Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

Religion updated. Zimbabwe is now Islamic.

Japan has no religion. It has freedom of religion. Before you say that this is unrealistic, read about Mongolia.

Well, that's not against the rules. In fact, the rules give you that specific option.

No, I believe he's talking about real Mongolia. Otherwise "unrealistic" would be a confusing adjective to use.

Yes. The RL good old Mongolian Empire.

Because that was such a bastion of stability after Ghengis Khan died.

I am sure under one religion it would have been much more stable :mischief:

Their sliders were too innovative to get any missionaries so they just decided to let bygones be bygones.

What if you eventually connect colonies to your core territories?

You can annex them.

You can actually annex any territory you claim but it increases RR ever so slightly (higher the farther it is from the core).

Meh. Freedom of religion wasn't common back then, but it was theoretically possible. Rome did it under Constantine. One of the Indian (Not American Indian, India Indian) leaders allowed it during the BC years. And apparently Mongolia did it

That said, the majority of countries back then had some sort of state religion. Heck, we're going a bit outside the norm by even allowing Celto-Catholicism in our Oriental Catholic country (Though, at present, there are only 2 Celto-Catholic parishes in our entire nation, as compared to 15 Oriental Catholic parishes.)

Nation: Pearl River Kingdom
Ruler: Kangxi
Government: Merchant Prince Society
Religion: Buddhism

After the dissolution of the old order a cabal of rich merchants and local lords banded together to form the Pearl River Kingdom along the coast of Kwangtung and Fukien provinces. A council of the top leaders (called the Necklace of Shimmering Beauty) elect a leader for 10 year terms. The council approves expenditures and affairs of state. As the kingdom has expanded key lords or merchants of the new lands are often admitted to the council on a probationary status that can be made permanent. Similar to medieval Venice, Pearl River is a trading oriented nation that accumulates wealth from elsewhere.

Attachments

• 2007-4-11-kangxi.jpg
    2007-4-11-kangxi.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IOT Canton.png
    IOT Canton.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 54
Religion: Taosim

After the dissolution of the old order a cabal of rich merchants and local lords banded together to form the Pearl River Kingdom along the coast of Kwangtung and Fukien provinces. A council of the top leaders (called the Necklace of Shimmering Beauty) elect a leader for 10 year terms. The council approves expenditures and affairs of state. As the kingdom has expanded key lords or merchants of the new lands are often admitted to the council on a probationary status that can be made permanent. Similar to medieval Venice, Pearl River is a trading oriented nation that accumulates wealth from elsewhere.

Did you really have to start smack in my SOI?

We may have to take you out, depending on what territory you're aiming for.

Good lord, I haven't heard someone say SoI in bloody ages.

Dommy, I about two people started within regions I wanted to expand into. You have to deal with it. ;)

Religion: Taosim

There is no Taoism as a religion.

Here are the current religions with their schisms

1.) Celto-Catholics
-Oriental Catholicism
2.) Islam
-Bogomil
3.)Cartharism
-Milanese Catholicism
4.) Buddhism
-Tibetan Buddhism
5.) Monolith Worship
6.) Confucianism

Feel free to join one of these (or join one of these and start a schism but starting a schism of a schism is even more difficult than just a schism). :lol:

Come now, Dommy, we should all strive to be a bit more accomidating to new players.

We can prob'ly work something out, if he expands south into Indochina rather than north smack into where I am. But yeah, I'm not going to war yet.

Please, he can expand wherever he wants, Im sure he can take you in any war now that he knows your an imperialistic psychopath :p

Top Bottom