Starships: A Reference Guide

Thanks Alkyon! Updated the guide.

Also, I realized that I must have been wrong about the Supremacy/Harmony, Supremacy/Purity, and Purity/Supremacy, Purity/Harmony unlocks. The Harmony hybrid affinities unlocked for me when I reached level 7/level 4 of the affinities, but that didn't happen for the other hybrids.

Anyone know what unlocks the other hybrid affinities?

For me it was 9/3 for the other affinities?

Anyways, I now have everything but Pioneers. I think I'm going to take a break from Starships until someone figures that out.

For me it was 9/3 for the other affinities?

Anyways, I now have everything but Pioneers. I think I'm going to take a break from Starships until someone figures that out.

I started up another game of Starships and noticed that I had unlocked all of the hybrid affinities, but the pop up only showed for the Harmony ones, so now I have no idea what the threshold is for the other 2.

How did you get Mercenaries?

I started up another game of Starships and noticed that I had unlocked all of the hybrid affinities, but the pop up only showed for the Harmony ones, so now I have no idea what the threshold is for the other 2.

How did you get Mercenaries?

It was an older quest. I have no idea which one since it was before I started paying attention. A lot of the stuff I mentioned in my post I already had but the game kept giving me the achievement popups when I did a mission that had a bonus with it, even if I did it 2-3 times in a single game (like Death Ship Alpha, I'd never seen that mission before then I got it 3 times in the latest game I played).

I just unlocked the Colonist - Mercenaries by completing the mission "Dark Star".

Thanks man. It's much appreciated.

I've uploaded a BE save with *should* unlock the hybrid affinities. Just process one turn and then check in Starships if they are unlocked (check even if there is no popup as I never received a popup for the Purity and Supremacy hybrids even though I got them).

Hopefully it works...

Also, updated the unlock list.

Attachments

• Starships Unlocks Save.CivBESave
    494.2 KB · Views: 301
I just discovered that the Starships unlockable content doesn't care if you're using FireTuner (like the Beyond Earth achievements do). :D

I had loaded an old game and it unlocked all of the affinity combos except the ones with Supremacy as the dominant one. I started-up FireTuner and added some Supremacy points and it unlocked the rest of them.

Does anyone have a good understanding of cities yet? The increase they provide seems a bit random.

The type of planet, the population, and any planetary improvements affect the planet's output. You can increase the population and the improvements and yields will go up.

Plus the planet's bonus type. :) Overall, it's pretty systematic.

Anybody ever run into a bug where the tooltip for the planet gets cut short? I think it happens when a wonder is constructed. It all turns to one paragraph and some information goes missing, such as the planet type.

Some conflicts with the current version of the game (that I'm playing):

Module planets do not reduce module cost by 50%. They reduce the cost to the cost of the previous level module. If the module level is 0, the first module will cost 50% of a normal level 1 module. That is, upgrading from level 0 to level 1 Laser will cost 50, and upgrading from level 1 to level 2 is 100, but upgrading from level 2 to level 3 is 200, not 150.

Having Barter planets still appears to change the market values, but they're generally more favorable to begin with.

Primal appears to increase population by 1B per turn.

There are 4 levels of missions:

Green: +1 Influence
Yellow: +2 Influence
Orange: + 3 Influence
Red: +4 Influence

Convergent Light: This wonder does not increase Laser range. Rather, it removes all distance penalties from Laser fire, so firing a Laser at any range is equivalent to firing it at point-blank range if the wonder is in effect.

Warp Control does not allow you to control which worm hole you emerge from. It merely allows you to reuse the worm hole multiple times in one turn so you can get to the one you want. Each use costs movement, so you could exhaust your entire movement getting to the worm hole you wanted.

Has anyone figured out how crew experience works? I can't tell what increases crew skill, dealing damage, kills, both, number of missions, or ?

also it seems that the bigger your ships, the less exp they gain. I have one ship that's veteran, one that's regular, and three rookies. Giving the rookies all the kills for the last... 20 missions or so hasn't resulted in any of them getting promoted. Any thoughts on how this works?

edit: well, turns out when you start destroying 3 ships with one torpedo, crew levels start advancing... still a mystery how my flagship can stay a rookie the whole game and then go to veteran in two battles. Also, any idea what the asterisk by the rank means? Rookie* etc

Top Bottom