Military Advisor

Well, if you read anything (ANYTHING!) that I type, then typo's are a given. For reference: a defensive Pack is a group of guys that last year played for the Giants. Their job is to sack the Quarter Back and win the super bowl. (joke!)

I know what a Defensive PacT is, it was with a Defensive PacK that I had problems! :DDD

Defensive Pack: When you have defensive pacts with more than one civ. ;)

Usage: "No way I'm attacking that six pack!"

Edit: Serves me right not reading the next page of replies. Ruff's joke is better! :lol:

Well, if you read anything (ANYTHING!) that I type, then typo's are a given. For reference: a defensive Pack is a group of guys that last year played for the Giants. Their job is to sack the Quarter Back and win the super bowl. (joke!)

:D
Sorry, but I'm Italian, so I have no frack idea what a quarterback or a superbowl are ;) Well, not entirely true, I know that they have something to do with american football :)

For the filtering checkboxes -- injured :yuck:, promotable (a star), can move :move:, upgradeable :strength: -- I'll need DDS graphics instead of the font glyphs. Is anyone particularly adept at The Gimp or some other graphics program and can make DDS versions (or find if they exist already) of these characters? If so, could you do the same for :food:, :hammers:, and :commerce:?
Done. See the BUG folder under the ART folder in the SVN. Let me know if you want any more or these look crappy. I can move the around a little (Left, Right, Up, Down) but I cannot make them actually look any better.

I'm about to get started on this; just finishing up a few PLE things first so I can commit what I have.

I'm noticing some weirdness with the Threat Index bar though. In my latest game I found it wasn't scrolling correctly. IIRC, the bars would shift up as you scrolled down (that's fine), but when you scrolled back up, they wouldn't shift back down.

I say IIRC because now in the same game (though updated to latest SVN), the bars are completely missing. I can see the research of most AIs, and it's very late game (I just got Laser), so I should be able to see lots of bars. I see you made a recent change about not showing bars under certain circumstances, none of which apply to my game.

I've attached the save in case you want it.

thx - will look at the scrolling issue too.

I'm noticing some weirdness with the Threat Index bar though. In my latest game I found it wasn't scrolling correctly. IIRC, the bars would shift up as you scrolled down (that's fine), but when you scrolled back up, they wouldn't shift back down.
The attached save doesn't have enough players alive to check so I didn't look at this issue.

I say IIRC because now in the same game (though updated to latest SVN), the bars are completely missing.
I did look at this, and after putting in about a zillion prints and looking at the code to store the stacked bar stuff, I went back and looked at this ...

Code:
bDataFound = True
try:
	stackedbarData = rowData.cells[startIndex + offset].stackedbar[0]
except:
	bDataFound = False

if not bDataFound:
Code like this occurs in 4 places. Does anyone see what is wrong with the above? I swapped the '= True' and '= False' during development and only deleted one of the 'not' statements.

EF - can you delete the 'not' from 'if not bDataFound:'. It'll then work.

You current game raises the question of losing the threat index if you don't have enough spy points to see the demographics. Do we want to totally lose the threat index or do we want to put in a fixed amount for unknown power (say 75% of max) and stick an '*' on the 'GUARDED'? I'm thinking yes.

The attached save doesn't have enough players alive to check so I didn't look at this issue.

Oops. I'll send an earlier save when I get home.

EF - can you delete the 'not' from 'if not bDataFound:'. It'll then work.

Again, I'll try when I get home. Are you saying this will fix my issue? Is it in SVN then?

You current game raises the question of losing the threat index if you don't have enough spy points to see the demographics.

I was lamenting that very thing the other day. I think it should show the meter as you suggested. Ideally the player would be able to specify a power guess to use, but I don't think many players would anyway. Maybe it should choose a random power every time you open the screen. :mischief:

Its not in SVN - thought you were working on MA and didn't want to tread on your toes. Can you remove 'NOT' and send it thru with your next update.

You can go ahead and fix it now. I'm used to doing mergers when I commit for work. :) We're working in different areas of the file, so it's generally painless.

done ...

Revision: 782
Author: ruff_hi
Date: 4:57:24 PM, Sunday, June 01, 2008
changed tech researched message in logger
put in some testing code in BUGMA and IconGrid_BUG - disabled print
put in Alt-T to dump list of colors to log - in autolog file, used to hunt down in-game CTD bug.
----
Modified : /BUG Mod/CustomAssets/Python/Contrib/CvModName.py
Modified : /BUG Mod/CustomAssets/Python/Contrib/autologEventManager.py
Modified : /BUG Mod/CustomAssets/Python/Screens/CvBUGMilitaryAdvisor.py
Modified : /BUG Mod/CustomAssets/Python/Screens/IconGrid_BUG.py

yeah, well ... at least I am consistent. I actually found a way for my python edit to check the syntax.

Ruff get Eclipse.

I second the motion. Eclipse also deals with SVN, merging, exporting (to CustomAssets), and more. It's not the easiest thing to pick up, but heck, Alerum figured it out, so it can't be too difficult. :p

Yeah I figured it out! Wait... whatta mean by that?!

Anyway, I was thinking about sorting options, and think we should do some slight changes. Change Show/Hide Individual Units to a checkbox on the right hand side of where the units are displayed. In the location where that toggle Show/Hide was adding a drop down menu. In the drop down menu, have the current sorting options, plus a few others: Location: Everywhere, Can Promote, and Current Level. The Current Level will be sorted within it's own pane as well, so you can select all level 5 units. And I know it's a bit US-centric, but what about changing Sit-Rep to War Room?

Also, I think we should add a panel below the Combat Experience that when you select a unit, will show avaliable promotions to that unit, and when you click on one it actually will promote the unit.

Top Bottom