Well that's a lot of use! (Antiquity site)

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
I have one located on an island that is one hex and totally ice bound.

More to the point- how did it even get there? No barbarians there.

I don't suppose there is any way to put a digger in a submarine?

I think you could get an Archaeologist there by filling up a large area of the map around it with Archaeologists or other civilian units, putting an archaeologist near the border of the closest non-open-borders, not-at-war civ, and waiting for their borders to expand, pushing the Archaeologist to the closest open tile, which is the snow island hex in the middle of the ice field because you filled up all the closer tiles with other civilian units. It's not remotely practical, but it's technically possible. (I think; this assumes that the game uses straight counting to find the closest open tile, and not some pathing-based thing.)

Screenshot please!

Try this. And while I am at it, why won't it upload from the Steam URL?

Attachments

• 2013-07-28_00001.jpg
    2013-07-28_00001.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 901
i've seen the same thing in one of my games. i guess there are just some artifacts that the world will never see in a museum.

I think you could get an Archaeologist there by filling up a large area of the map around it with Archaeologists or other civilian units, putting an archaeologist near the border of the closest non-open-borders, not-at-war civ, and waiting for their borders to expand, pushing the Archaeologist to the closest open tile, which is the snow island hex in the middle of the ice field because you filled up all the closer tiles with other civilian units. It's not remotely practical, but it's technically possible. (I think; this assumes that the game uses straight counting to find the closest open tile, and not some pathing-based thing.)

That would take dedication :eek:

How do you put archeologists on ice?

Try this. And while I am at it, why won't it upload from the Steam URL?

Secret predator base in Antarctica? Whatever it is, DON'T GO THERE.

I've seen the same with whales, crabs, and pearls surrounded by ice or impassible tiles.

Perfect timing, I just started another episode of The X-Files.
Definitely a crash site your government doesn't want you to access.

Twice I've had Old Faithful surrounded by snow hills - not ice-locked like that - but still a bizarre place for Old Faithful.

Top Bottom