Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

NUUUU! We NEED MOAR MEAT-SHIELDS!!! Build pikes and swords!

Sparthage, you're up!

If he can't play, we're back to the old jeffah - SLH - wannatakeit.

Whoops. Forgot about this (RL has been a bit crazy).

I'll try to do something today or tomorrow.

That's alright, you are playing your turn as you wanted -> In war!!! :)

Do your best and read up the posts before you play.

"I'll try to do something today or tomorrow."

Is tomorrow there yet, it is for me?

Obviously, he did not succeed in his attempt. :(

If he doesn't play tonight then we should just move it on. I hate to be negative but this thread has been going for almost 2 months and he hasn't been here for most of that time. JK played the last turnset 10 days ago. We need to speed things up a bit.

I hate RL.

Just got smacked with a couple of major papers that are both due in two weeks. Combine that with the other stuff I have due soon and the SAT/AP madness, and I haven't had any time recently. Sorry.

Anyways. A swap would be preferable to a skip for me. Until the weekend I will have almost no free time for anything, much less a turnset here. I would have posted earlier, but my attendance on the site hasn't exactly been great recently.

If you guys want to boot me, go ahead. I'll still drop by and post my thoughts when I can, but if you guys don't want to deal with my crazy schedule for the time being, I'll understand.

jeffah is UP
SLH is next
then me
then JK

Sprattige is sacked!

So keep this moving jeffah! :)

We can still make charity dude Optional a team-member.

But for now, just go by the reports and the instincts you have,
we don't need to repeat all that again?

Turn 120:
---Switch tech research to Metal Casting
---Switch Gao to build Mandu

Turn 121:
---Roman Pikemen make tactical blunder, 2 move north toward Antium while 1 kills our Archer, our Mandus all survive! :D
------I counterattack and kill the Pikeman in the south
---I choose to upgrade the Warrior in Neapolis to a Swordsman, he will protect my left flank from Pikes while I attack Cumae with Mandus
---Taghaza finishes a Colosseum, I start building a Stone Works

Turn 122:

---Caesar offers us peace deal which includes Cumae-I accept
---Sugar to Rammy ends so I sell one to him for 109 :c5gold:, he isn't happy with our warmongering so the deal is mediocre
---I discover we are at war with Warsaw and make peace
---Tombouctu finishes Mint and I start building Barracks
---I decide to annex Rome to serve as our northern admin center and buy a tile to connect Rome to Cumae

Turn 123:
---Caesar denounces us (with good reason) and I tell him he will pay in time
---We finish hooking up Marble and we go back up to 7:c5happy:, Courthouse in Rome will improve it even more
---I start moving forces south, I figure Greece makes sense for our next target

Turn 124:
---We finish researching Metal Casting, I start researching Steel
---Jenne finishes a Market, I start building a Stable (2 Horses and a Cattle in radius)

Turn 125:
---Chicken Pizza is built in a faraway land meaning we wouldn't have gotten it even if we kept building it

---Ptolemy completes list of tech and we are tops (24) followed by: Hiawatha(23), Cathy(22), Caesar(22), Darius(21), Alex(20), Rammy(18)
---Taghaza grows to size 4:c5citizen:
---Gao produces a Mandu, I begin work on a Workshop

Turn 126:
---Hiawatha builds the Great Wall
---Hiawatha allies with Florence (he is looking like a potential rival)
---I trade a extra gold resource to Hiawatha for 6:c5gold: per turn, we are making 52 :c5gold: per turn atm
---I spend 600:c5gold: to buy a Courthouse in Rome and we improve to 13:c5happy:

Turn 127:

---Cathy offers us an even RA, I accept since we don't plan to attack her yet and she is our only friend
---Neapolis grows to size 3:c5citizen:
---Rio de Janeiro wants us to kill Kathmandu (far away and pointless)
---Tombouctu finishes Barracks, I begin building a Swordsman

Turn 128:
---Alex offers us an RA, I decline
---We are no longer friends with Vienna (costs us 6 culture per turn), we may want to consider investing in another cultural CS

Turn 129:

---Hiawatha asks us to go to war with Alex:
------this presents an interesting dilemma
---------I choose to say to give us 10 turns to prepare-we should have 5 Mandus and a couple Longswords for the attack
---The Oracle is built in a faraway land, AI are a bunch of builders in this game
---Taghaza finishes Stone Works, begin Market

Turn 130: Oh Noes! :eek:

---Cathy backstabs us! :mad: 250:c5gold: from that RA down the drain, sad thing is I kinda thought she might because she was too nice when she had reason not to be, oh well my bad
---Cathy launches a carpet of mediocrity at us: lotta Archers, Warriors, and a couple Pikes :dubious:
------Good thing I left a couple Mandus up there for defense, I also send an Archer from Tombouctu that way
---Gao finishes Workshop and I begin a Mandu
---Jenne finishes Stable and I begin a Mandu

Looks like SLH gets to have all the fun again! :lol:

Situation on the Northern Front:

Nothing too concerning, a lot of units but they are outclassed by our Mandus and city bombards will help as well. A good defensive campaign should easily hold her off.

Situation on the (soon to be opened) Southern Front:

5 Mandus and likely 2 Longswords should be ready for the invasion of Greece. If the Iroquois can draw any enemy units towards them we should have an easy time of it in Greece.

Overall I think the situation is still pretty strong. Fighting on 2 fronts can be taxing but I think we are powerful enough to handle it.

