3.17 Intotooltip failure on new game

gdwitt

Prince
New games load, but can't select buildings for construction. The city view screen has no textinfos when I hover over buildings that I add via IGE.

I downloaded the mod (3.17 from github) twice and let the game unravel the files twice. I didn't touch anything in them. I ran the game several times without any other mods (in BNW) and always get this problem:

PRODUCTIONPOPUP: WARN TURN 0 GETHELPTEXTFORPROMOTION: STAT DATA IS NIL FOR PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST_NOUPGRADE!
RUNTIME ERROR: C?.....\cat\Tools\Tooltipwriter\INFORTOOLTIPINCLUDE.LUA:158: ATTEMPT TO INDEXT LOCAL 'SECTION' (A NIL VALUE)

CITYVIEW: WARN TURN 0 GETHELPTEXTFORBUILDING: STAT DATA IS NIL FOR BUILDING_..ALL ANCIENT AGE BUILDINGS

Redownloaded the Packfile twice.
Try 2) similar error once the game started: Same help text problem ith buildings
Cityview: C?.....\cat\Tools\YieldLibrary\YieldIconManager.LUA:94 cannot find key – Tile Texture

Cityview: C?.....\cat\Tools\YieldLibrary\YieldLibrary.lua.1378 cannot find key – Tile Texture

Runtime error: C/yieldlibarary/yieldlibrary.lua:1862 attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘yield ‘ a nil value

Lua 1775 Min Player

Try3) it worked beautifully.
The only thing I did is move an old versino of CAT that I had taken apart in a file in a different directory. I can't see how that could have contaminated the actual mod file.

Anyways, it's working now without errors

I started from scratch again and now I get the "no tooltip for" error again from post 1.
There are a number of errors, but the "promotion_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST_NOUPGRADE" seems to be the most common.
I don't know what to do.

The ony thing I can tell you is that it works for me, sorry. I even modded the mod and it still works, luckily ;) You most likely already did that, but if its the only mod, try verifying the files via steam, deleting the mod folder contents, downloading the mod files anew and restarting the game to get them to unpack.

It works now.
I had to redownload everything and start from new.
See my other post on CEC_End not working.

Top Bottom