[Religion and Revolution]: Achievements

got it - i will remove the entry and save some time on the graphics work. At this moment, i am looking at things from different angles to get appropriate graphics for the achievements because a high standard has been set by the others who worked on it. Personally, i like the change - i thought having 5 miners was a bit much but the change seems appropriate and feels good.

... because a high standard has been set by the others who worked on it.

Yes indeed. :)
And we will try to keep to high standards in all aspects of this mod. :thumbsup:

Personally, i like the change - i thought having 5 miners was a bit much but the change seems appropriate and feels good.

Until now, all team members agree on this. :)

Since we're talking about Achievements, I think this is the right place to run this past you guys. Wouldn't it be cool to replace the in game photos of the first few achievements with more atmospheric photos (such as those taken from the intro movie)? Here is an example of what I am thinking, feel free to disagree, I'm just throwing around ideas!

Achievements:
Found the New World
Spoiler :

Established your first colony.
Spoiler :

Met a native tribe.
Spoiler :

Surely it would be far too difficult to find legal and decent photos for all of the achievements, so I only had the first few in mind. And if this idea does not sit well with the rest of you, which files would I need to edit for my own enjoyment?

And if this idea does not sit well with the rest of you, which files would I need to edit for my own enjoyment?

The file you would need to edit to change the achievement graphics:
Civ4AchievementInfos.xml

Since we're talking about Achievements, I think this is the right place to run this past you guys. Wouldn't it be cool to replace the in game photos of the first few achievements with more atmospheric photos (such as those taken from the intro movie)? Here is an example of what I am thinking, feel free to disagree, I'm just throwing around ideas!

Achievements:
Found the New World
Spoiler :

Established your first colony.
Spoiler :

Met a native tribe.
Spoiler :

Surely it would be far too difficult to find legal and decent photos for all of the achievements, so I only had the first few in mind. And if this idea does not sit well with the rest of you, which files would I need to edit for my own enjoyment?

NO! Im totally against this! We and other modder did a lot of efforts to make these little pictures. We will also not use photos but we will make our own pictures for the mod. This brings further flair into the mod.

NO! Im totally against this! We and other modder did a lot of efforts to make these little pictures. We will also not use photos but we will make our own pictures for the mod. This brings further flair into the mod.

I am absolutely against it, too. :thumbsup:

We are not going to totally mix too many different styles of graphics for Achievements.
And I really like the currently style of ingame graphics with painted images.

We are not going to totally mix too many different styles of Achievements.
And I really like the currently style of ingame graphics with painted images.

Yep, it adds to the theme of the mod
Don't change it, rather expand it to all the achievements (when you have the time for it)

I did not expect the artists who created the achievement pictures to be for a change. I didn't want to offend you Schmiddie, just throwing an idea out there.

@Ray, I learned yesterday that the graphics can be easily replaced by opening the .dds files (assets/art/achievements) in gimp and replace them by pasting a different picture with the same dimensions. I just resized my selected pictures, and pasted over the ones I mentioned. I found that the picture I suggested for your first colony fits better with your first stockade.

So if you guys aren't for a complete graphical overhaul of all your hard work... which I wouldn't expect you to be. How about this- How about I pitch an alternative text theme to you? I like the achievement system, and would like to change some of the things it says to the player. For example:
The first achievement: You have a dream (into>) The Colonial Charter (text=) Your people are fleeing religious persecution in Europe, and/or seeking unknown wealth in the New World. They have abandoned their homes in Europe, and have been on a long voyage to seek out a place where they may start their new lives.
The second or third achievement: Discover New World > same = Your men have stepped foot on dry land at last. The initial reports are encouraging, and there is a whole New World to explore!

Hi Folks,

Finally we have not discussed how to proceed with new achievements...this is a pity!

Whilst we prepare the next version 1.7 with only some little improvements I plan to create some new achievements for this next version...maybe you can see it as incentive to download the next version of RaR although it will only contain small changes and no big new features. :D

As an eyecatcher - Here is my new achievement for the ownership of three of our new implemented "pirate frigates":

Your pirates have begun to scourge the oceans in search of fame and plunder.

The brothers of the coasts strike again! Now you are one of them - You own three pirate frigates! May the Lord be mercy on you!

Regards Schmiddie

EDIT: There is a typo in the german translation...Es muss natürlich heißen "ein Schlag noch, dann sind wir sicher...".

Attachments

• brothers of the coasts.jpg
    brothers of the coasts.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 230
Nice done, Schmiddie, as always!

Good idea to create some more achievements, mainly for LateGame and/or rare happenings (like owning 3 of these funky pirate ships) :)

Top Bottom