AI won't even give me 1GPT for my tec and i have a clean rep

Crakie said:
One thing that has not been mentioned, is the difficulty. A warlord level AI will take longer to get a budget surplus, which will probably not be a big surplus anyway. In my recent demigod games however, 250 gpt deals were common already in the early industrial age.
You can get that kind of a deal even at emperor by about the end of the middle-ages. Map size and type probably has something to do with it as well. If you're on a huge pangea then some AIs will have enough space to expand a lot and produce a very high income. If they have a golden age they make even more money. You can use this to your advantage if you time everything correctly. If the rich civ has its UU and didn't have its GA yet, you can get them to sign a MA against their neighbor in order to trigger their GA, then drain all the extra gold with smart trades. :devil:

Brain said:
You can get that kind of a deal even at emperor by about the end of the middle-ages. Map size and type probably has something to do with it as well. If you're on a huge pangea then some AIs will have enough space to expand a lot and produce a very high income. If they have a golden age they make even more money. You can use this to your advantage if you time everything correctly. If the rich civ has its UU and didn't have its GA yet, you can get them to sign a MA against their neighbor in order to trigger their GA, then drain all the extra gold with smart trades. :devil:

I've got 180+gpt from Regent-level AIs in the early Industrial. What you find, though, is that as you go up in levels, there will be either:
1. More AIs that can give you the big deals, or
2. One or two AIs who can give you monster deals, as they're already raking in the gpt from the lesser AIs.

Vulcans said:
I’ve just started an experiment, diety level, lots of AI. Go nearly 100% science and get Alphabet, writing, litrature. Set up core and quickly put aside second city onto FP for pre-build GL. Once you hit litrature set science research to 0% and start collecting cash(or get iron working if you don’t already and need spearmen for defence). The AI will be ahead on tec for a while but don’t worry, if you’ve pre-built the GL from the start then it should arrive soon after you get litrature. Next thing you have the GL and jump up the tec tree to where the computer is, (compleating final few AT techs). With GL you will be ensured 3rd place in tec till advent of education. So with a lot of computers you should be able to sell your tec to lots of people. Sit at 0% science level getting all your science from GL and selling to other AI for a bit of extra pocket money.

This will give you lots of god in cash stored up (save it). This gives a couple of thousand years of free tec where you can focus all yor attention on expansion/war etc (more land and cities for later tec generation). GL becomes obsolete fairly at education(after getting 25 free tec from it), so start building librarys at the start of the middle ages, and so you’ll be ready for 100% science power after education. Then you'll have lots and lots of cash when GL becomes obsolete so buy tec from 1st and 2nd place so you become 1st in tec race, Now is the time to get the ahead, you can run a deficit for a long time because of the huge cash stockpile, and with increased territory and 100% science rate (you can’t go under 4turns/tec so don't do 100% if you can get 4turn/tec at lower rates) it should be able to get ahead of the AI.
A better strategy is NOT to stockpile this extra cash but use it to cash-rush marketplaces and libraries BEFORE the GL expires and universities right after that. You should also try to trigger your GA at about that time so that you can get a cash boost. With this strategy I'm usually able to keep a 4-turn pace throughout most of the game, without even using 100% science.

Tesuji said:
I see a lot of lamenting about reputation here. I suppose it would have helped to make some of the reputation concepts visible, so that people don't have to guess so much what's going on. For such an important concept in the game, it stays rather invisible which leads to a lot of frustration with players.

I could not agree more, also your trading reputation should also repair over time

Top Bottom