so I captured a great prophet..

I noticed the same thing when I captured a Muslim missionary... it's an odd feature to let you capture a unit that you really can't use... and it isn't obvious that he's still Muslim; I can see a lot of players accidentally trying to use him and not realize they're spreading someone else's religion.

Yes- the only way I know to check is have the missionary beside the city and mouse over the convert button. It would be helpful if is said "Catholic Missionary" or whatever.

I send him to the capital of another civ that is spreading a third religion and convert the capital and maybe whether city. The third religion AI will then burn faith recovering their own religion.

Sorry for the necro-post. I know this is an old thread just like to say that I found it informative.

I would just like to add, captured Missionaries and Prophets also seem like a nice catch when playing as Indonesia. If it's a religion that is not yet present in your empire, you can use the remaining convert power once per city. Candis grant +2 faith for each religion with at least one follower in the city.

A Djenne-boosted Missionary with full conversion can grant additional 6 FPT, a GPr with 4 conversion left, 8 FPT. You need to have at least 4 cities to make use of the GPr though.

Sorry for the necro-post. I know this is an old thread just like to say that I found it informative.

I would just like to add, captured Missionaries and Prophets also seem like a nice catch when playing as Indonesia. If it's a religion that is not yet present in your empire, you can use the remaining convert power once per city. Candis grant +2 faith for each religion with at least one follower in the city.

A Djenne-boosted Missionary with full conversion can grant additional 6 FPT, a GPr with 4 conversion left, 8 FPT. You need to have at least 4 cities to make use of the GPr though.

yes, the khandi gives +2 fpt for each religion that is in a city no matter how many followers each different religion has.

Top Bottom