Modifying the amount of peaks generated

civcivv

Warlord
Been rather annoyed at how peaks are generated and wanted to look into doing some modification.

I was wondering whether it is possible to modify the amount of peaks that a python mapscript generates or alternatively is there a value I can tweak in a XML file for this?

Also, is there a way to not have peaks on the only tile that links two landmasses?

Any help on any of these points would be most appreciated.

I was wondering whether it is possible to modify the amount of peaks that a python mapscript generates or alternatively is there a value I can tweak in a XML file for this?

There is no global xml value for this. It is completely dependent on the mapscript; each mapscript may or may not have internal parameters to adjust. You may get more informed replies by indicating which mapscript(s) you are using. Also, you may want to post in the mapscript sub-forum.

Also, is there a way to not have peaks on the only tile that links two landmasses?

Again, it depends on the mapscript. Many mapscripts have a post-processing step to eliminate peaks on choke points like this.

Is there some document which lists exactly which subforums are for questions and which aren't? As you point out, this subforum is for questions. In the mapscript subforum, which I read occasionally but not regularly, I see there are a huge number of "Moved" question threads which indicate a moderator action. But I cannot quite figure out if they are moved in or moved out. If they were moved out, I cannot tell where they went.

From the description of the modpacks forum:
Please don't open a new thread if you don't have file to post! This rule also applies to ALL other files forums below. Use the main Civ4 Creation forum for questions & requests.

The description of the SDK/python forum includes questions.

All the questions in the mapscripts forum have been moved out to the main creation and customization forum by ainwood yesterday, because i've reported the newest question, and added a list of threads in the report.

"Moved" means everytime moved out to somewhere.
This is also a link (will vanish after a specific time), so you can still access these threads through clicking on it, and on the top of the page you can then see, in which forum you are.

So, if I want to ask a question about sdk/python, it goes here. If I want to ask a question about *anything else* for creation and customization, it goes in the top level and gets lost among all the noise? I did not realize that was the intention.

Top Bottom