Genghis' Keshiks

BasilAbdef

Chieftain
Genghis' movement bonus ironically does not apply to his own unique unit. Everything else mounted seems to have it, though.

This should be fixed in the next release of CEP in a week or so.

But I haven't played as the Mongols yet to be sure.

Keshiks were changed in other ways in that version as well to modify their strength/ranged strength/cost and assure they have no city penalty as in default. So expect them to be better anyway.

Otherwise this is a longstanding bug within CAT (not CEP) that adjusts it down because of a change to unit classes.

I just tried a new game of 3.17 as Genghis (I really like the Mongols), and this bug is still there...

It would be changed in CAT. There's a deliberate change in CAT that wasn't overridden. Just delete the reference that reduces them to 4 or set them to 5.

On an unrelated note, how does his unique ability to make city states surrender as puppets work?

I've never seen that option, even if I can make them give me tribute.

Stupid keshik bug slipped through. Sorry 'bout that.

To fix it you will need to edit two files.

Remove this block from Cat_Tools.xml
Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Type="UNIT_MONGOLIAN_KESHIK" />
			<Set Moves="4"
				/>
		</Update>

and add it to CEA_Land.xml
Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Type="UNIT_MONGOLIAN_KESHIK" />
			<Set Moves="5"
				/>
		</Update>

This does two things. Firstly it makes the change in CEG, where it should be, and it reverts the move change to vanilla values of 5.

I won't do a re-release with just this change. There are bound to be other small fixes like this.

Top Bottom