Demographics:

Some notes:
1. I began a road to connect Roman territories to ours, it is almost finished and the Trade income should give us another little boost. Cumae isn't connected and probably won't be until after the war with Cathy ends however.
2. With the backstab we may want to consider buying another Mandu to defend the north.
3. We are hurting a bit culturally. Legalism will hopefully help.
4. Steel finishes in 1 turn so we can get Longswords out. We should also look to research Engineering next to get to Physics to build some Trebs to upgrade to Cannons later.
5. We have resources to sell with Cathy's betrayal. They should get us some extra gold to use to punish her.

Attachments

• GozAskia_0130 AD-0375.Civ5Save
    884.7 KB · Views: 131
Well, even if we heavily outclass Cathy, sheer numbers might be too powerful to resist them. Nevertheless, this is a too good of an opportunity to get Cathy on her knees. Definitely, we should buy a Mandu or Swordsman, maybe both, or as much things as we can. I'm frankly worried at such an army.

Besides, more units means less turns invested in an undesired conflict that is a mere diversion of forces respect to our current focus.

Nice turns, jeffah!

Cathy is strange, she does that to me every second game and when sign peace, she will just as friendly as before. So my idea to keep her to the end didn't quite work as planned. :)

She's sending rabble towards us and I think we just should buy 2 Mandus right away, 1 in Neapolis and another in Rome. 920g and we will have 4 mandus to "defend" ourselves. We should just slowly kill her scraparmy, to gain promos and GG-points, at least until we've taken Knossos from the greeks. After that all troops from south can trek up north towards St.Petersburg and at the same time, appoximately, we will have another mandu or two joining the northern front.

Hopefully Hiawatha can take out Greece cap themselves, it would be one less war for us to worry about.

If you feel throwing away 920g on 2 units, don't worry, we have another golden age coming up in about 7 turns and after that we take both Cathys cities for some good money, I would guess 6-700g all up. Knossos might give us 150-200g too, so will not be short on money.

Next SP -> Legalism for free mud mosques and an extra 16 cp?

I wonder if we even need cannons, after cleaning our part of the continent we should just go all out on mandus, remember we only "need" to take 2 capitols on the west side. With taking Moscow and St.Petersburg we'll get 8 more horses. So research is quite irrelevant, therefore anything is good enough. :)

An army of 25 Mandus should take out two weak civs without too many losses...and who count losses if we win it that way?

So, we take Knossos -> Moscow and St.Petes -> Athens if Iroquois didn't take it -> Iroquois despite their Great wall -> then the rest.

From here on, finish builds and build Mandus after that or buy mandus with what we loot, plus golden age. We would take over our side of the continent within 2, maybe 3 turnsets and already being on our way west.

One more thing, if we get another general soon, we might want to send him west too with a longsword or something, the horses will catch up quickly.

This should be fun :D I will do my best to defend against cathy and maybe even counter attack? Her capital is right there with a relatively low strength. If we take that it would surely teach her a lesson:trouble:

Lurker's comment: What I don't understand is why you guys don't build horsemen for Mandekalu upgrade. It really saves a lot of hammers if you build your troops unupgraded, and gold-upgrading is much cheaper then buying off the shelf.

Lurker's comment: What I don't understand is why you guys don't build horsemen for Mandekalu upgrade. It really saves a lot of hammers if you build your troops unupgraded, and gold-upgrading is much cheaper then buying off the shelf.

Smartass! I didn't even see that and thought horsemen were obsolete. :crazyeye:

Of course that is a better way of getting an army. So do what he said, after our current builds, please. :)

Turn 131: Research on engineering starts. I forget about our pact with hiawata and declare war on alex:mischief:. Caesar also declares on Cathy.
Spoiler :

Turn 132: We get a pike from Belgrade. The siege of Knossos begins.

Turn 133: Knossos falls:king: and i sell cotton to rammy and sugar to caesar.
Spoiler :

Turn 134: Engineering finishes and i go for Machnery. I heal the mandus at Knossos and send them north.

Turn 135: We get Legalism which gives us a welcome 16cpt:goodjob: Cathy begs for peace but i refuse.

Turn 136: The long road to rome finishes. I sell gold to rammy.

Turn 137: I sell cotton to hiawata and Alex comes to us on his knees to beg for peace. I accept, still forgetting about our deal with the iriqois.
Spoiler :

Turn 139: Hiawata tells me the time has come for war with alex. I tell him i changed my mind and luckily he doesn't seem pissed.

Turn 140: Golden Age!

We are soon ready for operation barbarossa. I can't say that cathy did a very good job at invading us and i only lost an archer.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Askia T140.Civ5Save
    902.6 KB · Views: 152
Lurker's comment: Could you edit your post a little, SomeoneLikeHim, the pictures are making a mess of the page! Just put each image on a new line, or use spoiler tags. Attaching a save is also handy.
Shouldn't you have taken Athens, or did the Iroquois take it?

I can't see Athens on the map. We haven't discovered it yet.

About Athens i really just followed Gozpels orders. He said we should wipe out russia first.

At this point I think we should start planning the endgame. We are in such a dominant position that this game should end sooner rather than later. To that end, I think we need to look to capture Athens and Moscow next. We only need capitals for the Domination VC. Both of those cities will fall pretty easily I think. After that we can look to take out the Iroquois or save them for last and prepare a western army to take Siam and Persia. This game should wrap up in 30-40 turns I think.

Top Bottom