Road to War Issues

For some reason I don't get any sound except during the intro movie! what gives?

I must also have the same problem. I added on the new mod pack with the patch and only have sound for the opening cut scene. There is no music, sound effects, ambient music. Just dead silence.

Any suggestions or thoughts to try?

Thanks Dale, the sound problem has been fixed.

I have another problem here. How can I select the Play modes? ie. Accurate Historical Events, Random Historical Events or Open Play in the game.
I remember that the game with the patch 1.1 would let me to select one of the modes before I start to play the game. Now, I have installed 1.2 beta3, I don't know where to select the play modes.
Can anyone tell me how to select the mode?? many thanks

People have said using the latest version fixes the sound problem. Try the 1.2 beta3 of RtW.

Great news! Downloading right now. Thanks Dale for continuing to support the mod. It is quite enjoyable. :goodjob:

Thanks Dale, the sound problem has been fixed.

I have another problem here. How can I select the Play modes? ie. Accurate Historical Events, Random Historical Events or Open Play in the game.
I remember that the game with the patch 1.1 would let me to select one of the modes before I start to play the game. Now, I have installed 1.2 beta3, I don't know where to select the play modes.
Can anyone tell me how to select the mode?? many thanks

It should kick in on after turn 1 and ask you. :)

You know I thought screw it. The next BtS patch is taking too long.

I'm uploading Add-on Pack 2 release for BtS 3.13 right now. :)

I'll announce when it can be downloaded.

PS: 1936 - Global Assault will be available after the next patch (it was too big to downgrade to 3.13).

I have installed Beta 1.2 and am playing Accurate Historical Events as USA.

The Axis controls all of France's territory in Europe. The date is May 1941 and France has still not converted to Axis.

The readme says the following:

Vichy France trigger:
1. Axis occupy a number of Dijon, Metz, Calais, Leharve, Tours, Brest, Nice
2. Axis occupy Paris
3. Slightly random

Just curious as to how random the "Slightly random" makes France's conversion.

And on a separate note, is Norway suppose to surrender to Germany or do they have to conquer the entire country?

Let me know if I need to post my game file.

I gave up on Road to War, because when the land tiles kept changing due to winter, My Pc would grind to halt and I could be waiting over 5 minutes for a turn cycle.

Also, I have an Athlon XP 1800 with a 6600 GT 128Mb and 1.5 Gb of RAM. which is more than adequate for "Standard" map sizes.
Actually I didn't :scan:

(see sig)

Dale--thanks for the mod.

Dunno if you're still working on it but here's a few comments from my (limited) experience:

collat damage is broken and exploitable--maybe arty fire once/turn?
along those lines damage from air units needs to be limited--they're OP enough anyway.

For some reason the AI doesn't seem to build nearly enough units--(and yes I did play deity) --none of the games were remotely challenging w/o exploits (I played UK, Ger, USSR, US. Not sure why.

Tech seems a little broken--you pick up worthless allies which crash your tech.

I have made significant modifications to the initial units. All nations start in 1936 with virtually all the units they had in 1939, except Russia, which starts with all units they had just prior to Operation Barbarossa.

Also, there is virtually no artillery. Beta to be released soon.

Top Bottom