Best BNW war themes

Which BNW war theme do you like the most?

• Assyria

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Brazil

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Indonesia

• Morocco

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Poland

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Shoshones

• Venice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zulu

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Brazil, absolutely. Had an early war against Ethiopia and couldn't help but sit and admire the theme that played.

1. Brazil
    How Geoff Knorr managed to take Chega de Saudade and make it a great War Theme is beyond me, but WOW is this great! This is as much surprising as it is awesome, and is easily this expansion's best War theme!
  2. The Shoshone
    I am currently playing a game as them, and Augustus Caesar decided to a pain and completely block me from expanding! Needless is to say, I very much enjoyed destroying Rome with this theme playing (that'll teach them to build a military instead of the Statue of Zeus)! :p Very powerfull!
  3. Poland
    If taking a Bossa Nova and making it a War Theme is impressive, then I have no words for taking a Christmas Carol and making the same! :lol: This is one impressive theme, I just hope I never have to hear it as Winged Hussars stomp across my lands, taking my cities and destroying my units!
  4. Assyria
    Slow at the start, but becomes an incredible, movie-like theme as it goes on. Probably the most intimidating of them all (as if Ashurbanipal wasn't intimidating enough! :lol:)
  5. The Zulu
    This is a really great theme, and it is certainly unique (as the Peace Theme also is). Great job on the vocals in this one!
  6. Portugal
    "Portugal so low? Surely you jest!" :lol: Portugal only truly shines in Peace, both in gameplay and in their themes... This is still a very good theme, but it pales in comparison to the above, and in comparison to the Peace Theme itself.
  7. Indonesia
    This one is genuinely scary. In fact, this one is really good, but I have one complaint about it that takes points away from it: it doesn't faithfully represent the culture it's trying to! :sad: Otherwise, it would be higher on the list, but failing to do that, I can't do it...
  8. Venice
    I don't like Venice's themes... They feel a bit generic, and it was a real disapointment not hearing Four Seasons. I was hoping I would grow to like them as I learned their origin, but not even so...
  9. Morocco
    Unlike Venice's, I've actually grown to feel a bit more positive about Morocco's themes as I learned the origin, and it does seem to heavily represent their culture. The problem I have with them is just how empty them seem, both Peace and War. War is a bit better in this regard, but it still feels like there's things missing in this theme, compared to all others in the game...

Ushaka, emanxulumeni, Ushaka
Fixed it for you! ;) :lol:

I liked the soundtrack of this expansion a lot. It is hard to pick favorites, but I guess I'd go with Poland, it is beautiful! Brazil's also awesome, Portugal too. Assyria is another great one, kind of cyclical and reminds me of a [] for some reason, but it is epic! Gotta love Indonesia's misterious track too, also liked the Shoshones' one.

Didn't really like the Zulus', Venice's and Morocco's. I have to say I like to listen to Morocco's War theme sometimes, but it is kind of bland. I disliked the Venetian one, sort of... generic? Something's missing there. And the Zulus have a nice song, but it isn't something I'd listen on my ipod (yes, I add civ songs to my songbank, judge me).

Brazil wins this easily for me

I find both of Brazil' themes to be highly overrated. The war theme, while admittedly very nice, seems like it would be more fit accompanying James Bond's ride to Isla island, not soldiers fighting and giving their lives for the glory, honor, and survivalof their country. voted Poland as I felt the song captured the best feel of the nations. Zulu a VERY close second. Really, I liked all of them. Indonesias was very cool and (call me crazy) had a strong fat princess vibe in the middle/ end. Pocatello's was a softer version of Attila's theme, which is tied with England's for best theme.

I find BNW soundtrack generally lacking compared to G&K, which I was in love with. Ethiopia was one of the finest songs I've heard in "a while"? Nope, in "my life". But BNW is...not that much outstanding, the only ones I like are Portugal Peace and Brazil War. Maybe Indonesia.

I like indonesia peace, but Portugal war theme is very good specially after the minute 1:13, they should have included the ukulele playing the background with the portuguese guitar instead of a normal guitar.

Link to video.

As much as I'd love to jump on Pedro's groovy bandwagon, Shaka's anthem is just a bit more brilliant to me. Casimir's at #3, and Enrico #4 just for the omnious opening trumpet

I prefer both Shaka's and Pedro's themes to the others. I ended up voting for Brazil in the pole as it's one of the most creative and original themes in the game to date. I really enjoyed the novelty and surprise.

Shaka was definitely a close second, so close in fact that I'd probably change my vote if given the option. :)

Top Bottom