Tommynt vs World

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to find takers, and to say truth, bnw just made it really harder to win 1vs2 vs GOOD players.

I obviouly can slaughter easily 2 or 3 not so experienced/FFA/NQ/SP ers - but maybe thats no fun for both me and the team.

I play too often teamers latly which end quite some times in fighting 1vs2 :)

Your lost to turntheslayer was complete and undisputable. I think you should try to beat him before trying 1 vs 3. :)

I suggest the person who makes announcements like "me vs world" should be skilled enough to play on most of settings. Moreover, there were no exotic settings in that game.

well I just dont enjoy hoping for good ruins, good map, good CS placement and so on.

If others enjoy such kind of stuff they are playing the wrong game and should shift from civ to poker.

Me too, but the comparison with poker is ugly. Poker player myself, i know that it's really not about getting good cards only. Far from that in fact. Much closer comparison from roulette game, any dice games or something like that.

I remember Silverfuturist involving the comparison of playing civ with chess. Good chess players will find a way to play the game better than the average. Unfortunately i hate playing chess :lol:(and i suck)

Me too, but the comparison with poker is ugly. Poker player myself, i know that it's really not about getting good cards only. Far from that in fact. Much closer comparison from roulette game, any dice games or something like that.

I remember Silverfuturist involving the comparison of playing civ with chess. Good chess players will find a way to play the game better than the average. Unfortunately i hate playing chess :lol:(and i suck)

Perhaps poker is a "better" game because there is a lot more money to be made in it!

To make Civ comparable to poker, many "hands" (games) must be played to even out the short term luck. With Civ, seems that you only get "one game."

I think Scrabble is a better comparison to Civ. In Scrabble, you can get all the premium tiles (like S's) while your opponent has to struggle through draws like IIUU... in a series of games the luck evens out, but a strong club player can beat the world Scrabble champion in a single game, happens all the time. In Civ some players seek to "remove the blanks" but still there are random elements unless you do mirror maps.

So... all of this forum and game banter... it is just a game and the people in it are characters, kind of like Borat!

I suggest the person who makes announcements like "me vs world" should be skilled enough to play on most of settings. Moreover, there were no exotic settings in that game.

That would be a good game to see screenshots of both player's starts, and then screenshots later in the game... I would like to see what happened!

Moderator Action: I deleted some spam posts. Please make sure each of your posts contain something on-topic and contributory.

haha old tricks with liberty and piramids dosnt work in bnw bc no gold? turn 50 8 cities was simple to do with +2science traderoutes , try to play diffrent eras or maps - skirmish acient start is so boring.

I skimmed through the game - I thought the Russian guy sounded friendly (even though I could not understand him), and his reaction to him finding salt that was too far away was the same as mine! I could understand some words like "bananas" lol.

While he things I thought were skillful, I am skeptical of some of his choices. I say this with total respect, he is the kind of opponent I like to see in civ. After opening tradition he went liberty to pick the worker with Aztecs and only made 2 cities. He hard built a settler right away on top of it, so I think full tradition would have been a much better choice. For his second city, he settled on flat land - I personally would have settled on the gold, both have access to fresh water, the gold settle gives extra hammers gold and insta happy right away. Especially the nature of this game, which ended at xbows/knights.

It is really good to see that civ is such an international game... maybe if all enough people are playing civ (and other games) vs each other across the world, there won't be a will for war anymore.

Just skimmed through it also, but it seems the hills were key to Turntheslayer's strategy: hills ==> high cap prod ==> Great Library + National College ==> low city count ==> would be low production except for the hills
Given the win was enebled by crossbows, the game finished early, so policy choice optimization seems kind of secondary.

He said "lets play no shift move" and I said ok. He said "hybrid" I said ok.

Then he tried to last second move a citadel onto my choke point, and when that failed he quit and wanted to reload. He said he had lag, and would reload until he got to do his last second move!

The ONLY way to get a general aggressively placed in that terrain was to do a last second move, so once we got stuck in sequential moves, I wouldn't be able to plant back without losing the unit and the general!!! I played on to see what he would do, then I left in disgust.

Alienware: without reloading until u plant general impossible for you to win
TurntheSlayer: agree

TurntheSlayer: its not my fault i can use host privilege
Alienware: what? it is not your fault you are cheating?
TurntheSlayer: ))
TurntheSlayer: not my fault i can do it

Moderator Action: Please don't accuse others of cheating.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Turntheslayer is an cheater.

He said "lets play no shift move" and I said ok. He said "hybrid" I said ok.

Then he tried to last second move a citadel onto my choke point, and when that failed he quit and wanted to reload. He said he had lag, and would reload until he got to do his last second move!

The ONLY way to get a general aggressively placed in that terrain was to do a last second move, so once we got stuck in sequential moves, I wouldn't be able to plant back without losing the unit and the general!!! I played on to see what he would do, then I left in disgust.

Alienware: without reloading until u plant general impossible for you to win
TurntheSlayer: agree

TurntheSlayer: its not my fault i can use host privilege
Alienware: what? it is not your fault you are cheating?
TurntheSlayer: ))
TurntheSlayer: not my fault i can do it

Mate , stop it finaly please.
Just to aviod "throwing dice" post-game comments, Turntheslayer proposed Tommynt to play on HIS(Tommy's) settings... and won again.
http://ru.twitch.tv/turntheslayer/b/488642191

ignore this guy please.

Moderator Action: Please don't throw around accusations of cheating. Doing so is contrary to our forum rules.

Moderator Action: Please don't throw around accusations of cheating. Doing so is contrary to our forum rules.

Ok, I won't use the "c" word, but what do you call it when somebody drops and wants to keep reloading until they get their desired result in a multiplayer game?

Moderator Action: We do not permit public comment on moderator actions. This poster received a warning, but everyone should keep this in mind.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

ah-ah-ah what a shame for Turntheslayer, i'm sooo disappointed. :hammer2:
Ok, I won't use the "c" word, but what do you call it when somebody drops and wants to keep reloading until they get their desired result in a multiplayer game?
It is completely unacceptable for fair-play civ game. However it is not cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom