Planetfall

I get the impression it is still v11 we are downloading.
It is dated august 04...
Maybe you uploaded the older verson, maybe they did not delete the older version or something like that?

I see Maniac has reverted the downloads back to the v.11 one. I guess I downloaded v.12 a little too quickly :)

Maniac - THANK YOU!

hellasweet mod :D

I'm going to enjoy continuing my game! And I'll enable the deeper autosaves in order to capture problems (if I encounter them).

Huge kindness you've done for all of us SMAC addicts :)

It has been a while since there has been an update. I do hope that Maniac et al are working on on one?

Many thanks, Pfeffersack, for the response.

This game just gets better and better! The "eye candy" is awesome. :)

But if only... Sigh. :(

Please don't think me "dog in the manger" but I do miss three aspects of the old SMAC. Good as Planetfall is becoming. They are probably not feasible in Planetfall but I hope you don't mind me rehearsing them, anyway.

A) I LOVED the way that in automating aircraft they would fly from one to base to another between turns. That always excited me with the feeling of real, indepenent deployment.

B) I do miss the Workshop where I could tweak and upgrade my units to my heart's content. Particularly to give them Psi defence!

C) I don't care what Manic or anyone says. The coverts ops units in Planetfall are damn lazy and I just can't be bothered to kick them out of bed all the time! :( In the original game, you automated them and left left them to get on with their merry mayhem against the other factions! :)

Neverthless, I play no game more these days than Planetfall and eagerly await the next update.

Live long and prosper.

Patch 12a for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v12 file of Planetfall. It breaks savegames from previous versions or patches.

Please post interesting screenshots of your games in this thread.

This patch makes a start with making the councils more interesting in Planetfall. The end goal is to add a Transcendence victory, in which all Concordat signatories will sign a permanent alliance and go for a cooperative victory, trying to increase the Flowering Counter to 100. Furthermore the goal is to make the until now rather neglected Flowering Counter more of a motor of conflict between Terraformers and Hybrids. Players should be encouraged to go to war even if there is still plenty of room left for peaceful expansion and colonization. For instance one should mutter "God damn, Deirdre increased the Flowering Counter *AGAIN*" :mad: and declare wars to put a halt to one's ecological rivals.

The exact effects of the Flowering Counter affecting resolutions will no doubt need to be changed after playtesting to achieve this desired effect. So please share your experiences.

Changelog:

