Editor Rules - Explained

Wow. That was a lot of keyboarding!
But..., Isn't this a replication of what's in the Civ3ConquestsEdit.chm file?

No. Because it is very vague at some points, and misleading at others. And others it doesn't even explain.

What about doing this for the Scenario Properties?

I'm going to work on it... Soon. (I'll transform one of my earlier posts into that. And add links to the 1st page)

That's the ticket!

Earliest Start: Determines in which year the plague will start at. (a negative number implies BC)
Variance: Determines how close in years to the earliest start the plague arrives, specified as a percent of the grace Period.
Duration: Determines the number of years the plague lasts before dissipating.
Strength: Determines the strength of the plague.
Grace Period: Determines how long in years between each plague.

This reminds me that I have been meaning to do some experiments on this for my personal mod.
Does anyone know, if the base time unit is set to months rather than years how the plague works. I had some odd situations (continuous plague ~200AD to end of game) when trying to work this out, but didn't have time to work out exactly what was going on.

If anyone figures out exactly how plague works, please tell. I don't think it can be changed from years to months, but the strength is really annoying. Sometimes it is weak, only 2 cities take it in, and nothing else, and other times it infects your whole empire, and never goes away.

Oh.

I'm not sure, but I think the plague will rage for several turns, even if it's set to last 1 year.

Yes. I have found that Plague has a mind of it's own.
I haven't done any specific experimenting, but I have changed the parameters numerous times. My experience is that the game pretty much decides itself how plague is going to work.

Bluemofia, if you're feeling like a masochist, it would be great to have some information on AI behavior. A lot of it is uncertain, but the patterns we have discovered would be useful information to have here.
Examples:
builds ~55-60% units with defense strategy flag
effects of aggression on initial contact
factors determining choice of government

Oh, no, I can't do this now, or anytime soon (within 3 months). I need to get AP testing out of the way, and then summer school. (Calc II)

I'll see what I can do eventually.

Found out something you might want to add under the worker unit flag.
If a unit is flagged as a worker (In AI flags) and also Offence/Defence (For workers that have attack and defence - I'm working on something concerning that) then the automate worker function doesn't work.
I tried it to see if I could get automated workers to stop running from barbs etc and just defend themselves.

+50% Research Output: Base Research output is increased +50% in this city (does not stack).
+50% Luxury Output: Base Luxury output is increased +50% in this city (does not stack).
+50% Tax Output: Base Tax output is increased +50% in this city (does not stack).

I may be interpreting this incorrectly, but, how does the Marketplace/Bank/Stock Exchange and Library/University/Research Lab stach their improvement bonuses beyond this checkbox? Some clarification would be appreciated.

I meant does not stack by EX:

10 tax. 1, +50% imp: 15 tax.
10 tax. 2, +50% imp: 20 tax. Not 22 or 23 tax.
10 tax. 3, +50% imp: 25 tax. Not 31 or 32 tax.

Basically it adds to the base amount, not recalculated through each improvement.

Ah, I see. So its additive not multiplicative, or whatever. Thank you for the clarification.

Is anyone aware on how many times the reduce corruption improvement box stacks? I assume Courthouse and Police Station stack, so would adding a 3rd improvement add more benefit?

No problem.

Not sure 100%, but I assume so since the courthouse and police station stack.

Oh yes. Welcome to CFC BTW. :)

So theoretically, 4 WW-reducing improvements in a city would leave no WW whatsoever...?

Question: If Building A requires Building B in the city and Building B no longer exists or functions, does Building A still function? I guess what I'm asking is, does the required improvement dependency affect functionality or only availability? Also, if a city loses the resource required for a building, doesn't that building stop functioning?

btw, for the Standard Tile Penalty in the Govt section, it's 3 or more

Top Bottom