Anyone tried MP with the new Pitboss support?

Bernout1

Warlord
A small group of us have been experimenting with it and it appears to work ok (for Civ V of course). Has anyone done larger games with it yet?

Bernout

Really interesting question!
Does pitboss work like Giant multiplayer robot?

Really interesting question!
Does pitboss work like Giant multiplayer robot?

It works kind of similar to GMR but is simultaneous turns and not turn based. Basically someone sets up a server and then players connect to it to do their turns.

How we've used it in the past is with a 24 hour turn timer. The next turn takes place when everyone has done their turn or the timer elapses.

Bernout

I haven't done a pb much because it is too slow. I've asked other people about pb and they've given me the same answer, too slow.

Yes the pitboss or sequential turns is very slow.
It seems much more fun on simultatneous and turn timer.

Maybe use a smaller map if you have a problem completing all your actions as needed?

I am still getting used to the lag between placing the order and actual movement.

Ya, Pitboss games are slower although if you have a small number of people you can always get online at the same time and play a few turns. For the larger games I used to host it would last 9 months. ;)

Now having said all that, GMR is way slower than that. I did one 6 person game and while it worked it was days between turns sometimes. Never did another one.

Bernout

Top Bottom