

With combat sentital 2 I deployed a level2 the first time, since then its been just level 1s. I hanvt tried, but perhaps it upgrades to deploy level 2 after youve had deploy level1 avaliable but not used for 10 turns?

I tried waiting for about 20 turns after I regained the ability to make a level 1 sentinel. It never improved and I never got the level 2 or 3 ability to appear. I think it only appears when you get the promotion IF you have the level 1 ability ready. Definitely a big bug.

really dislike how the upgrade to the sentinal works, but having them is great for drawing out bleeders.

1 guy I have maxed out range and line of sight.. sniper ftw.

the regenerate all yoru moves every 4 turns is downright broken. combined with the above sniper he can wipe out 4 bleeders in a single round.

the dark matter cannon is pwnage at level 3

haven't had any success with the mines, but people have said they throw them right at the units with some success.

imobilizer.. I have 2 with it just incase something big and nasty shows but so far its been useless.

the medic promotion isn't bad though.

anything else found to be really good?

NaZ

Extra Moves + Regenerating Moves. 8+ Moves is 3-4 bleeders easily, but if more show up then recover your moves and kill 7 or 8. Extra movement is so crazily good, that I don't think anything else compares to it. Ragah's special attack is pretty lame compared to just giving him an extra attack every round (rather than an attack that does a little extra damage once every 4 rounds). As far as I can tell, the first thing you should do is max movement on everyone.

Extra Moves + Regenerating Moves. 8+ Moves is 3-4 bleeders easily, but if more show up then recover your moves and kill 7 or 8. Extra movement is so crazily good, that I don't think anything else compares to it. Ragah's special attack is pretty lame compared to just giving him an extra attack every round (rather than an attack that does a little extra damage once every 4 rounds). As far as I can tell, the first thing you should do is max movement on everyone.

acceleration is really great too.
it's not every turn, but if you give it to all you squad members, and you improve raga's movements, he can move (or shoot) 16 times every turn :D.
Or 40 times in a very specific context. Nothing beats this.

I had Sever being a Sniper (max fusion weapon) until he left my team.
Then I made Ragah the Sniper (max fusion weapon). Atticus was the Sentinel Deployer and the close range person as he had more Acceleration and.
Jal was the medic and that bald guy (what was his name again, it slipped my mind) was the guy with all the Perception. I'd have him and Ragah go along and snipe anyone in the path.

That Entity was easy to destroy. I utterly kicked it's liquid/blobby butt!

I had Sever being a Sniper (max fusion weapon) until he left my team.
Then I made Ragah the Sniper (max fusion weapon). Atticus was the Sentinel Deployer and the close range person as he had more Acceleration and.
Jal was the medic and that bald guy (what was his name again, it slipped my mind) was the guy with all the Perception. I'd have him and Ragah go along and snipe anyone in the path.

That Entity was easy to destroy. I utterly kicked it's liquid/blobby butt!
I have tried this and lost can you give any ideas?

Top Bottom