Great Person Exploit?

Extrobollar

Chieftain
I've not been able to find this on the forum, but would be hugely surprised if this is something new, with the game being near 6 years old. Just in case though, here's an exploit I just found with GPs.

I landed a GP in a city from a boat and ended my turn, assuming I couldn't activate him until the next one. After I ended my turn and as was waiting for the opponents to finish theirs, I scrolled through the units in the city and it gave me the option to activate him, despite being dimmed, which I did.

However, even though this raised a flag in the city and gave me the bonus, it didn't actually use up the GP and gave me the option to use his secondary power when selected again. The game ended soon after, and not wanting to abuse a glitch in a multiplayer match, I didn't try using him a second time there or elsewhere, so I'm not sure if it is repeatable. I tried it in SP with the USA and their starting GP and it didn't work, so I assume this is something to do with doing this after having ended your turn but before the next one, as in SP it just goes straight to the next turn. Haven't been able to get another MP game yet to test.

I've only been playing the game a month or so and just stumbled on this today, so apologies if this is old news. Obviously I don't advocate using this if repeatable as it's potentially game breaking, especially online. But if you've ever noticed someone getting suspiciously quick culture victories (the fake-settling still adds a milestone) then it's possible they've been doing this all along...

I've not been able to find this on the forum, but would be hugely surprised if this is something new, with the game being near 6 years old..

I have not heard of it - but those that know might be keeping it secret. there are some other relatively game breaking things that exist too.

If you add me (on 360 under the same id I use here) we can test how that works with the USA or something. Maybe we can have a play around with caravans etc too.

I have not heard of it - but those that know might be keeping it secret. there are some other relatively game breaking things that exist too.

If you add me (on 360 under the same id I use here) we can test how that works with the USA or something. Maybe we can have a play around with caravans etc too.

For what it is worth I tried it just now and it didn't work. If it works there must be something more to it. did u use the gp I the end? sometimes it looks like you could use the gp but you can't.

Or did you duplicate the GP BEFORE settling it?

Top Bottom