Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

Geronimo20

Emperor
I'll be starting a new pitboss based on the Full of Resource map script (lakes map customized to highlands). Please read the proposed hereafter settings and sign in if interested. Don't hesitate to make comments, as some options can be discussed!

EDIT: Player list full

Current players

1) RRRaskolnikov - Pericles of Sumeria
2) Dreylin - Suryvarman of Khmer
3) Elkad - Julius Caesar of Byzantium
4) Zorzak - Darius of Persia
5) Rusten - Memed II of Aztec
6) Sarge85 - Hannibal of Vikings
7) DMOC - Wong Kon of Mali
8) slaze - Napoleon of France
9) Amask - Ragnar of Korea
10) Munro - Pacal of India
11) Roonie1 - Bismarck of Maya
12) classical_hero - Willem of Arabia
13) Indiansmoke - Peter of Inca
14) Geronimo - De Gaulle of Ethiopia

Civstats
http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1499

General
The civilizations and leaders will be chosen by each player (unrestricted leaders). The "balanced resources" setting has been selected. All victory conditions are on, except "Time victory". Direct IP connexion.

Version: BTS 3.19

Number of players: 14

Difficulty Level
The difficulty level being used is Deity for all players. Expansion will cause high maintenance costs to limit early land rush.

Mod
The no-score mod will be used to increase espionage strategy. This mod mainly removes the access to the demographics panel. You can find it attached to this thread.

War time (it may happen sometimes ;))
No war or sneak attack during the first 20 turns (3200BC).
No double move allowed during war time. Once the war is declared, the concerned players turn order will be maintained, as much as possible. Less than 6 hours on the clock to play his turn can be a reason to exceptionally break the latest.
A reload request could be exceptionally authorized during the game in case of "dramatic" misclick (unintentional war declaration with huge consequences for example).

Civstats will be used for turn notifications.

Detailed Settings
Map: Lakes customized to highlands (using Full of resources map script)
Size: Large
Climate: Temperate
Sea Level: Low
Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal

Game Options Selected
City Flipping after Conquest
No Technology Trading
No Technology brokering
Choose Religion
Unrestricted leaders
No random events

Victory:
Conquest
Domination
Cultural
Space Race
Diplomatic

Multiplayer
Simultaneous Turns
Take Over AI
Turn Timer - 22 hours (approx. 24 hours of real time)

Attachments

• Extract_contents_to_Mods_folder__NoScoreV2.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 449
I am interested... when do you plan to start? :)

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

edit: Pericles of Greece for me...

Always interested in another game.

Settings
Choose religions for flavor? (and further hiding what techs distant civs have?)

Rules
No temporary city gifting?

My civ. (unless you meant unrestricted)
Julius of Rome

believe it or not, I could care less about the Praetorians. If it was unrestricted, I would have likely chosen Julius of one of the courthouse UBs (sumeria, HRE, maybe Zulu).

Of course that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid Iron Working for half the game either..

I'm also interested. Darius I of Persia plz. (If unrestricted leaders i have to think)

My proposition is turn OFF victory condition: "time"

I am interested... when do you plan to start? :)
Pitboss will start as soon as all slots are taken and rules agreed.

Settings
Choose religions for flavor? (and further hiding what techs distant civs have?)
OK, for choosing religion

Rules
No temporary city gifting?
OK (that reminds me something ;))

My civ. (unless you meant unrestricted)
Julius of Rome
I am not against unrestricted leaders/civs. It could give more combinations.
Anyone disagrees?

I'm interested, but:

Is this the same noscore mod as has been used at TG (tacticalgamer)? Surely it doesn't go too well with no technology trading.

Unrestricted or not doesn't matter to me.
I suggest removing random events.

NoScore mod or not I should be in. I favour no technology trading.

Civ: Aztec
Will decide leader when/if we decide to go for unrestricted.

Same NoScore as TG.

The new mod for the TG Succession game greatly increases the "known civ" bonus to techs. Idea was with no trading, you could at least get a big discount on techs if you were behind. It has scoring on though (which I don't like), so a merge of the 2 would be nice.

Then again, Geronimo said "featuring Espionage". You can still steal techs with trading off :)

Rules.
Random Events? I'll go with Rusten and vote No. I think avoidance of bad events has gotten pretty prevalent now (and seems impossible to police), so they are probably a bad idea.

Civ: Aztec
Will decide leader when/if we decide to go for unrestricted.
As nobody seems to resend to unrestricted, let's go for it!

Is this with the Diety+ tech costings as from the TG game? I found that a little burdensome.
This mod is being used for "Age of Provolutia". Apparently, same NoScore as TG (Thanks Elkad!)
I don't think it increases techs cost on Deity level. Someone could confirm?

Same NoScore as TG.
The new mod for the TG Succession game greatly increases the "known civ" bonus to techs. Idea was with no trading, you could at least get a big discount on techs if you were behind. It has scoring on though (which I don't like), so a merge of the 2 would be nice.
I confirm there is no discount on "known civ" techs in this mod.
I found this behaviour interesting, but I don't know how to merge 2 mods (easy to do?)
If I had to choose, I would rather keep the NoScore.

Rules.
Random Events? I'll go with Rusten and vote No. I think avoidance of bad events has gotten pretty prevalent now (and seems impossible to police), so they are probably a bad idea.
Random events off are OK for me.

I'd like to play

I also think that one reload per game seems too strict.
I don't think a yes/no vote will work very well, since 1 - some people may not be around to post, or won't be bothered, and 2 - I don't recall anyone openly saying "NO, NO reload for you".

But if a few people agree, maybe exceptions can be made?

I'd like to play in either case.

EDIT: Stalin of Korea please

Can anyone explain me in simple english language what mean NoScore mod and what it changing for normal no-mod game ?

NoScore Mod:

No summary Demographics Screen - Graphs still available

Your score is equal to only the number of Wonders (National & World) you control. e.g. Tech & land have no score value

I also think that one reload per game seems too strict.
I don't think a yes/no vote will work very well, since 1 - some people may not be around to post, or won't be bothered, and 2 - I don't recall anyone openly saying "NO, NO reload for you".
But if a few people agree, maybe exceptions can be made?

For me the reload request is due to a disastrous unwanted event: wrong click that kills all of his units for example, or vote for another player AP victory, because of panel appearance. Basically this should be due to computer/network trouble. But other errors are part of the games and should be treated as normal life... no reload can be done in RL ;)
That said, I admit it is difficult to verify if a reload is justified or not. The idea behind limiting to only one reload, was that should be the last last solution. Ideally, nobody should use it.
If someone has got serious issues, as I understand your question, Amask, it maybe treated case by case. I think of this rule : "Another reload could be accepted for a player, if nobody opposes to it."
Other ideas/wording?

Top Bottom