Popups in the SDK

Afforess

The White Wizard
How do popups work in the SDK? For example, this code here, what is happening?

Code:
void CvPlayer::acquireCity(...)
                   CvPopupInfo* pInfo = new CvPopupInfo(BUTTONPOPUP_RAZECITY);
                    pInfo->setData1(pNewCity->getID());
                    pInfo->setData2(eHighestCulturePlayer);
                    pInfo->setData3(iCaptureGold);
                    gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addPopup(pInfo, getID());

If I wanted to create a new popup with 4 choices or selections for the player, how would I go about doing that?

You'd have to define a new popup type to handle 4 options and code them in. Just follow BUTTONPOPUP_RAZECITY through the DLL and you should see most every location where you need something. When it is doing checks for 0,1,2 or 3 within that popup, that is the button pressed (first/second/third/fourth). How the info is used varies per popup, typically it is used for setting the text or properly linking the buttons to their appropriate action afterward.

You'd have to define a new popup type to handle 4 options and code them in. Just follow BUTTONPOPUP_RAZECITY through the DLL and you should see most every location where you need something. When it is doing checks for 0,1,2 or 3 within that popup, that is the button pressed (first/second/third/fourth). How the info is used varies per popup, typically it is used for setting the text or properly linking the buttons to their appropriate action afterward.

Okay, but I don't understand two things.

1.) Where is the text for that popup displayed? I don't see any TXT_KEY's anywhere...
2.)How does the game know what to do when the button is pressed... I don't see any following actions. The SetData functions are pretty much useless for understanding what's happening.

The text keys are set up in CvDLLButtonPopup::launchRazeCityPopup, which is called from CvDLLButtonPopup::launchButtonPopup.

The actions after clicking a button are handled in CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked.

Also, you'll find a reference in CvDLLButtonPopup::OnFocus if you are searching with this popup type, you can ignore that unless your new popup is allowed to be minimized as I recall.

The text keys are set up in CvDLLButtonPopup::launchRazeCityPopup, which is called from CvDLLButtonPopup::launchButtonPopup.

The actions after clicking a button are handled in CvDLLButtonPopup::OnOkClicked.

Also, you'll find a reference in CvDLLButtonPopup::OnFocus if you are searching with this popup type, you can ignore that unless your new popup is allowed to be minimized as I recall.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. :)

Find in Files and Find References are very useful features of Visual Studio. Using those for BUTTONPOPUP_RAZECITY would have led you to exactly the functions xienwolf laid out. Those and Go to Definition are the only features not found in a normal editor that I used in VS. Well, those and Build Solution. ;)

Find in Files and Find References are very useful features of Visual Studio. Using those for BUTTONPOPUP_RAZECITY would have led you to exactly the functions xienwolf laid out. Those and Go to Definition are the only features not found in a normal editor that I used in VS. Well, those and Build Solution. ;)

Yeah, I didn't realize that BUTTONPOPUPS were enumerated elsewhere. Once Xienwolf pointed that out, I figured everything else out okay. My popups work perfectly. :p

Top Bottom