MP questions

bc1

Tried MP for the 1st time... just went to the lobby and joined some random BNW games, 6 players max, small map, fast.
Not a single game made it past turn 50 ! Something always went wrong: most times the game crashed or froze or did something strange, and the rest of the time people quit. Is there a way to rejoin a game which has crashed if I am not the host ? If so, how ?
Also, the next turn button was acting weird: it sometimes reverted to "end turn" some time after I had pressed it. Is this normal ? Why ?

This is normal because some players just don't know about requirements to play the game(low machine, connection) and don't know that if you quit during a resynch loading phase the game will freeze for everyone and the game needs to be reloaded.

Rare are the games that are actually full played into public games. So you have 2 options :

Play with friends only and combine with maybe 1 or 2 other players from the public(at worst, you will be able to finish the game with some AIs)

or better, join the NQ group. A group dedicated to competitive and no quitter players. The links are under my signature.

Thanks for the info, have no civ friends, registered @ NQ as "Nono", but no email...

What are the network conection requirements to host a game (my rig is a beast) ? If I host, no more freezes ?

Also, the next turn button was acting weird: it sometimes reverted to "end turn" some time after I had pressed it. Is this normal ? Why ?

Thanks for the info, have no civ friends, registered @ NQ as "Nono", but no email...

What are the network conection requirements to host a game (my rig is a beast) ? If I host, no more freezes ?

To make it smooth you need high speed internet and a quad core computer. A dual is ''ok'' as long as you let graphics at low. Don't bother with the ''end'' button reappearing it's a UI mini bug. It happens to everyone. But it shouldn't happen frequently. Its a rare thing for me.

What is "high speed internet" ? Is ADSL good enough?

I'm not an internet pro but i think that the upload speed is more important than the download speed. Maybe at least 2mb/s for upload and 8 for download?

Maybe someone can else can tell better than me...

Top Bottom