BAT Errata

Good points. I changed the graphics around for the next release (Tomorrow!). I thought that the Redcoat should look more like the ones from the history books that everyone is familiar with.

If people don't think that it looks right, I'll switch it back for BAT 3.

Okay, I read a bit back on this thread.

It is indeed flattering You guys/girls (hey, never knew LM was a girl! ;) ) chose VD as a basis for BAT.
About MEE:
- it does alter gameplay - adds a couple of new techs and unit classes
- the added unit classes are always updated with the new art available. In fact, much of the art available indeed fits into these new unit classes as if the art people are making their modern art just to fit into these unit categories (this is also a proof to me that the unit categories - BTW based on snafu's work - are well designed), there's some excellent artwork available for these and I do use them! So the variety is there, and I would never play without this variety in the modern era.

On the other hand, I did not change the game concepts behind them for quite some time, only in my Quot Capita mod.
If there is interest, I can revise MEE and update it gameplay wise. I have ideas and partly I have it already in QC.
In no way am I promoting my mod to be the one that has the power of BUG behind it (although it always will have BUG included in my QC ( coming from RevDCM but even if it was not there I'd have it included anyway), BUG is just plain AWESOME!)

I always have a small smile creep onto my face when I hear complaints/claims (let those be heavily founded or not) claiming some mods superiority to others :p
; it is really a great honour for me to have VD and perhaps MEE included in BAT, but I'll not commit seppuku in case some other mod is chosen instead.
It's partly because it's just so not me to behave and think like that; and partly because I'm committed to work high quality and pursue my goals I set with VD and QC nonetheless. If it happens to be something that pleases people and want to use it, well, I'm just happier!

Me and my friend like to play multiplayer, however we have a strange error when we play with the bat mod. We use direct ip connect and the first time we try to start or load a game we end up desynched and either get stuck on initializing or we end up in separate games. This used to go away the second time we started or loaded a game. However with the new version we end up crashing when we either a) get in to our own games and quit to main menu or b) get stuck on initializing. This means that we have to restart the process every time and thus can never get a game going. We were wondering if there is any solution to this problem or should we just play with out the awesomeness that is bat mod?

@Xile5 - Please try it with BAT 2.3 which will be released today.
I always thought that BAT wasn't MP compatible. Ruff was asking me to jump in on a thread last week about just that. The consensus was that it isn't.

Did the new BUG fix that? I never play MP, so I'll never know. ;)

BUG and BAT seem to be MP compatible for some people and not others, but I don't do MP Civ4. Alerum and I tried setting up both types of games and only got BUG to work. With BAT we never saw each other in the lobby.

However, DIRECT IP games are different because they don't involve a lobby.

I have an interesting problem.

I just built a new Win7 PC and did a clean install of CIV-IV, and BTS and BAT 2.3 installer.

Everything seems to work except the Icon for the Bat Mod is blank and I can't change it. I have it pinned to my quick launch tool bar and when I try to change icon for the shortcut I get the following error:

I don't have an F: drive and I can't find a Civ Loot folder in the unzipped installer files.

Is this a bug in the installer? I wanted to use the shortcut to directly load the BAT Mod, is that not what it was for? Is there a source for the Bat-1.ico I can get?

Thanks

You unzipped the installer? Why?

It's an .exe file and it should install BAT automatically when run. There's no need to unzip it, but if you're using Windows 7, you should run it as administrator. Other than a few mouse clicks to choose some options and it's done. Unzipping it would be just a nightmare of files to sort through... The F: drive and Civ Loot folder are on my machine's development drive, so no wonder you can't find what you need.

Now, if you're using the actual Zip file download, just park it in your MODS folder under User\My Games\BTS... (Near where Custom Assets is located.)

But if you're desperate for the icon...View attachment BAT-1.zip

And yes, when you install with the installer, and choose the short cut option, it creates a quicklaunch and start menu shortcut for you automatically. That's what it's for. :)

I always unzip installers if they allow it just to see the contents. And check out any readme.txt etc.

To install the mod I did just execute the .exe and chose the shortcut option. It created the shortcut but it is a white blank. I kinda assumed that pointer was to someplace during development.

Anyway thanks for the Icon, I'll be using it almost every day and it is a tribute to all your and others hard work on this, the shortcut deserves a proper picture on my quick-launch bar.

EDIT: Okay, I opened the Bat icon and realized it is just that, a BAT, LOL. Yes, I could have found a bat icon on-line but thought this was a unique artwork Icon you all had decided on. BAT it is!

This version seems to consistently crash when I return to menu from a game.

This version seems to consistently crash when I return to menu from a game.
This is a known issue with a small number of systems. We don't know why it occurs, and we have so far been unable to reproduce it.

I will suggest that you make sure that your video drivers are up to date. What OS are you using?

WinXP Service Pack 3.

The more interesting part is my video card. An Nvidia 8500 GT. I just updated my drivers to no avail.

BTW, I am not all that computer-savvy. You are asking for error logs? What log specifically?

WinXP Service Pack 3.

The more interesting part is my video card. An Nvidia 8500 GT. I just updated my drivers to no avail.

BTW, I am not all that computer-savvy. You are asking for error logs? What log specifically?
The game's error logs really don't say much that is helpful for the CTD. If you like, you can make a dxdiag file and post it. Just open the start menu in Windows and type dxdiag in the "run" box, save the file, then zip and post it here. We'll take a look and see if anything is different, but so far, there hasn't been a common link to the problems. Like I said, very few people report experiencing the CTD, so...

I am getting memory allocation errors and I am trying to determine if this is BAT or my laptop. The errors occur randomly (trying to save, making a city build order, etc..) . I'm using Vista 2gb of memory and BAT 2.3. Was there a file I was supposed to remove or rename? I can't remember but I think it had a .fpk extension.

You can remove the Blue Marble graphics and save some memory by renaming BM_v4.50_HI.FPK, to BM_v4.50_HI.FPK.tmp.

If you'd like to try the low res Blue Marble, it's available in the zip version of BAT 2.3 as BM_v4.50_LO.FPK.tmp. Or maybe it doesn't have the FPK in the name. Just rename it to BM_v4.50_LO.FPK and try that. It might help to reduce the MAF errors that you're getting.

Would it in any way be possible to make the entire Blue Marble component optional in the next installer? For those of us who have already have Blue Marble installed into the basic game.

Would it in any way be possible to make the entire Blue Marble component optional in the next installer? For those of us who have already have Blue Marble installed into the basic game.
I'll see what I can do. The installer is rather complex, and it was a fight for me just to get it to have the two versions of BM and the blood effects selectable.

It depends on what my r/l schedule is like. Since it's easy to delete it isn't exactly high on my list of priorities, and I'm pushing hard to get the new release out by the end of July, so no promises...

Quick post on the Default header setting being super imposed over the Unique Unit setting. Frozen Animations should NOT BE ENABLED

Read what I raved about to explain it.

P.S. Thanks for your efforts Lemon Merchant, It just makes it so much fun to play.

Top Bottom