Spoiler :
1. Various new buttons by Lord Tirian.
2. Leader diplomacy modifiers modified by Pfeffersack.
3. Helion unit art by WarKirby (and Lord Tirian).
4. The Peacekeepers now get +50% more war weariness.
5. Morgan loses his +20% war weariness, but gets -10% military production instead.
6. Gaian Flamethrower units also get the Walk with Planet and Forest Camouflage promotions.
7. The Walk with Planet promotion now gives +50% attack vs. Hybrid Forest. Native Life who get this promotion for free no longer have this bonus inherently.
8. The Gaians no longer get +1 happiness per Hybrid Forest.
9. The Nanites tech now enables hurrying with credits directly, instead of through a civic. However now only buildings can be hurried.
10. High Energy Chemistry no longer leads to Field Modulation.
11. Field Modulation no longer leads to Fusion Power.
12. Brilliance is now enabled by the Field Modulation tech.
13. Brilliance, Fungal Gin and Planet Pearls now provide +1 Planet instead of +1 Happiness.
14. The Empath Guild building no longer gives an inherent +1 Happy, but does give +1 Happy with Brilliance and Fungal Gin.
15. The Psi Gate building now gives +1 Happy with Monolith. Mineral cost slightly increased to 60.
16. Brood Pit building added at Centauri Ecology. Provides +1 Planet, reduces war weariness, increases native life production speed.
17. The Temple of Planet building is now enabled by the Affinity Gene, only provides +1 Planet, gives no extra Happiness with the Monolith resource, but gives +1 Science and +1 Culture to the base per Brilliance/Fungal Gin/Monolith/Planet Pearls under control.
18. Biomachinery now leads to Contained Ecosystems.
19. Cryogenics technology added. Fills the spot between Gene Splicing and Biomachinery. Enables the Bioenhancement Center, Morgan Metagenics and a new Thunderbolt air unit.
20. The Bioenhancement Center now costs 120 minerals, no longer provides an inherent +1 Health nor +2 XP to Infantry, but gives +1 Health from Coral Reef and the Rare DNA resources.
21. The Research Hospital no longer provides extra Health for the Rare DNA resources.
22. The Covert Ops Center building is now enabled by Neural Grafting.
23. The Punisment Sphere building is once again enabled by Mind-Machine Interface.
24. The Living Refinery building now gives extra credits (corporation-style) for owning a whole bunch of resources.
25. Nanoreplicator building added at the Nanites tech. Provides extra minerals for owning a variety of resources.
26. The Affinity Gene tech no longer gives a Transcend to the first researcher.
27. Antimatter Reactor and Singularity Inductor buildings removed.
28. The Supercollider factional project now enables Planet Buster production.
29. The Nuclear Reactor building now provides a 50% city maintenance reduction.
30. The Maintenance Bay building is now given for free to all bases upon researching Antimatter.
31. The Locust of Chiron unit's movement has been reduced to 3.
32. A Metabolic Boost promotion for Locusts and Sealurks has been added. It gives the unit one extra movement point.
33. The native Guerilla promotion now requires Lifecycle I.
34. Bloom promotion added for Spore Launchers and Isles of the Deep. When a unit with this promotion pillages a plot, Fungus is created there. Lengthier: When pillaging an improvement, which doesn't have a downgrade (eg Outpost to Farm), in another faction's territory, Xenofungus or Sea Fungus is created on the plot provided those features can grow there.
35. The Navigation special ability now requires Fusion Power.
36. The Cyborg unit starts with a free 'always heal' promotion.
37. The Drop Trooper unit starts with the Amphibious Pods special ability.
38. The Wealth civic no longer gives a bonus to trade route income. Instead it provides +1 Happiness to all bases per 10% gold slider spending. Code borrowed from Dom Pedro II's Test of Time.
39. The Enclosed Biosphere civic has been renamed to Biodomes.
40. The 'Temporary' civic category has been removed.
41. A 'Council' civic category has been added. Civics: 'No Member' & 'Member'. When running the Member civic no credits are gained from capturing bases. Also the Member civic gives +100% foreign trade route income. Code for that borrowed from Dom Pedro II's Test of Time. The Member civic can be chosen by everyone as soon as someone builds the Planetary Council. One must follow the Member civic to vote in the Planetary Council.
42. Lal's favourite civic is now 'Member'.
43. The Planetary Governor gains +1 trade route in all bases.
44. White Pines renamed to The Concordat.
45. Defying a resolution worsens the diplomatic relations with the players who voted Yes.
46. Defying a resolution only causes one unhappy citizen instead of five.
47. The Single Currency and Religious Victory resolutions have been removed.
48. New Council motion added: Expel Hybrids from Council. Enabled by Atmospherics. Cannot be defied.
49. New Council motion added: Release oxygen into atmosphere. Enabled by Ecological Engineering. It decreases the Flowering Counter by an amount dependent on the population size of everyone who votes 'Yes'. Cannot be defied.
50. The Concordat Council has been (re)added. Your votecount equals your Planet Attitude. Lal also gets double votes here.
51. The Free Trade resolution is now a Concordat instead of a Council motion.
52. Concordat added: Spread the Voice of Planet. All members gain a free Acolyte.
53. Concordat added: Offer Affinity Gene treatments. Enabled by the Affinity Gene tech. It increases the Flowering Counter by an amount dependent on the number of bases of everyone who votes 'Yes'. Cannot be defied.
54. Concordat signatories gain free Great People points in each base. Amount = Flowering Counter / 20.

Patch 12b for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v12 file of Planetfall. It doesn't break savegames from patch 'a'.

Just a small bugfix patch.

Patch 12c for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v12 file of Planetfall. It doesn't break savegames from patch 'a' or 'b'.

Just a small bugfix patch.

one of my major/minor annoyances on this game is the automatic workers continue to spam build lots of :):):):)ing forts... is there a way to prevent the workers on building forts?

one of my major/minor annoyances on this game is the automatic workers continue to spam build lots of :):):):)ing forts... is there a way to prevent the workers on building forts?

You can do this by checking a recently added option in the options menu (similar like the ones which prevent formers from altering existing improvements or cutting forests)

Too late, I just gone to the unitinfo xml file and deleted the build fort code, I see forts as useless in every game, and unrealistic as well when playing both fantasy, sci-fi, and other mods out there. Who would build a fort under a freaking copper, gold, or anything? I just remove forts and make sure the formers build it at the right place and to also prevent them from fort spamming in every damn terrain.

Too late, I just gone to the unitinfo xml file and deleted the build fort code, I see forts as useless in every game, and unrealistic as well when playing both fantasy, sci-fi, and other mods out there. Who would build a fort under a freaking copper, gold, or anything? I just remove forts and make sure the formers build it at the right place and to also prevent them from fort spamming in every damn terrain.

That will probably effect the AI as well, as far as I understand and might hurt it. Not from an economic perspective, there are better choices on ressource tiles (even on most others), but Bunkers in Planetfall also offer a lot of defensive strength (bombardment!), especially if it comes to defending vs. native life. I don't trust automation at all, but if I would, I would just check the option I mentioned and build my forts manually.

Or have I misunderstood you and you coded a new logic, which makes the AI buildings bunkers only on endangered spots? That could be really interesting for PF, because for my taste they go a bit overboard with building them (though I still think no AI bunkers at all would be worse)

Top Bottom