Space Expansion of Civ5

SolNovus12

Chieftain
Before I start with the idea of having a expansion of the Civ5 into space like the mods used from Civ4, i want to say that I agree with everyone about the diplomacy problem, that we do need more civilizations, and that different leaders of civs that gives different bonus to the civs. I do think that we need more different kinds of improvements for the titles to be worked on.

But i do have one( I think its Cool) idea that would make this game more fun. Why not have a expansion about space civilization? like when we reach a specific time period of the game, it could go either three different ways, one is that we enter a third world war( that is if the devs improve the diplomacy system that allows multiple civilizations be drawn into the war at the same time instead of having to attack another one to draw that civilization into war. that involves nuclear winters at the end and that leads to Star Trek version, another is if one of the civilizations researches and finds a Stargate which leads to the Star Gate version. Or without any of these happens if we reach to the future tech, then all of the civilizations will band together and send people to other worlds and that is the Star Wars version. and the way of travel can be either by warp engines or hyperspace jump, or by StarGate.

The Third War must happen before entering the Future Era, and that at least 3 or more has nuclear weapons and the nuclear winters covers more than 50% of the world surface and more than 75% world population loss. From there, one of the civilization has to build the ( i am going to say this) wonder "Zefram Cochrane"s Phoenix" to start the Star Trek Version of the space civilization, and from there, the civilizations bands together and creates the United Earth, meets different species and from there grows into the federation or the empire up to the players choice. the rest up to you.

The Star Gates needs to be discovered before the future era and before a world war III happens. once discovered and research, one of the civilization has to build a gate and that civilization that builds one will control numbers of civilizations that can be involve and you can meet new different species and technology. however from there, you can no longer research new technology, you must find them in many different worlds that holds secrets and surprises. there are 5 different levels of galactic technology, once attain level 4, 1 being the highest level, can create outposts for military and scientist usage only. as you advance in level of technology, outposts can grow into colony, colony into city, and city into intergalactic world. the way you grow your civilization is up to you.

And Lastly, the Star Wars vision is simple, attain the future Era, and from there you can develop the technology for hyperspace travel and you have only two places you can travel to, to a world of Sith or to a world of Jedi. from there, the numbers that you can travel expands rapidly but will be different locations and have to be discovered. your civilization will be either sith based or Jedi based, but the others can be either. after contacting either one of the world, you can expand your civilizations to other worlds but be warned, there are other human and species civilizations out there.

Thanks for reading this, if you agree this post, please leave a message to me so i can add you to list of people who wants to sign a proposal to the devs. I am drawing up one that will explain more details about the space expansion. I am hoping to have at least 50 people wanting this. I will also be posting this on Steam.

Thanks Again.
Signing out,
SolNovus12

Hopefully with DLL access we can create multimaps and this will be possible. I am already working on a broader community expansion of which this is a part (although space won't be present for a long time). Also, it need not be fictional, the Star Trek warp drive actually is possible under general relativity.

Top Bottom