What is the best and worst Natural Wonders in the game?

Fountain of Youth + Kilamanjaro = crazy combo. I hit it once. Warrior upgraded to spearmen, scout to archer, I changed to "bloodthirsty one" :)

I think you just repeated yourself there. :lol: Reminds me of the Loaning Tower of Pisa.
OT: Well, I guess the only reason to settle it is if it was next to a hill river tile. But yeah, the yields are really crap. I take Old Faithful over that. At least that is +3 happiness that can't be pillaged!

Haha damnit! You know what I meant though :p

I think rock of Gibraltar deserves an honourable mention. Nice yields, and always comes with an adjacent mountain that you can build Maccu Picchu on. Also the mountain is often completely flat due to a graphical glitch, which makes for a rather odd sea level Maccu Picchu :D

As with everything else, Uluru is the best "non-rare" Natural Wonder. The rare ones are: Cerro (5%), El Dorado (2%) and FoY (1%). Being able to work 6 faith and still grow the moment you found the new city is pretty big.

I got Fountain of Youth in my very first game of Civ V. :woohoo:

Kind of a waste really since I was just fooling around on Warlord level to learn how the new game worked. As Amunhotep of Egypt, Spammer of World Wonders, I did not really need such an overpowered Natural Wonder as well. It did come in handy when Askia fought a short, desperate war against me because he couldn't figure out what else to do. :lol:

Is there any legitimate reason why Natural Wonders seem to spawn near city-states so often? This is particularly frustrating since the BNW warmonger penalty for going after city-states is so bad. Absorbing city-states with juicy Natural Wonders seems like the best use for the Austrian (and Venetian) UA.

I got Fountain of Youth in my very first game of Civ V. :woohoo:

Kind of a waste really since I was just fooling around on Warlord level to learn how the new game worked. As Amunhotep of Egypt, Spammer of World Wonders, I did not really need such an overpowered Natural Wonder as well. It did come in handy when Askia fought a short, desperate war against me because he couldn't figure out what else to do. :lol:

Is there any legitimate reason why Natural Wonders seem to spawn near city-states so often? This is particularly frustrating since the BNW warmonger penalty for going after city-states is so bad. Absorbing city-states with juicy Natural Wonders seems like the best use for the Austrian (and Venetian) UA.
Natural wonders are supposed to spawn away from players so they often end up next to city states since most other areas are excluded.

Best is Lake Victoria, worst is Grand Mesa. Lake Victoria is just insane as growth is everything in CIV, while Grand Mesa is barely worth working most of the time. It's basically a Mountain (because it counts as one for Observatory/Macchu Picchu) that you might work a few turns in the early games before you get the necessary improvements on other tiles.

As far as Krakatoa goes, I'd suggest using the mod that fixes its spawning (also fixes Rock of Gibraltar and GBR), it's pretty good then.

fountain is the best.

Of the normal ones, Kilimanjaro and the Great Barrier Reef are my favourites.
The worst is Krakatoa because it is never workable. But otherwise I think the Grand Mesa is terrible, at least Old Faithful gives a happiness bonus.

As Spain, the best is finding GBR first, 1000gold and two amazing tiles.

I run a mod that makes Krakatoa always workable, and it also makes sure that both halves of the Great Barrier Reef are workable. It ensures that Gibraltar and its mountain are part of a bigger landmass, and does a latitude check to ensure their not in the ice.

That aside, I'll jump on the hate train for the grand Mesa. At least Krakatoa, Old Faithful, and the Barringer Crater all offer beakers - something a citizen can't generate until Education. Grand Mesa is like an unimproved mining luxury. Only thing going for it is if you can get +5 Culture from world congress.

Mount Sinai at least opens up the option of settling it solely to ensure a religion. That's something - an option that a Civ like Byzantium might go for. What's worse: a mediocre city that ensures a religion, or diving into the lacklustre piety to hope for a religion later?

Fountain is best for growth.
Gbr is best for Spain.
Kilimanjaro is best for combat.
Uluru best for religion.

Sri Pada (2 food, 4 faith and 2 happiness) is pretty solid for religion as well.

I got lucky my first game with Spain and scored Uluru and king Solomon's with my first two cities. That game just sold me on the situational awesomeness of Spain.

Because it rhymes (in a sense) and nods to the lack of skill involved in discovering it and utilizing its gold reward to leapfrog forward in the game. What presumably was setting up to be a challenging game is suddenly no longer that.

KSM with Spain feels like cheating if you hit it early. 12 production early on means it is time for wonder spamming.

Favourite- Uluru. Least favourite: bar ringer crater, a tile you will never woke. At least grand Mesa spawns in decent places and is a workable tile.

Fountain of youth
El dorado
Uluru
Lake Victoria
The
King Solomon's mines
Sri pada
Rock of Gibraltar
Mt Fuji
Krakatoa
Cerro de potosi
Old faithful
Grand Mesa
Bar ringer crater

i think the best could be fountain of youth because it is so rare to appear that when it finally appears, it completely makes it worth it to have found it in a map..

least favorites are natural wonders like
old faithful
krakatoa or maybe baring crater..
i don't really have a least favorite but these could be my least favorite..

I like Mount Fuji because it has the prettiest graphic

Top Bottom