What do you think of Rome

What do you think of Rome?

• Total voters
I think that Ballista should go, and Rome should get UB, like Forum or Spa. Forum boostung gold (replace market) and Spa to replace something to give culture and happiness, or boosted amhitheather.

I think Rome is fine, definately doesn't need a buff but can't blame anyone for wanting a nerf.

The Ballista+Legion gives you a military edge in that particular era of the game, more than any other civ. The legion road building helps to solve the high demand for workers in that era.

And how many times I wished I had the +25% build speed with other civs when it shows 60 turns to build the monument (marathon).

I don't see why people hate on the Ballista. From catapult's 8 strength to 10 is a big boost.

Same as the samurai, it has a very small 'half life' therefore it gets replaced quickly, then by definition the player base considers it trash.

Same as the samurai, it has a very small 'half life' therefore it gets replaced quickly, then by definition the player base considers it trash.

But its 3 tech tiers difference between the Catapult/Ballista and the Treb? From Treb to Cannon and from Cannon to Artillery is only 2 tiers.

But its 3 tech tiers difference between the Catapult/Ballista and the Treb? From Treb to Cannon and from Cannon to Artillery is only 2 tiers.

Don't ask me, I believe both the Ballista and Samurai are good units :)

UA for Rome should be the following:

All Roads Lead To Rome
Any city connected to the Capital via road/rail gains a 25% production increase.
Roads have 50% less maintenance cost.

Rome was well known for its massive road network, it would only make sense to make their roads less expensive.

That's OP .

My point is, I want to see every civ to have interesting UA and 2 uniques that really offer something, they should bring some new playstyle or strategy and be different.

So as Rome, UA fulfills that, Legions change the normal path the other civs have, and bring really powerfull SW replacement, which changes the game.

But Ballista is not good enough, it's a slightly better Catapult. I want something more exciting and interesting. Some UB or some UU that opens new ways for Rome. If Rome would get Catapults and not Ballistas, I would hardly notice, it does not bring real advantage.

A market replacement for ballistas would be nice: Forum Romanum. A trade route bonus of some sort. Perhaps "All roads lead to Rome": trade routes from this city to other civs provide extra gold if the city is also connected to Rome by a city connection.

The ballista doesn't need change. 10 combat as opposed to 8 is a heck of a lot; and they are also able to survive a little longer.
Legion is absolutely brilliant: a swordsman that, for once, doesn't get obsoleted by fancy-helmets wielding pikes.
And I'm fine with the UA; I generally build everything first in my capital anyway, so..

Top Bottom