New to G&K: How does conquering cities work now?

Nilzor

Chieftain
So I'm close to finishing my first round of G&K which i just bought, and I must say I like it. The changes are massive though, so it takes time to learn all this. One thing I haven't figured out yet is what happens when you conquer cities now. You used to get a dialog where you could choose between annex, puppet or raze. That seems to be gone, right?

At least I didn't get the question after sacking 5 of Isabel's cities yesterday as William. I did get it when I received the last city in a trade for peace though. Why then and not the other times?

So what happens when you sack a city now? It seems to be automatically annexed, as I do get the option to select what to build there. On the other hand, I don't have much of a happiness problem (30+) even after taking 5 cities. Playing on King level, that would be unheard of in vanilla Civ5. So what is the happiness penalty of annexing (if that's what I'm doing) now?

Am I right to conclude that it's now easier to have a large number of cities than in vanilla Civ5?

I think G&K makes happiness easier in that there are additional routes for extra happiness.

I think G&K makes happiness easier in that there are additional routes for extra happiness.

That is probably true. I did go for some happiness traits in both the social policy and religion-wise.

In any case, could someone please refresh me on the happiness-penalty of annexing vs puppeting?

Top Bottom