Tourism Buffs

ashvin.l

ITendToLoseALot
I am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

With tourism, you get 25% Bonus pressure with open borders with a particular Civ. What I find weird is that the bonus works even if I don't open my borders to the other Civ. This defies logic since THEY have to VISIT US for the tourism to improve.

I would expect that for the bonus to be active both Civs should have open borders with each other. Or in the very least, it should be other way round (i.e., 25% bonus if I open my borders to the Civ).

I am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

With tourism, you get 25% Bonus pressure with open borders with a particular Civ. What I find weird is that the bonus works even if I don't open my borders to the other Civ. This defies logic since THEY have to VISIT US for the tourism to improve.

I would expect that for the bonus to be active both Civs should have open borders with each other. Or in the very least, it should be other way round (i.e., 25% bonus if I open my borders to the Civ).

Them giving you open borders means that you are recognized as dominant in the relationship... your people travel whereever they please...showing how great they are and spreading their ideas.

Them giving you open borders means that you are recognized as dominant in the relationship... your people travel whereever they please...showing how great they are and spreading their ideas.

Tourism is the opposite of religion. You don't need open borders in the other civs for your tourism to grow. They HAVE to VISIT YOU.

I like it the way it is because if I pay for the boost I don't have to worry about Monty wandering his units in and surrounding my capital.

Currently it is a slam dunk case to buy open borders. There are no trade-offs. If on the other hand, if it is your open borders that need to be given for the boost, then you need to consider lot many issues before opening it up (you open it up: There military will run around your empire. Their missionaries will convert you. Their archaeologists will steal artifacts etc). It brings a new complexity into the game. Also IMHO, you giving open borders appears more realistic as far as tourism is considered.

Top Bottom