compiler issue

antaine

King
I have received an error and I don't understand what the issue is, or how to fix it.

I've followed Refar's guide to a T, but keep getting the following error:

------ Build started: Project: CvGameCoreDLL, Configuration: Final Release Win32 ------
Performing Makefile project actions
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Gd /G7 /GR /O2 /W3 /EHsc /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /DFINAL_RELEASE /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK/Include" /c CvArea.cpp /FoFinal_Release/CvArea.obj
CvArea.cpp
x:\Applications\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\CvGameCoreDLL\CvGameCoreDLL.h(160) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/python/list.hpp': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
Build log was saved at "file://\\.psf\host\Applications\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\CvGameCoreDLL\Final Release\BuildLog.htm"
CvGameCoreDLL - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

What am I doing wrong?

the list file that it says does not exist is in exactly the place it says it isn't...

It is a little hard to tell from this. You appear to be building in the directory "x:\Applications\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\CvGameCoreDLL". It is a little odd that you would be building in this directory; is that what you planned? Most people don't perform the build inside the mod area, but rather they make a new directory inside my documents" somewhere. The build process creates several megabytes of intermediate data, which really doesn't belong in your mod directory.

If that is the directory you are building in, then did you put all of the boost files there? The mod probably does not contain all those files. So, does the directory "x:\Applications\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\CvGameCoreDLL\boost\python" exist?

What I do is make a zipfile of the BTS/cvgamecoredll directory, which has all the unmodified files; unzip it into some local directory under "my documents", and then unzip the mod's files on top of that. The first zipfile has all the directories like boost, so it all works.

It's located wherever you installed BTS. For me that's

Code:
C:\
  Games\
    Civ4\
      Beyond the Sword\
        CvGameCoreDLL\

You can point your makefile to the library and include folders inside that folder rather than copying them into your SDK folder (the one containing your modified source files).

hm, the install in my xp is not structured like that, but the install on my friend's computer was, so I've got the files now and I'm going to give it a try tonight.

Top Bottom