• Carthage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyc

Looking for the door...
An opinion poll created for efficiency. If the Sibling/MortalEnemy concept wins in its poll, we may want to predetermine our Sibling and Mortal Enemy. Therefore, I have given 25 options (the maximum on a poll) to choose from. If your preference is not listed as an option, please post below and write in tour preference.

This is the Mortal Enemy poll. We will destroy this Tribe at the first opportunity.

You can find the discussion through this link.

A 2 day poll and then we skim off the ones that weren't selected.

I chose the Mayans because they're usually big and tough.

I opted for Aztecs. They have a sneaky UU and I hate their city names. At least I can pronounce most of the Mayan city names. The Mayans are the bigger, long-range threat, but the Aztecs are such pests, like ants at a picnic, that I just want to swat them down.

:trouble:

Revenge on Montezuma, buster.

So how long before we know who we'll be playing? Right now the Celts are leading the Babylonians 5 to 4. I want to base my picks for enemy and sibling based on who we're going to play.

I echo the sentiment: I'd also like to know who we're playing first, and seeing how my vote tied up the Babylonian vote with Celts.... :satan:

Also for consideration: we could select our Mortal Enemy as the civilization that first goes hostile toward our Sibling?? Just a thought.

Well, the "Tribe" poll ends Feb. 26th (or thereabouts depending on where you live), so that's when we'll know according to poll rules. That's why I thought I would narrow done the choices. We can vote as a nation in a separate poll to end the "Tribe"poll early to help us in this, but with two Tribes running neck and neck, we need to be unbiased about this. Suggestions?

I did like your suggestion, Darwish. First to attack the Sibling COULD work, but what if no other Tribe did that? :dunno:

Also for consideration: we could select our Mortal Enemy as the civilization that first goes hostile toward our Sibling?? Just a thought.

I did like your suggestion, Darwish. First to attack the Sibling COULD work, but what if no other Tribe did that? :dunno:
Or even worse, they eliminate the Sibling before we could do anything about it. :eek:

But it we spot everyone a Pike in their opening unit allocation (like SGOTM 14) that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm with donsig on this one, I want to know who we're playing first.

Same here. I'd rather see who we're playing.

There was a similar concept done back in the old demogames. Ranking was done by polls.

CURRENT CIV RATING NUMBERS
India 37
Iroquois 32
Greece 27
Rome 27
Zululand 11
Aztecs 3
Babylon -2
China -4

RATE# RANK
30+ Most Favored Nation (MFN)
20-29 Able Partner (AP)
10-19 Common Neighbor (CN)
0-9 Suspect Nation (SN)
<0 Rogue Nation (RN)

Oh, and for my vote, if Babylon is in the game, then definately Babylon. Babylon has always been the most hated civ in Civ3 Demogame History. Here's an ancient quote - "...and we in the demogame tend to go for blood, especially when Babylon is involved. - Daveshack 6th Era 3750BC"

DG1 - Started a World War against us and destroyed Falcon's city, and declared war on us at the very end of the game, too. (Then there was that stubborn Roman city! :D)
DG2 - They were a cultural nuisance, and I think they flipped a city after we captured it.
DG3 - A powerful culture powerhouse.
DG4 - A powerful southern civ.
DG5 - A weak, but untrustworthy mountainous people.
DG6 - Babylon wasn't in this game, but the Dutch sure gave us a run for our money!
DG7 - Probably an autonomous protectorate of Japan this game.

Ah...
Those were the days. Excellent research, Chieftess. Those days of semi-complicated formulas for our office reports seem long gone. Man, we did it right. I am glad I was a part of that.

Oh, and remember, the Iroquois very quickly went to the "most unfavored" list. In DGII, India was on the bottom also.

Of course, I think I'll pick India since they're actually the only ones to capture our cities in a sneak attack (and since it looks like we might be Babylon...).

So if we play Babylon are we gonna have some kind of psychological complex and hate ourselves? :crazyeye:

If we play Babylon I'd vote for the Persians to be our enemy. If we play the Celts then England is the bad guy. I mean bad girl.

So if we play Babylon are we gonna have some kind of psychological complex and hate ourselves? :crazyeye:

That way we can have a civil revolt when it comes time to take our Medicine. :D

(ancient, ancient inside joke for those who don't know)

That way we can have a civil revolt when it comes time to take our Medicine. :D

(ancient, ancient inside joke for those who don't know)
I hear echoes of the board game Civilization by Avalon Hill in this. :old:

And Rome was favored here.

I suggest 3 followup polls, one for each candidate in the "which tribe" poll. That lets us make a final choice of tribe, and choose which enemy tailored to that civ. For example:

What Mortal Enemy should we choose if we play as Babylon?

Germany is Scientific and Militaristic, and known for early sneak attacks. Should be natural enemies to Babylon.

Top Bottom