What do you name your Custom Religion?

In my current game I am the Iroquois, fervently worshipping Guy on a Buffalo

whaaat ??? no Rationalism? Heathens, all of you! :bowdown:

but usually i name it "Church of the Mycel":satan: because i am sort of a "devout critic of McKenna" :old:

and the most obvious one was also not mentioned ( i saw this in the middle of nowhere in alaska: "The *holdsbreath* Church of God" :D

Herpes is a good one! You get messages like"Vatican City wants Herpes", and "Herpes has spread in xxx" X)

I just go by the civ's name.

e.g
America - Americanism
Arabia - Arabianism
Aztec - Aztecism
England - Englistic
France - Francoism
Maya - Doomsday

etc etc etc

God of War-Ethiopia one time
Mercantilism when founding a money based religion.
Imperialism/Colonialism when playing expansion based games.
Sailorism when I do a sea based game.
One time I chose the Tengriism symbol and named it Patriotism when I played my first game on G&K as the Mayans.

I name all my religions to custom names.
For example when I played The Mayans I named their religion "Mayanism" with the muslim star and moon symbol, ´cause you know the mayans where into astrologi. Then when I played as Spain I had planned to name all the ships, islands, wars and other things to spanish names, ´cause how else am I going to use the spanish we learn in school for. Then some rounds into the game it was time to create my religion. I named it "The Gate of Heaven" because I choose the Shintoisms symbol that looks like a gate. Then I facepalmed because I realize I should´ve named the religion "La Puerta del Cielo" which is spanish for "The Gate of Heaven".

Names I've used so far:

Pastafarianism
Atheism
Nihilism (we believe in nothing, Lebowski!)
Alcoholism ("Kathmandu desires Alcoholism" :D)
Recidivism

I was browsing this forum when I saw this topic and felt the urge to post something :)

I use quite a few different ones, depending on which strikes my fancy at a given time:

Big F'n Guns (always funny to see someone who desires Big F'n Guns)
Sexy Times
festering boils
a hard life
200 Cats (/Dogs/racing slugs/etc...)

Taoism -> Disco Fever (When playing as the Songhai)
WHAT! I called one of my recent religions Disco Fever too! That thing's contagious. Also "The Funk".

I'm a big fan of native diseases as well, so I'll pick Malaria for African civs, Black Death for European, and Herpes/Cancer/Botulism/Ebola as I see fit. Those city-states can't get enough.

I picked Tulips for the Dutch, maybe I'll start a wave of stereotypical exports next :)

I usually just use the default religions except when I'm playing as Sweden or Denmark. I'll pick tengriism and rename it "Asatro" (Aesir-faith), old norse paganism, and conquer in Odins name!

The bird represents Huginn or Muninn so it makes sense too.

Shugendo, either renaming Shinto or Tengriism, especially when I'm playing one of my mountain-centric Japanese civs like Takeda or Date. Otherwise normal Shinto, Tengriism, or Confucianism. Never Christianity.

I've heard in BNW you can purchase science buildings with faith... That's an insult to us atheists. They should put an Enhancer belief in that makes it so that cities can convert Faith to Science.

When Greek Dodekatheism, for historical accuracy.

"The Big Truth" and "The Big Lie" are wonderfully interchangeable

"Nothing"

Top Bottom